This is Our New Speaker of the Nevada State Assembly

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow, I have a feeling this new Republican majority in the state legislature will be short lived.

While members of the GOP caucus talked about a united front, they selected as speaker a legislator who is one of the most contentious public officials in the state. Hansen doesn’t like blacks, gays, Israel, many Republicans, and most Nevadans—he once wrote that newcomers to the state, who constitute four of every five Nevadans, should accept Nevada as it is or leave.

Also in 1997: “Today, when Army men look at women in the ranks with ’longing in their eyes’ it very well may constitute ’sexual harassment.’ The truth is, women do not belong in the Army or Navy or Marine Corps, except in certain limited fields.”

Hansen tends to use the term “Negro” and often does not capitalize it. In one column, he described Washoe Republican Sen. Maurice Washington (whom he supported) as black but in the same column called President Obama (whom he opposes) a “negro”—lower case.

In 1996 Hansen blamed Sparks High School tuberculosis cases on immigrants but cited no evidence of such linkage. “Sparks High is now an ’At Risk’ school, a polite way of saying it has a very high minority population,” he wrote. Actually, the at-riskterm refers to a school with a high probability of dropouts and academic failures.

Hansen seems to define men who abuse boys as homosexual, though the scholarship says that most abuse is committed by heterosexuals. He also seems to consider gays to be deviant by definition.

“Considering only about 2 percent of adult males are homosexuals, the numbers show why homosexuals have been historically regarded as such a threat. Male homosexuals are grossly disproportionate in child molestation cases, and the youth orientation of male homosexuality drives this trend.”

Reno News Review - On paper - News - Local Stories - November 20 2014

I wonder he isn't railing against the sins of gambling, prostitution, gluttony, and avarice? It's what makes his state such a tourist destination. lol

I wonder he isn't railing against the sins of gambling, prostitution, gluttony, and avarice? It's what makes his state such a tourist destination. lol

I'm sure that's where the money is flowing in from.

Nevada has some of the most entertaining politics in the country, We have Sharon Angle, Harry Reid and now Ira Hansen, plus some other crazy/interesting characters whose names I don't remember.
Nevada is known for it's entertainment and it doesn't stop at Las Vegas or Reno.:dunno:

Last edited:

I'm sure that's where the money is flowing in from.

No doubt. It's the reason I go to Las Vegas, save prostitution. I was just there last April for some gambling and drinking hedonism. Viva Las Vegas!

Nevada has some of the most entertaining politics in the country, We have Sharon Angle, Harry Reid and now Ira Hansen, plus some other crazy/interesting characters whose name I don't remember.
Nevada is known for it's entertainment and it doesn't stop at Las Vegas or Reno.:dunno:

Carson City is where you'll find the real entertainment.

Nevada has some of the most entertaining politics in the country, We have Sharon Angle, Harry Reid and now Ira Hansen, plus some other crazy/interesting characters whose name I don't remember.

I've never been to the northern part of the state, just Clark County, where I live, and Pahrump.

I've never been to the northern part of the state, just Clark County, where I live, and Pahrump.

My goal is to visit every state capital. 40/50 isn't too bad thus far. It's the only reason I went to Carson City but as it turns out I really enjoyed myself.

Wow, I have a feeling this new Republican majority in the state legislature will be short lived.

While members of the GOP caucus talked about a united front, they selected as speaker a legislator who is one of the most contentious public officials in the state. Hansen doesn’t like blacks, gays, Israel, many Republicans, and most Nevadans—he once wrote that newcomers to the state, who constitute four of every five Nevadans, should accept Nevada as it is or leave.

Also in 1997: “Today, when Army men look at women in the ranks with ’longing in their eyes’ it very well may constitute ’sexual harassment.’ The truth is, women do not belong in the Army or Navy or Marine Corps, except in certain limited fields.”

Hansen tends to use the term “Negro” and often does not capitalize it. In one column, he described Washoe Republican Sen. Maurice Washington (whom he supported) as black but in the same column called President Obama (whom he opposes) a “negro”—lower case.

In 1996 Hansen blamed Sparks High School tuberculosis cases on immigrants but cited no evidence of such linkage. “Sparks High is now an ’At Risk’ school, a polite way of saying it has a very high minority population,” he wrote. Actually, the at-riskterm refers to a school with a high probability of dropouts and academic failures.

Hansen seems to define men who abuse boys as homosexual, though the scholarship says that most abuse is committed by heterosexuals. He also seems to consider gays to be deviant by definition.

“Considering only about 2 percent of adult males are homosexuals, the numbers show why homosexuals have been historically regarded as such a threat. Male homosexuals are grossly disproportionate in child molestation cases, and the youth orientation of male homosexuality drives this trend.”

Baloney, Ira Hansen is considered a moderate, to the chagrin of some that thought he was more conservative and voted for him. I know him, he is a plumber, even looks somewhat like Joe the Plumber with shaved head. There has indeed been racism in politics. There is post I put up about murderous political racism today, you are barking up the wrong tree. The tree exists, but you just might be it. Is Ferguson A False Flag Operation To Generate Riots And Racism - AUN-TV watch both videos and you be exposed to facts that can not be denied.

As a journalist that worked 15 miles away from Reno once famously said, "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story" Mark Twain

Reno News Review - On paper - News - Local Stories - November 20 2014

When I get fed up with my own States BS then I will just have to take a peek at Nevada BS.

I expect excellent updates.

Since when does "negro" need to be capitalized? Wtf wrote that?!

Here's a bit about Hansen from Wiki with links

Hansen was born in Reno, Nevada. He is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is married to Alexis with 8 children. He works as a plumbing contractor. He was a talk radio host on station KKOH in Reno for five years as well. He was fired due to outrage over comments he made to the effect that the United States should not have such a strong relationship with Israel.[1]

Hansen was also a columnist for the Sparks Tribune from 1994 through 2010. As a columnist for the Sparks Tribune, Hansen has written that the Oklahoma City bombing was a false flag operation, that women do not belong in the United States Armed Forces, that he owns a Confederate battle flag, that gays are disproportionally prone to engaging in child abuse, and that the relationship between African Americans and the Democratic Partyis that of a "master-slave relationship with the benevolent master knowing what’s best for his simple minded darkies."[2]

On November 7, 2014, Nevada Assembly Republicans named Hansen as their candidate for the chamber's next speaker.[2]

One of the reasons he was selected is because the vast majority of active politicians in Nevada are Mormons - including Dingy Harry. He is simply espousing the beliefs of a vast number of rural Nevadans. I think we was selected to counter the leftist influences of Las Vegas and Reno. The rural states have always complained of the undue apportion of revenues.

As for me? Go ahead and laugh. This is nothing but a loud signal that Dingy Harry's political machine is running rough and he is going to face an amazingly rough race in 2016.

Reid used the word "Negro" in connection with Obama and no one said a word.
I doubt the guy will run for president but in his state he might be a winner. He clearly isnt a racist--he campaigned for the black candidate.

Negro is a proper noun, thus it's capitalized.

The guy is a plumber I doubt grammar and usage are uppermost in his mind.

No, "negro" is a generic noun which does not need to be capitalized. It sometimes is as a matter of political correctness, although those who do not concern themselves with such matters do not.

No, "negro" is a generic noun which does not need to be capitalized. It sometimes is as a matter of political correctness, although those who do not concern themselves with such matters do not.

Well according to Project MUSE, it's a proper noun.
Project MUSE - The Capitalization of i Black i and i Native American i
Also: Merriam-Webster.
Negro
2 ENTRIES FOUND:

Forum List

Back