This is soooo cool!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
I'm generally not one to gloat, but I'm sorry, this is very cool and I'm excited about it:

I checked my mailbox today and found a check for $25 from USC-Aiken. Turns out there was a cash prize along with that fourth place award for the story they published in Broken Ink! So, I am now officially (sort of) a professional, paid writer! I know it sounds like nothing, but it's really exciting for me. Today was a good day.:D

Hey thats not nothing....thats a BIG something!

WAY cool!

Congrats!:clap: :beer: :bow2: :banana: :thewave:

Since everyone's talking about beer, I got a question. Anyone ever had Rolling Rock? I'm thinking about splurging on some high-dollar beer tonight (yes, that's high-dollar for me), and I wanna know if it's good.

I have been on a few dates w/ Rolling Rock beer ...

Needless to say I don't drink beer anymore cause of my toilet won't allow me to drink it any longer ~ :alco: :coffee3: :puke3:

Rolling Rock is a good beer but why not shell out just 2 or 3 more bucks for some Becks?

Because 2 or 3 more bucks ='s 2 or 3 meals in my world, buddy! Truthfully, I'm just really cheap. In fact, while I talk big about getting some Rolling Rock, I'll probably just end up with Nat Light as usual. Also, the more money I spend on beer is the less money I can spend once I go out (though it's good to have friends who come from rich families, because once they get a few in them, they start throwing their cash around big-time:D ).

Also, I think we may have already discussed this, but am I the only one who thinks Mexican beer sucks? Corona and Dos Equis not only suck bad, but they're expensive as hell. I'd drink Beast before a Corona probably. Well, maybe not Beast.;)

Congrats Dan! I didn't see this until today! Sandy is right, $25 more than what we have! want to contribute towards the "Bail out Sandy/Janeen weekend"? :D

Congrats....Why not just go out and buy Kahlua's new drink Mudslide...That's what I'm drinking tonight..All by myself anyone want to join me??:alco:

If I could, i would join you Jmarie! haha! get your ass up here when Sandy comes!

Why not just go out and buy Kahlua's new drink Mudslide...That's what I'm drinking tonight..

Yeah, I would, but I'm, y'know, straight. The only mudslides Im involved in is after I eat at Taco Bell, thank you!:p:

Originally posted by Dan
Yeah, I would, but I'm, y'know, straight. The only mudslides Im involved in is after I eat at Taco Bell, thank you!:p:
Well Dan God I hope you are straight...and no that's not what I'm doing...:p: and if i was i wasn't going to tell you...:cof:

Forum List

Back