This is a True HERO--

This Sheriff's bravery against an idiotic judge is sure to be saving lives and preventing more victims.
I am no where near as charitable as judges ordering the prison releases on account of covid. Yes it sucks to be in jail during a pandemic. These people chose poorly. Nobody made them commit their crimes, they could have chose differently. All took their chances, in order to get what they wanted, that ended up putting them their. Sometimes when you gamble on your chances, you lose. Gambling on going to prison is gambling with their life. If you gamble and lose, well, it just sucks to be you.

This Sheriff's bravery against an idiotic judge is sure to be saving lives and preventing more victims.
Too bad it doesn't have the judge's name.

That would be Superior Court Judge Peter Wilson, the guy on the left...

Peter Wilson - Ballotpedia

I believe his phone number is in this link...

Judge Peter J. Wilson | Trellis

web_026.jpg

web_026.jpg
Needs a bitch slap for the release order, but the Sheriff not the one to be able to do it. Not releasing, OK. Making statements not releasing, iffy. Be luck if not slapped with contempt and joins the prisoners for a night.

web_026.jpg
I would usually frown on this. But since we have to go as low as the libturds, I say Good Job.

I am no where near as charitable as judges ordering the prison releases on account of covid. Yes it sucks to be in jail during a pandemic. These people chose poorly. Nobody made them commit their crimes, they could have chose differently. All took their chances, in order to get what they wanted, that ended up putting them their. Sometimes when you gamble on your chances, you lose. Gambling on going to prison is gambling with their life. If you gamble and lose, well, it just sucks to be you.

Are all of those in jail convicted or are they awaiting trial?

Mostly convicted, though I do not have an accounting. Most of those charged, awaiting trial are probably guilty. That is just opinion, though probably accurate. May all the guilty get a mediocre, overworked public defender for Christmas and all the the not guilty be represented by lawyers much better than trump hired to overthrow the country.

Mostly convicted, though I do not have an accounting. Most of those charged, awaiting trial are probably guilty. That is just opinion, though probably accurate. May all the guilty get a mediocre, overworked public defender for Christmas and all the the not guilty be represented by lawyers much better than trump hired to overthrow the country.

To quote Jim Croce...doing "90 days for non support".... Would you want to see this type of person in a covid infested jail? Its doubtful that he/she would die from covid but they may get sick...they may not be able to go back to work (if they work in healthcare espeically--we've had this before).

Class A-B misdemeanors....versus State Jail Felonies--1-3 Degree F?

To quote Jim Croce...doing "90 days for non support".... Would you want to see this type of person in a covid infested jail? Its doubtful that he/she would die from covid but they may get sick...they may not be able to go back to work (if they work in healthcare espeically--we've had this before).

Yes. Don't get emotional about it for the perp, as you said most would recover if infected. If they are out of work, without means of paying their child support, it is unlikely they would get the 90 days. We have seen a lot of people of means not paying child support. Often those that will not pay to the point of being jailed are not visiting or trying to help raise the children. Deadbeat dads suck, and they too should think of the possible consequences. If you miscalculate the consequences of being a deadbeat dad, it sucks to be you, but on average, your choice.

Yes. Don't get emotional about it for the perp, as you said most would recover if infected. If they are out of work, without means of paying their child support, it is unlikely they would get the 90 days. We have seen a lot of people of means not paying child support. Often those that will not pay to the point of being jailed are not visiting or trying to help raise the children. Deadbeat dads suck, and they too should think of the possible consequences. If you miscalculate the consequences of being a deadbeat dad, it sucks to be you, but on average, your choice.

I see your point.

Pretty high stakes for bouncing a check or what have your. But, hopefully you're right. I hope the ones in jail are convicted felons. If you have just been arrested and haven't been convicted of anything though...being in a holding cell with 24 others....sounds pretty hazardous.

Funny how murdering or maiming a cop creates a perp for life with no parole when the party's over.

I see your point.

Pretty high stakes for bouncing a check or what have your. But, hopefully you're right. I hope the ones in jail are convicted felons. If you have just been arrested and haven't been convicted of anything though...being in a holding cell with 24 others....sounds pretty hazardous.
If it becomes hazardous and they die, God will sort it out.

I see your point.

Yeah, I looked it up. No one actually gets locked up for "bouncing a check," unless they do it with malice a fore-thought, and if that is the case, they get what they deserve.

This disease is so innocuous, it only is a real hazard to folks with serious pre-existing conditions. . . so the only folks in prison it is a serious threat to are folks that have been there a very, very long time. IOW, bad, bad folks. Any of the others are probably healthy as a horse. Ill folks generally don't go on crime sprees.

What the judges ought to be doing is assigning high dose immune boosting vitamin supplementation, disinfectant, masks to all inmates, and call it good.

I see your point.

Yeah, I looked it up. No one actually gets locked up for "bouncing a check," unless they do it with malice a fore-thought, and if that is the case, they get what they deserve.

This disease is so innocuous, it only is a real hazard to folks with serious pre-existing conditions. . . so the only folks in prison it is a serious threat to are folks that have been there a very, very long time. IOW, bad, bad folks. Any of the others are probably healthy as a horse. Ill folks generally don't go on crime sprees.

What the judges ought to be doing is assigning high dose immune boosting vitamin supplementation, disinfectant, masks to all inmates, and call it good.

Theft by check is a crime and people do get locked up for it pending bail. If you can't pay bail or get a PR bond...you sit in jail until your trial.

Does it happen often? Likely not...hopefully not. But the point I was making (the stuff about the check was not paying child support) was that if you're accused of a crime, thats fine...that is our system. If it means you're sitting in a deadly environment of Covid 19 for a B MISD...that's not right. This is just my view.

I see your point.

Theft by check is a crime and people do get locked up for it pending bail. If you can't pay bail or get a PR bond...you sit in jail until your trial.

Does it happen often? Likely not...hopefully not. But the point I was making (the stuff about the check was not paying child support) was that if you're accused of a crime, thats fine...that is our system. If it means you're sitting in a deadly environment of Covid 19 for a B MISD...that's not right. This is just my view.
Exactly. . . THEFT. IOW. . they knew what they were doing. It was not an error. OH WELL.

Deadly? You have a greater chance of dying in a car accident on your way to court or to the jail cell.

Stahp with the hyperbole.

I see your point.

Exactly. . . THEFT. IOW. . they knew what they were doing. It was not an error. OH WELL.

Deadly? You have a greater chance of dying in a car accident on your way to court or to the jail cell.

Stahp with the hyperbole.

Unless you have comorbidity...

Again, at the point you're arrested and jailed...you're accused....you're not convicted of anything.

Forum List

Back