this is proof of God?

No kidding. A god... an exact date, you claim.

So where did the gods publish this exact date?

Good question. Strange that their deity omitted to publish the date for the 2nd coming. ;)

The Mayans were cool. At least they had the decency put an expiration date on their ancient story.
December 21, 2012
pcheck.png

Mark the fucking calender and move on.

I don't know which is the better scam...

"Keep The Faith! I'll be back to get you all for a fantastic afterlife someday!"
or
"Keep The Faith! I'll make sure you have enough style in the afterlife to pull off having seventy-two wives, all of 'em HOT!!"

As far as anyone actually knows, life is on a timer, with a distinct beginning, an unavoidable end, and a limited number of waking hours between in which to experience it. Life's too short to pretend that there's an afterlife just 'cause there are ancient stories that explain the unexplainable with 'God'.

`

The choice between being master of this one life or enslaving yourself to a mythical father figure in the vain expectation of a better life is a no brainer in my opinion. What is puzzling is that so many opt for the latter when it is based on nothing but a vague promise that can only be collected after it is too late to do anything about when it turns out to be false.

Good question. Strange that their deity omitted to publish the date for the 2nd coming. ;)

The Mayans were cool. At least they had the decency put an expiration date on their ancient story.
December 21, 2012
pcheck.png

"Keep The Faith! I'll be back to get you all for a fantastic afterlife someday!"
or
"Keep The Faith! I'll make sure you have enough style in the afterlife to pull off having seventy-two wives, all of 'em HOT!!"

As far as anyone actually knows, life is on a timer, with a distinct beginning, an unavoidable end, and a limited number of waking hours between in which to experience it. Life's too short to pretend that there's an afterlife just 'cause there are ancient stories that explain the unexplainable with 'God'.

`

The choice between being master of this one life or enslaving yourself to a mythical father figure in the vain expectation of a better life is a no brainer in my opinion. What is puzzling is that so many opt for the latter when it is based on nothing but a vague promise that can only be collected after it is too late to do anything about when it turns out to be false.

That's the entire point of the promise!

The idea of someone refusing to be a good and moral person unless they know in advance of the reward is like a person who refuses to run a race because they don't know who will win.

or

`

The idea of someone refusing to be a good and moral person unless they know in advance of the reward is like a person who refuses to run a race because they don't know who will win.

Your analogy makes no sense since the religion already stipulates that the reward will be an afterlife to those who enslave themselves. Furthermore it is fallacious to assume that those who chose not to embrace a particular religion are bad and immoral.

I can give you two proofs of God. One is that fact life exists and man cannot create it. The second and even more profound is the continued existance of the Jews. They should have been wipped out centuries ago and yet as in accordance with the Bible they will never cease to exist. God gave His word

I found this in someones profile.
I thought I would de-bunk it.
Scientists Create First Self-Replicating Synthetic Life | Wired Science | Wired.com

And as far as the Jews, well that is not proof.

Can someone put more proof?

Weird, though, faith doesnt require proof. Thats why it is faith
:eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• $Jesus.jpg
    $Jesus.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Your analogy makes no sense since the religion already stipulates that the reward will be an afterlife to those who enslave themselves. Furthermore it is fallacious to assume that those who chose not to embrace a particular religion are bad and immoral.

I think it's more basic than that even... :dunno: Why is YOUR ancient story more plausible than Achmeds?

If God is, doesn't it make sense that She's way bigger than ALL of the ancient stories, let alone any one of them?

How many religions are CERTAIN that everyone else is going to hell? What evidence gives this ancient story credibility over that one?

I think it's more basic than that even... :dunno: Why is YOUR ancient story more plausible than Achmeds?

If God is, doesn't it make sense that She's way bigger than ALL of the ancient stories, let alone any one of them?

How many religions are CERTAIN that everyone else is going to hell? What evidence gives this ancient story credibility over that one?

I wasn't sure where exactly you were going with that so thanks for the clarification. We are both on the same page. :)

I can give you two proofs of God. One is that fact life exists and man cannot create it. The second and even more profound is the continued existance of the Jews. They should have been wipped out centuries ago and yet as in accordance with the Bible they will never cease to exist. God gave His word

Scientists Create First Self-Replicating Synthetic Life | Wired Science | Wired.com

Hi TNH: I find that the issue is people don't believe all people believe in the same God.
Either the atheists or agnostics don't believe what they believe or know comes from the same God that the Jewish and Christian believe in. Or the Jewish and Christian don't believe the Muslims are worshipping the same God, or if the atheists or Buddhists worship science or the world or other things instead of God. etc. etc.

the three things I work on to establish a consensus on the meaning of God (and also Jesus)
1. agreeing on definitions and terms that are associated or represented by God/Jesus
2. proving/understanding that FORGIVENESS allows people of different views or backgrounds to reconcile even though their viewpoints and language remain distinct
and they will not necessarily "convert" to the other person's system
3. actually applying #1 and #2 to real life reconciliation between people of different political and religious groups, first in communications and relations, and also in real life peacemaking and collaborative problem solving to put that into action, not just words

I believe all 3 level are necessary to establish a consensus on God
* agreeing on terms so people can communicate across different cultural beliefs/groups
* agreeing how to resolve conflicts and relations by forgiveness and correction
* applying these to real world applications so the meaning of God's will and unity in Christ bring peace and justice to all humanity is made real, where there is PHYSICAL proof of the healing power

Hi TNH: I find that the issue is people don't believe all people believe in the same God.
Either the atheists or agnostics don't believe what they believe or know comes from the same God that the Jewish and Christian believe in. Or the Jewish and Christian don't believe the Muslims are worshipping the same God, or if the atheists or Buddhists worship science or the world or other things instead of God. etc. etc.

the three things I work on to establish a consensus on the meaning of God (and also Jesus)
1. agreeing on definitions and terms that are associated or represented by God/Jesus
2. proving/understanding that FORGIVENESS allows people of different views or backgrounds to reconcile even though their viewpoints and language remain distinct
3. actually applying #1 and #2 to real life reconciliation between people of different political and religious groups, first in communications and relations, and also in real life peacemaking and collaborative problem solving to put that into action, not just words

* agreeing on terms so people can communicate across different cultural beliefs/groups
* applying these to real world applications so the meaning of God's will and unity in Christ bring peace and justice to all humanity is made real, where there is PHYSICAL proof of the healing power

Intriguing. Do you have such proof?

Look into how the Catholic church verifies a miracle sometime.

Documented physical medical evidence is not the same thing as selfserving miracles.

Documented physical medical evidence is not the same thing as selfserving miracles.

I suggested that you look into the process, not that you declare yourself an expert from afar.

Are you claiming that the process of verifying a "miracle" is not self serving? FYI the process is little more than declaring that something that currently doesn't have a scientific explanation to be a "miracle". How many "miracles" are rescinded after a scientific explanation is subsequently discovered?

There was a "beginning". An ultimate point of time where the universe, earth was created. God is not a created Being but an Eternal being. He always was, is and will be. He exists outside of creation and time. He created the Heavens and Earth. The Giant Smoking gun is us and nature and creation right under our very noses. If that isn't "proof of God", what is?

Forum List

Back