🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This is how politicians protect your rights

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
People keep telling me Paul was crazy because he wanted a straight answer from Obama about drones. If it was up to Graham Obama could use drones to kill jaywalkers in the name of national security.

Sen. Lindsey Graham would propose censoring Americans' "snail" mail if he thought it would help protect national security, the South Carolina Republican said Tuesday. But for now, he says he doesn't think it's necessary.
Faced with questions about the disclosure that the National Security Agency has been collecting phone and email records of citizens, Graham pointed to a World War II-era program in which the federal government censored mail. He said it was appropriate at the time and that he would support reinstating the program if it aided security efforts.
"In World War II, the mentality of the public was that our whole way of life was at risk, we're all in. We censored the mail. When you wrote a letter overseas, it got censored. When a letter was written back from the battlefield to home, they looked at what was in the letter to make sure they were not tipping off the enemy," Graham, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told reporters on Capitol Hill. "If I thought censoring the mail was necessary, I would suggest it, but I don't think it is."

Lindsey Graham: ?If I thought censoring the mail was necessary, I would suggest it?

The ACLU is so far left it will not touch any second amendment fight.
I guess they don't believe that keeping and bearing arms is a right at all - certainly not a civil liberty.

I have insurance through my life membership in the NRA, NSSF, and the SAF for legal and civil litigation in the event that I have to use a gun to defend myself.

Why hasn't the ACLU filed a suit over the unlawful searches by the TSA?

The ACLU is so far left it will not touch any second amendment fight.
I guess they don't believe that keeping and bearing arms is a right at all - certainly not a civil liberty.

I have insurance through my life membership in the NRA, NSSF, and the SAF for legal and civil litigation in the event that I have to use a gun to defend myself.

Why hasn't the ACLU filed a suit over the unlawful searches by the TSA?

They have.

Threads like this remind me not to get too chummy with my Conservative buds. Looking at Boehner's reaction to the NSA revelations, that ass-wipe is nobody I want leading my party.. Don't know how it happened that he's leading yours..

Graham may be guilty of EXACTLY what Snowden did... Seems like a bunch of CongressCritters in Wash DC are playing chicken to see who's gonna step out first with an admission that this Intel program overstepped it's bounds..

http://www.start.earthlink.net/article/pol?guid=20130611/abc54ab2-03f0-4e1e-bb7a-2937989fdedf

Explaining the programs to reporters, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a member of the Senate Armed Services and Judiciary committees, initially described how the NSA uses pattern analysis of millions of phone calls from the United States, even if those numbers have no known connection to terrorism. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper has vigorously maintained that there are strict limits on the programs to prevent intruding on Americans' privacy, and senior officials quickly denied Graham's description.

Graham later said he misspoke and that Clapper was right: The phone records are only accessed if there is a known connection to terrorism.

Yeah sure.. Clapper reminded him about the hooker in his hotel room a couple weeks ago.. THATS what really happened.. I was cheering for Graham earlier in the day thinking he was gonna do the right thing..

Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., like many members, said he was unaware of the scope of the data collection.

"I did not know 1 billion records a day were coming under the control of the federal executive branch," Sherman said.

Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., said there was a lot of heated discussion and that, "Congress didn't feel like they were informed."

Cohen conceded many lawmakers had failed to attend classified briefings in previous years where they could have learned more. "I think Congress has really found itself a little bit asleep at the wheel," he said.

One of the Senate's staunchest critics of the surveillance programs put Clapper in the crosshairs, accusing him of not being truthful in March when he asked during a Senate hearing whether the NSA collects any data on millions of Americans. Clapper said it did not.

Now that's more like it...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back