This is the hill we must be willing to die on...

oh i agree 100% that this is no way to run a gov'ment. but trump shoulda thought of that when there was a bipartison agreement to keep the gov'ment going... that is until some rw whackjobs whispered in donny's ear & he couldn't take the heat.
The last agreement that meant anything was a year ago, and nothing since has been worth shit, imo. These continuing resolutions are unconscionable. It is past time they stopped kicking the can down the road. It's not like it's a big surprise the deadline is approaching. They are being lazy. Sticking their nose into too many committee investigations, pretending to be big whigs.

paul ryan had a bipartison immigration reform bill ready to go & he refused to allow it on the floor for a vote 'as long as obama was prez'.... this coulda been settled years ago.

'Sticking their nose into too many committee investigations, pretending to be big whigs.'

who is?
ALL OF THEM. No, I don't agree with all the investigations the Dems are promising as soon as they take the House.

If the Republicans have got an immigration reform bill sitting around somewhere, they should bring it out and get started talking to the Dems about some middle ground. This cannot in good conscience continue to go on and on year after year. I'm furious at all of them, Playtime. This is not good service to our country.

when the (R)s had the majority on all `the investigations... much info wasn't gathered. they let donny jr go without answering many of the (D)s questions... such as who it was that the blocked phone number called just b4 the trump tower meeting belonged to... roger stone & steve bannon refused to answer qustions & left with out (D)s questions being asked & answered.

the (D)s are actually going to do their jobs & find out the truth. why would you accept anything less? & if... IF anyone conspired with a foreign adversarial nation that fucked with our democratic process to duly & freely elect our leaders by the true will of the people... why would you let it slide?

we deserve better.
I thought that was why we had Robert Mueller?
Why must Congress investigate the same things as the Special Counsel?

not even close to same thing ..

oh i agree 100% that this is no way to run a gov'ment. but trump shoulda thought of that when there was a bipartison agreement to keep the gov'ment going... that is until some rw whackjobs whispered in donny's ear & he couldn't take the heat.
The last agreement that meant anything was a year ago, and nothing since has been worth shit, imo. These continuing resolutions are unconscionable. It is past time they stopped kicking the can down the road. It's not like it's a big surprise the deadline is approaching. They are being lazy. Sticking their nose into too many committee investigations, pretending to be big whigs.

paul ryan had a bipartison immigration reform bill ready to go & he refused to allow it on the floor for a vote 'as long as obama was prez'.... this coulda been settled years ago.

'Sticking their nose into too many committee investigations, pretending to be big whigs.'

who is?
ALL OF THEM. No, I don't agree with all the investigations the Dems are promising as soon as they take the House.

If the Republicans have got an immigration reform bill sitting around somewhere, they should bring it out and get started talking to the Dems about some middle ground. This cannot in good conscience continue to go on and on year after year. I'm furious at all of them, Playtime. This is not good service to our country.

when the (R)s had the majority on all `the investigations... much info wasn't gathered. they let donny jr go without answering many of the (D)s questions... such as who it was that the blocked phone number called just b4 the trump tower meeting belonged to... roger stone & steve bannon refused to answer qustions & left with out (D)s questions being asked & answered.

the (D)s are actually going to do their jobs & find out the truth. why would you accept anything less? & if... IF anyone conspired with a foreign adversarial nation that fucked with our democratic process to duly & freely elect our leaders by the true will of the people... why would you let it slide?

we deserve better.

because that is their job. it's called oversight & there can't be checks & balances when there is no oversight. btw... all the transcripts of testimony gathered when the (R)s were the majority is still sitting in limbo. NOTHING was ever sent over to the special counsel to possibly enlighten them to intel they might not have been aware of. adam shiff will be doing that... for the sake of transparency. AND as long as classified testimony won't be compromised, the hearings they intend to hold will be public. i think that is fantastic to have some actual transparency because we deserve to know.

Trump is so senile he cant remember this ..

can he ..

Duh.....it was his shutdown until Nancy claimed he didn't have enough House votes....he did. Now the bill is sitting in the Senate in-box....so now it's Chuck's shutdown again...write that down so you can remember it. :eusa_eh:

There will be some little wooden fence somewhere and they'll call it a victory.

Just watch.

pexels-photo-113726.jpeg

This is with about 1.4 Billion in funding.............if you watch carefully.......it has other details that the left could actually use against Trump...........I'm amazed they haven't seen it.................

Hardly a wooden fence............and the priority plan they have published is hardly a wooden fence.........At least you are civil with that troll post...........or mocking jay post..............

