This Is How the NRA Ends A bigger, richer, meaner gun-control movement has arrived

If the Dums know what good for them they will let this sleepiing dog lay...

The only people in quantities in America who are for gun control are lefty politicians who are also for people control - in fact -- people control is what it's really all about!!

That's what you wingnuts want everyone to believe.

Sorry - 4 million are no longer going to dictate to the other 316 million.

Oh goody..

So which other "Enumerated Rights" are we going to put up for a popular vote and those that lose, are gone?

/sarcasm.

Perhaps you have forgotten that the Constitution is there to protect the rights of the minority, be it that they are the minority because of their skin color, religion, or like to shoot guns.

Suppose we took a vote to outlaw Muslim Calls to prayer because it disturbed our rest, hearing them 5 times a day.. Do you think that would fly?

Perhaps you really ought to think.

The only people in quantities in America who are for gun control are lefty politicians who are also for people control - in fact -- people control is what it's really all about!!

Your real problem here is that in addition to the 4 mil. NRA members there are another 200 million who sympathize with American values in supporting the 2nd Amendment...

For as much info as you process it amazes me how ignorant you are of the truth.

I cannot buy a semiautomatic rifle in New York State. People who own one cannot pass it down to anyone else. Yet the government's civillian agents can have them.

I want a semi automatic rifle, which is a legal firearm almost anywhere else. Why cant I have one if I am a law abding citizen with No record?

I want the gun, I cant have it. the RIGHT to own it has been taken from me.
I proved that Bloomberg's organization wants to not just ban new guns, but take existing guns.
She ignored this.
Do you really think there's any reason to continue conversing w/ her?

Synth is a her?
She has to be.

No one imagines that the gun grabberx wouldn't result in a much bigger, vastly richer and very mean NRA.

Good.

It's not the money...it's the voters.
If it wasn't the money, needed to convince voters, then we wouldn't be bombarded with ads every election.

Are you bombarded with pro gun ads?

What the NRA delivers is voters...voters that go to the polls on election day.

That is their true power...

Bloomberg can try...it's a free country, but his influence ends at I-84.
I'm in a battleground state, so I get hit with all the ads.

Bloomberg's money spends very well in other states.

I cannot buy a semiautomatic rifle in New York State. People who own one cannot pass it down to anyone else. Yet the government's civillian agents can have them.

I want a semi automatic rifle, which is a legal firearm almost anywhere else. Why cant I have one if I am a law abding citizen with No record?

Because the peoples' representatives in New York have voted that you cannot - that's why. Don't like it? Go to another state.

But no one is taking away your guns or proposing to do so.

Would that be anything like "Want to have an abortion, go to another State"?
More like "Don't like Obama? Move to Somalia."

I proved that Bloomberg's organization wants to not just ban new guns, but take existing guns.
She ignored this.
Do you really think there's any reason to continue conversing w/ her?

Synth is a her?
No.

Oh goody..

So which other "Enumerated Rights" are we going to put up for a popular vote and those that lose, are gone?

/sarcasm.

Perhaps you have forgotten that the Constitution is there to protect the rights of the minority, be it that they are the minority because of their skin color, religion, or like to shoot guns.

Suppose we took a vote to outlaw Muslim Calls to prayer because it disturbed our rest, hearing them 5 times a day.. Do you think that would fly?

Perhaps you really ought to think.
Well, SCOTUS upheld the right to an abortion, although there are restrictions.

The 2nd is not sacrosanct. SCOTUS has ruled that, also.

Your real problem here is that in addition to the 4 mil. NRA members there are another 200 million who sympathize with American values in supporting the 2nd Amendment...

For as much info as you process it amazes me how ignorant you are of the truth.

Did you just pull that out of your ass? :lol:

Tell me, has NRA membership declined? Has NRA funding decreased?

Of course, the answers to these questions is a resounding no and therefore the call that the NRA is ending is completely fabricated fantasy. The NRA is going nowhere. As a matter of fact, the bigger their competition becomes, the more support the NRA is going to garner. They have a new challenger and that might diminish their influence (I doubt that it will BTW but we will see) but that in no way whatsoever signifies the end of the NRA or its influence.

This Is How the NRA Ends

A bigger, richer, meaner gun-control movement has arrived

On April 17, the bill to expand background checks on gun buyers failed in the Senate, and the fatalistic shrugs in Washington were so numerous they were nearly audible. The legislation had been a modest bipartisan compromise, supported by 90 percent of the public and lobbied for hard by the president. A group backed by Michael Bloomberg had spent $12 million on ads pressuring senators to vote “yes.” When the bill fell short—by just five votes—it seemed to confirm a Beltway article of faith: There’s no point messing with the National Rifle Association (NRA). And that, many assumed, was the last we’d be hearing about gun reform.

But then something unexpected happened. Some of the senators who’d voted “no” faced furious voters back home. Even before Erica Lafferty, the daughter of murdered Sandy Hook Elementary principal Dawn Hochsprung, confronted New Hampshire Republican Kelly Ayotte at a particularly tense town hall, Ayotte’s disapproval rating in the state had jumped from 35 to 46 percent—half the respondents said her “no” vote made them less likely to support her.1 In Pennsylvania, which has the second-highest concentration of NRA members in the country, the bill’s Republican co-sponsor, Pat Toomey, saw his approval reach a record high. One of the country’s best-known gun-rights advocates, Robert Levy, said the NRA’s “stonewalling of the background-check proposal was a mistake, both politically and substantively.”2

*snip*

This is a very good read. Also very well sourced. Recommended.
Yes I have seen that crowed :eusa_whistle: :lol:
5128f94f620e1.preview-300.jpg

Mooresville anti gun rally.
http://www.hickoryrecord.com/moores...cle_80732886-7d6f-11e2-a946-001a4bcf6878.html

Tell me, has NRA membership declined? Has NRA funding decreased?

Of course, the answers to these questions is a resounding no and therefore the call that the NRA is ending is completely fabricated fantasy. The NRA is going nowhere. As a matter of fact, the bigger their competition becomes, the more support the NRA is going to garner. They have a new challenger and that might diminish their influence (I doubt that it will BTW but we will see) but that in no way whatsoever signifies the end of the NRA or its influence.
The NRA has spent $30 million in contributions over the past 20 years.

Bloomberg could spend that in a day if he wanted and not miss a penny of it, all thanks to Citizens United.

When are whiny liberals going to stop blaming the private sector for what politicians do or don't do? The NRA doesn't dictate policy. When a democrat or a republican fails to vote for a law it's because it's a bad law or they know it doesn't represent the majority of their constituents.

Does the radical left actually think democrats are afraid of the NRA? Does the radical left think the constituents the democrat senators represent are afraid of the NRA? The Bill failed in the democrat majority senate because it was a bad law.

Forum List

Back