This is just one reason I have no respect for the Pope.

The term "Christian" predates any Protestant fragmentation of the "universal" church by well over a millennium. There is no Christian denomination that studies the Bible that does not accept many aspects of Catholic teaching, of course. Anyone attempting to foment pointless division is working on behalf of an agenda that is most certainly not Christian.

Catholics are, of course, Christian.
Not in the least, Martin Luther exposed the Catholic Church for what they are
You mean the anti-semitic priest, Martin Luther?
You do realize the Catholic Church was put in its place by Martin Luther and he paid a great price for it?
What Luther did is exposed the Catholic pope’s for who they were, no different then Roman emperors...

The Catholic Church is referred to as the Great Whore because she embraced pagan customs but claimed to do it "for Christ."

It is called the sin of mixtures and is strongly CONDEMNED in the Scriptures.

You shall not worship the Lord Your God as the nations around you worship their gods.
You mean....pagan customs like what we now call christmas? and the pagan custom we now call easter?
Pagan customs have nothing to do with the birth and resurrection of Christ most people learn that in elementary/Sunday school

The Catholic Church is referred to as the Great Whore because she embraced pagan customs but claimed to do it "for Christ."

You shall not worship the Lord Your God as the nations around you worship their gods.
You mean....pagan customs like what we now call christmas? and the pagan custom we now call easter?
Yes. Among other things.

Read Two Babylons if you care.

I am glad my Catholic parents cherry-picked the Bible when they didn't stone my stubborn and rebellious ass at the town gates. lol
That's Old Testament, you fool. Christianity does not teach stoning anymore. It's all about forgiveness and redemption.

The Old Testament isn't apart of the Bible, twat face?
Of course it is, but being a follower of Christ is lifetime endeavor as is studying Gods word(the whole bible) It may be a Christian thing that you may not understand...
I'm curious. By your statement, it seems that you are implying that Salvation is the result of good works. Salvation is something that happens the moment we accept Christ as our Savior. The good works are simply the outward sign of an inward change. Do you agree?
Salvation has nothing to do with works of any sort, Works are a natural result of living by faith. Salvation is on God’s terms so we are to receive salvation, accepting Christ as our savior makes it on our terms. Which there is no such thing as spiritual free will so that makes accepting the wrong term to use.

You don't respect the pope because you're just a nasty piece of trash..Your religion is a tool to push your hatred for other people and nothing more.

I am glad my Catholic parents cherry-picked the Bible when they didn't stone my stubborn and rebellious ass at the town gates. lol
That's Old Testament, you fool. Christianity does not teach stoning anymore. It's all about forgiveness and redemption.

Of course it is, but being a follower of Christ is lifetime endeavor as is studying Gods word(the whole bible) It may be a Christian thing that you may not understand...
I'm curious. By your statement, it seems that you are implying that Salvation is the result of good works. Salvation is something that happens the moment we accept Christ as our Savior. The good works are simply the outward sign of an inward change. Do you agree?
Salvation has nothing to do with works of any sort, Works are a natural result of living by faith. Salvation is on God’s terms so we are to receive salvation, accepting Christ as our savior makes it on our terms. Which there is no such thing as spiritual free will so that makes accepting the wrong term to use.
Am I missing something here? I thought accepting Christ as our Savior was Gods terms? Could you elaborate?

Am I missing something here? I thought accepting Christ as our Savior was Gods terms? Could you elaborate?
The word accepting makes it on our terms, there is no such thing as spiritual free will. So how can we do anything without predestination? Is God not sovereign?

The word accepting makes it on our terms, there is no such thing as spiritual free will. So how can we do anything without predestination? Is God not sovereign?
I believe you are mistaken, since accepting Christ is an act of surrender. It is the act of denying yourself and making Christ Lord of you life. Also, there is no such thing as predestination. We have free will. Some people get confused because God knows what will happen. This is not predestination. It is foreknowledge. God simply knows what choice we will make before we make it. But the choice is still ours.

I believe you are mistaken, since accepting Christ is an act of surrender. It is the act of denying yourself and making Christ Lord of you life. Also, there is no such thing as predestination. We have free will. Some people get confused because God knows what will happen. This is not predestination. It is foreknowledge. God simply knows what choice we will make before we make it. But the choice is still ours.
Replace the word accepting with receiving it is more accurate. Because it always has been and always will be on God’s terms.
There is such a thing as free will, but there is no such thing as spiritual free will...
If there was God would not be sovereign.
17+ Verses that Support Predestination & The Doctrine of Election
58 Bible verses about Predestination

No one has a choice otherwise God would not be sovereign...

Last edited:
Replace the word accepting with receiving it more accurate. Because it always has been and always will be on God’s terms.
There is such a thing as free will, but there is no such thing as spiritual free will...

If what you say is true, then Adam and Eve had no choice but to sin. If that were the case, then God had no business condemning them, along with the rest of the human race. The choice was theirs. No predestination involved. Once again, God knew what choice they would make, but the choice was still theirs. And that is why the world is the way it is. Because they sinned against God.

Replace the word accepting with receiving it more accurate. Because it always has been and always will be on God’s terms.

