This is just one reason I have no respect for the Pope.

The term "Christian" predates any Protestant fragmentation of the "universal" church by well over a millennium. There is no Christian denomination that studies the Bible that does not accept many aspects of Catholic teaching, of course. Anyone attempting to foment pointless division is working on behalf of an agenda that is most certainly not Christian.

Catholics are, of course, Christian.

Catholic hating is so last century.

I think that it is ridiculous that so many people who call themselves "Christians" entirely skip over the Sermon on the Mount, the most singular part of what has come down through history as the thoughts of Jesus and no other (and I'm not even including the Gnostic Gospels).
Salvation is through Christ only, the pope and his Catholic Church have nothing to do with it

Whatever feel good branch off of Catholicism you follow has no more legitimacy than Catholicism. Less, when considering that it was created because either Catholicism was just too hard, or because you wanted to pick and choose what to follow in the bible to suit your ambitions.
Get it through your thick skull,The Catholic Church is a remnant of the Roman Empire.
Rome fell over 1500 years ago. The remnant must be pretty damn strong, having kept Christianity alive for so long afterwards.
You mean Catholic, much different than Christianity
Not really. Very different from evangelism, though. Too little old testament emphasis for the fundies.
Na, the Catholic Church cherry picks... That’s why it’s a religion you know man made and all.
They all cherry pick. The Catholics happen to be on the right side of religious fundie extremism at the moment.

Last edited:
I never said I hate Catholics. If anything, I feel sorry for them.

Perhaps you don't, but there is certainly a handful of comments in this thread that can't be seen as hateful towards Catholics. Why do you feel sorry for Catholics?
Because they are lost. The result of deliberate deception by the Catholic church. Think about it. The Catholic church teaches that you must confess your sins to a priest. The Bible teaches that Jesus is our High Priest, and the only intercessor between God and man. Shoot, the Catholic Church used to demand that we pay them money in order to have our sins forgiven. One of many examples of their false teachings.

I think most Catholics would disagree with your assessment that they are lost. The Catholic Church has a 2,000 year history and admittedly, it isn't all great, but for the most part they have been a force of good in this world.
Not in the least, The Catholic church preaches that you can bypass salvation through Christ. That you can buy your way out of purgatory, that you must confess your sins to some fucked up self-righteous dude, that the sacraments become blood and flesh,The list goes on. Just look up Martin Luther and what the Catholic Church did to him.

The term "Christian" predates any Protestant fragmentation of the "universal" church by well over a millennium. There is no Christian denomination that studies the Bible that does not accept many aspects of Catholic teaching, of course. Anyone attempting to foment pointless division is working on behalf of an agenda that is most certainly not Christian.

Catholics are, of course, Christian.
Not in the least, Martin Luther exposed the Catholic Church for what they are

I am glad my Catholic parents cherry-picked the Bible when they didn't stone my stubborn and rebellious ass at the town gates. lol

Get it through your thick skull,The Catholic Church is a remnant of the Roman Empire.
Rome fell over 1500 years ago. The remnant must be pretty damn strong, having kept Christianity alive for so long afterwards.
Not really. Very different from evangelism, though. Too little old testament emphasis for the fundies.
Na, the Catholic Church cherry picks... That’s why it’s a religion you know man made and all.
You still haven't told us what religion you are. From your comments here, you align pretty well with the fundie southern baptist convention. Am I right? I guess you could be an atheist though, but then why would you hate
They all cherry pick. The Catholics happen to be on the right side of religious fundie extremism at the moment.
First of all I don’t hate anybody, and I do pray for my enemies.
Reformed, I guess you can call it Calvinism.
Sola scriptura - Wikipedia

You still haven't told us what religion you are. From your comments here, you align pretty well with the fundie southern baptist convention. Am I right? I guess you could be an atheist though, but then why would you hate
No cherry picking here...Sola scriptura - Wikipedia

Perhaps you don't, but there is certainly a handful of comments in this thread that can't be seen as hateful towards Catholics. Why do you feel sorry for Catholics?

Catholics are no better or worse then other major religions. They all have elements of good in them and in many cases have done much good (and much bad). I think the current Pope is truly a good man and I'm glad to see him active. I just wish the old Celtic brand had won out over the Roman brand ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
First of all I don’t hate anybody, and I do pray for my enemies.
Reformed, I guess you can call it Calvinism.
Sola scriptura - Wikipedia
Ah I forgot to delete that first part. I was thinking of something else.

The Pope is not a Christian. He's a fraud.
What makes you say that?
Martin Luther - Wikipedia
Ah the Sunni/Shiite split of Christianity
No not really, the Catholic Church is its own God...

That is patently untrue, of course. Bigots will insist on falsehoods that support their hatred.

The Catholic Church is it’s own religion, that being man made...

El Pappa is WRONG.

Humans, until they receive the Holy Spirit, are the children of the devil. Not an insult, just a fact.

You become a BEGOTTEN child of God with the gift of the Holy Spirit.

All others may be God's CREATION, but they are NOT sons and daughters of God.

That's nuts.

Catholics are no better or worse then other major religions. They all have elements of good in them and in many cases have done much good (and much bad). I think the current Pope is truly a good man and I'm glad to see him active. I just wish the old Celtic brand had won out over the Roman brand ;)
Foolish child... Politically correct to the end. Lol

In the Catholic Church you have a false prophet(the pope), think there is such a thing as purgatory which is absolutely ridiculous, The belief that the sacraments actually turn into actual flesh and blood which is ridiculous, They have other books other than the Bible in worship, Statues all over in the church that are false idols, confess your sins to some fucked up self righteous dude, Priests cannot get married. this church Is what’s left of the Roman.
You're totally missing out on the point of Christianity and focusing on the trivial.
No, The Catholic Church represents the Catholic Church and only the Catholic Church, Christianity is a whole different thing
There is also the fact that the Catholic Church used to persecute Christians. I mean, just look what happened in France.

Funny. Catholicism is the reason Chrisianity exists and was spread, but it was too hard for American fundies to follow.
Sorry. No.
Catholicism was started by Simon Magus after he tried to buy an apostleship and Peter told him where to go.
That counterfeit has traveled along side the true Church of God for the last 2000 years.

The World believes it to be Christian, but it is a fraud.
Whatever feel good branch off of Catholicism you follow has no more legitimacy than Catholicism. Less, when considering that it was created because either Catholicism was just too hard, or because you wanted to pick and choose what to follow in the bible to suit your ambitions.
As is western civilization.

Catholics are, of course, Christians.
Wrong. A christian is one who obeys God. It has nothing to do with denomination. Just look at what Catholicism teaches about Salvation. That's not what Gods word teaches.

In the Catholic Church you have a false prophet(the pope), think there is such a thing as purgatory which is absolutely ridiculous, The belief that the sacraments actually turn into actual flesh and blood which is ridiculous, They have other books other than the Bible in worship, Statues all over in the church that are false idols, confess your sins to some fucked up self righteous dude, Priests cannot get married. this church Is what’s left of the Roman.
You're totally missing out on the point of Christianity and focusing on the trivial.
No, The Catholic Church represents the Catholic Church and only the Catholic Church, Christianity is a whole different thing
There is also the fact that the Catholic Church used to persecute Christians. I mean, just look what happened in France.

umh...and as I recall...it went both ways and got pretty damn bloody....

Forum List

Back