This is breaking speculation maybe? Trump to announce.

"Like presidents before him, Obama is leaving office with the story of his presidency boxed and ready for the history books – "

Yep, and they all went to a NARA warehouse under the control of NARA.

Not his basement.

I trust you can see the difference.

Ah, so you support the legal process of holding Trump accountable for stealing our stuff.

Good deal.
Ah. So you’re one of the simple-minded jerkoffs who don’t grasp that the word “stole” has an actual legal meaning.

Your request to remain ignorant is granted.

That’s fine. In fact, it might be a fruitful subject for more discussion. (But I’m not sure this thread is the right one for that discussion.). Don’t want to derail my own thread.

If Trump is planning to announce, today, he might be missing the deadline for the evening news cycle.

Therefore it looks less and less likely that he will announce today.

He needs to run as indie and lose the GOP baggage; they only stab him in the back anyway, and Democrats have no problem buying GOP votes for their bills as it is. He already has name identification and lives in deviants and commies' brains so the GOP is just useless dead weight. they can't win anything without him at the national level.

Ah. So you’re one of the simple-minded jerkoffs who don’t grasp that the word “stole” has an actual legal meaning.

Your request to remain ignorant is granted.
I didn't realize we were in a court of law counselor.

I have a disadvantage on these boards, unlike 90 percent of the people here, I am just an electrical worker, not a laywer.

What word would you use to describe someone who takes something that doesn't belong to them, while ignoring legal requests to have the stuff returned?

I have a disadvantage on these boards, unlike 90 percent of the people here, I am just an electrical worker, not a laywer.

What word would you use to describe someone who takes something that doesn't belong to them, while ignoring legal requests to have the stuff returned?
You mean those same people who came out in June and said it was fine? Those people?

Everyone here is independently wealthy and living off their stock market millions before they finished high school. They apparently average 6,000% a week on all their genius 'investments' and super high income jobs n stuff, so you proles are indeed at a disadvantage here.

We’re not. And yet, despite the stubborn resistance of liberals, it remains true even outside of a court that words have meaning.
Nobody cares. You used the word “stole” and it is baseless.
Irrelevant. I used to take work home too. The files did not “belong” to me, but I was allowed to possess them. Ergo, having them did not constitute stealing them.

As to the alleged failure to return the property once Trump was no longer President, that too is somewhat disputed. He was, after all, in NEGOTIATIONS with lawyer for the government relative to his return of some or all of the documents. Why would the National Archives “negotiate” over an undisputed claim? They wouldn’t. So even they recognized that Trump might have some claim to some of the documents. The act itself addresses such a possibility.

“Stole,” as used by you, is meaningless.

We’re not. And yet, despite the stubborn resistance of liberals, it remains true even outside of a court that words have meaning.

Agreed.

You're not a liberal? Why?

Nobody cares. You used the word “stole” and it is baseless.

Obviously you care. What word would you like me to use? Swipe? Snatched?

Irrelevant. I used to take work home too. The files did not “belong” to me, but I was allowed to possess them. Ergo, having them did not constitute stealing them.

1. You don't think whatever job you had and the presidency are false equivalency?

2. If you had a laptop at home and then we're fired, would you have to give the laptop back? What if you didn't?

3. In your personal scenario, did you ignore a subpoena?

4. What if your lawyer lied and vouched for you returning the laptop when you didn't?

As to the alleged failure to return the property once Trump was no longer President, that too is somewhat disputed. He was, after all, in NEGOTIATIONS with lawyer for the government relative to his return of some or all of the documents.

No he wasn't. He lied. His lawyer lied. He knew he had the documents but told the fed that he didn't.

Why would the National Archives “negotiate” over an undisputed claim?

Because they did not want the issue to escalate to what it has probably.

They wouldn’t.

Speculation.

So even they recognized that Trump might have some claim to some of the documents.

The archives didn't want Trump's documents back, they wanted the people's documents back.

The act itself addresses such a possibility.

“Stole,” as used by you, is meaningless.
So again, what word would you use?

Forum List

Back