If what you say is true, then Adam and Eve had no choice but to sin. If that were the case, then God had no business condemning them, along with the rest of the human race. The choice was theirs. No predestination involved. Once again, God knew what choice they would make, but the choice was still theirs. And that is why the world is the way it is. Because they sinned against God.
Well, God’s ways are not our ways, we will never fully understand them. We can do no right in God’s eyes that is a given. God uses all things for his purposes even sin.
Time and space does not apply to God,

Well, God’s ways are not our ways, we will never fully understand them. We can do no right in God’s eyes that is a given. God uses all things for his purposes even sin.
Peruse this. This is what I believe. I think it makes more sense than God deciding who does or does not make it to Heaven.

How Can Salvation by Grace Involve Free Will? - Greg Boyd - ReKnew

Peruse this. This is what I believe. I think it makes more sense than God deciding who does or does not make it to Heaven.

It still comes down to one fact... What does sovereign mean?

It means what means, but it does not negate free will.

Well, Yes there is free will, but there is no such thing as spiritual free will...

You don’t believe in the elect?

27 Bible verses about Elect

Well, Yes there is free will, but there is no such thing as spiritual free will...

Did you read the article I posted? God does not decide who will be saved. That would negate free will. When someone rejects Christ, it is an act of will. When someone is saved, it is also an act of will. Both are called by the Holy Spirit. The only difference is that one of them hears and repents.

Many people hear the call of God which comes through His revelation of Himself through two things—the creation and the conscience within us. But only the "few" will respond because they are the ones who are truly hearing. Jesus said many times, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear” (Matthew 11:15; Mark 4:9; Luke 8:8, 14:35). The point is that everyone has ears, but only a few are listening and responding. Not everyone who hears the gospel receives it but only the "few" who have ears to hear. The "many" hear, but there is no interest or there is outright antagonism toward God. Many are called or invited into the kingdom, but none are able to come on their own. God must draw the hearts of those who come; otherwise they will not (John 6:44).

Did you read the article I posted? God does not decide who will be saved. That would negate free will. When someone rejects Christ, it is an act of will. When someone is saved, it is also an act of will. Both are called by the Holy Spirit. The only difference is that one of them hears and repents.

Many people hear the call of God which comes through His revelation of Himself through two things—the creation and the conscience within us. But only the "few" will respond because they are the ones who are truly hearing. Jesus said many times, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear” (Matthew 11:15; Mark 4:9; Luke 8:8, 14:35). The point is that everyone has ears, but only a few are listening and responding. Not everyone who hears the gospel receives it but only the "few" who have ears to hear. The "many" hear, but there is no interest or there is outright antagonism toward God. Many are called or invited into the kingdom, but none are able to come on their own. God must draw the hearts of those who come; otherwise they will not (John 6:44).
That where we have to agree to disagree, There is no such thing as spiritual free will. The way I look at it if it was up to me on my salvation I would have screwed it up every time.
God chose me I certainly did not choose him, he would not be Sovern if it was up to me for my salvation.
I have been set free when the world has lost its grip on me...

The elect are not self chosen...

Catholic hating is so last century.

I think that it is ridiculous that so many people who call themselves "Christians" entirely skip over the Sermon on the Mount, the most singular part of what has come down through history as the thoughts of Jesus and no other (and I'm not even including the Gnostic Gospels).
Salvation is through Christ only, the pope and his Catholic Church have nothing to do with it

I have my own thoughts on the subject. I have my complaints about the Roman Catholic Church, and I was raised Catholic, but at least it makes some effort to follow Jesus' teachings and they don't go around preaching stupidity like the cadre of mostly white, male protestant bible-thumpers currently trying to make trouble for us all here in the U.S., making the outrageous claim that they speak for the Supreme Being, which they describe as a nasty little man.

At least this Pope is on the right track. Muslim migrants are the "sons and daughters of God," entitled to dignity and respect.

(a). EVERYTHING the Catholic Church teaches is based on Scripture. Spend a little while on websites featuring Catholic apologetics and you will see this is true. That includes Purgatory, the Blessed Mother, the Holy Eucharist, forgiveness of sins,...all of it.

(b). The Catholic Church also recognizes the validity of "Tradition." The teachings of the early Fathers, who knew Christ, the Apostles, and who did their best to discern the meaning of Scripture. "Sola Scriptura" is asinine. How do you suppose the early Fathers decided which of the dozens of purportedly inspired works would be included in the Bible? Were they not inspired by the Holy Spirit? If you deny that, then the whole Bible falls apart.

(c) An interesting question (though the answer is quite easy) is whether Mormons are "Christians." How could they not be? Their official name is the Church of Jesus Christ...[of Latter Day Saints]. And yet, many of their core beliefs directly contradict the teachings of Christ. They are POLYTHEISTIC, for Christ sake! In fact, they believe that each one of them can BECOME A GOD! Not a saint, or an angel, or be saved - they can BECOME A GOD!
'
Christian?

Not hardly.

(d). For perspective, over a period of about 350 years, the Catholic Church executed about 3-5 thousand "heretics" (etc). About an hour's worth of the Battle of Gettysburg. And because of this period in the history of Catholicism, they are compared with the Nazi's, Mao's Red China, Pol Pot, etc. To those who constantly bring this up, I say, "Get a fucking grip."

Forum List

Back