The Truth is in that video..............for those who really want CIVIL DISCUSSION about the issue.............You have an entire thread on being CIVIL...............while your post is not crude or rude...........it's a left upper cut to those who believe in the wall..............Now why don't you learn for a change and stop being part of the problem by pointing out the truth.
:abgg2q.jpg:

illegal border crossings, and arrests are at a 10 year low - there IS NO EMERGENCY WALL NEEDED.

the civil truth - yer welcome.

But....but.....murderers! Rapists!

can he ..

Duh.....it was his shutdown until Nancy claimed he didn't have enough House votes....he did. Now the bill is sitting in the Senate in-box....so now it's Chuck's shutdown again...write that down so you can remember it. :eusa_eh:

Too funny

It is Trump holding the Government hostage

Saying .....It is the Democrats fault because they won’t do what I tell them does not cut it

...if Trump loses this battle for the wall, he loses all credibility, and will not be re-elected in 2020.

We must support him on this, even if it means the federal government is shut down for many months.

If Trump signs "temporary funding" bills that don't include funding for a wall, that's a surrender so he can't agree to that.

I'm afraid the Democrats will be equally determined, because they've staked everything on their opposition to the wall, and if they back down, they lose all credibility.

I don't see how a compromise is possible.

Trump is going to lose his re-election bid anyway. Especially if the government is shut down for months. Republicans will be destroyed in 2020.

can he ..

uh huh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

lick Trumps ass so you can remember it

...if Trump loses this battle for the wall, he loses all credibility, and will not be re-elected in 2020.

We must support him on this, even if it means the federal government is shut down for many months.

If Trump signs "temporary funding" bills that don't include funding for a wall, that's a surrender so he can't agree to that.

I'm afraid the Democrats will be equally determined, because they've staked everything on their opposition to the wall, and if they back down, they lose all credibility.

'Staked everything'? Trump stupidly raised the stakes himself.......just as he was about to lose leverage.

Trump has painted himself into a corner. He has no one to blame but himself and his own incompetence.
So this game that the Democrats/left are playing with the American's lives today, just goes on and on eh ?? I mean re-read your own post here. It's just a game for y'all.

"He's painted himself into a corner", like checkmate eh ??

Well all games have winners and losers right ?? Trump 2020 will show how bad he's played his hand for y'all, and ohhhhhhh let the crying and whaling begin when he wins the presidency once more. The horror's ohhhhhhh the horror's, and why are all those celebrities still living here ?? I thought they were getting the heck out of here when Trump won in 2016 ?? LOL.

You are the one who will be whining and crying. Moderates and independents are deserting Trump.

trumps still sounding out words on the first page of a book titled "Art of the Deal"

He has already lost all credibility among all who are not to blind to see the havoc and incompetence. That being said, I will tell you exactly what will and will not happen with the idiotic wall.

1. He is not going to get a solid barrier the entire length of the border That is impractical and possibly undoable in the mountainous terrain. And what do you do about the Rio Grand? Put the wall in the middle?

It is not the best way to shore up security and pretty much all experts agree on that

2 He will get some money to improve the existing barriers and for enhanced electronic security technology and additional personnel which is also what the Democrats want.

3. He will be able to convince his supporters the he won and got what they wanted because that are -for the most part just that stupid. Hell he may even convince himself.

4. He will continue to blame the Dems for the shutdown even though his lies and misinformation will be obvious and painfully embarrassing

uh huh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

lick Trumps ass so you can remember it

Going with the "ass licking" again?....you and Gag5000 should put that one away...it's disgusting, much like yourselves. :eusa_hand:

who is?

we deserve better.

because that is their job. it's called oversight & there can't be checks & balances when there is no oversight. btw... all the transcripts of testimony gathered when the (R)s were the majority is still sitting in limbo. NOTHING was ever sent over to the special counsel to possibly enlighten them to intel they might not have been aware of. adam shiff will be doing that... for the sake of transparency. AND as long as classified testimony won't be compromised, the hearings they intend to hold will be public. i think that is fantastic to have some actual transparency because we deserve to know.
Well, personally, I would leave the oversight for issues that are not already being investigated. I think those public hearings (I've watched several) are pretty much political theatre and I highly doubt anything has been said to Congress that Mueller is unaware of. I would MUCH prefer that everyone were putting their nose to the grindstone on immigration reform and getting an actual budget passed, not another CR.
Oh well, what I say won't matter anyway.

The dems will pass two Bills on Thursday, one to fund everything left but DHS for one year, and a CR for DHS to 8Feb19, with zero funding for the wall. Trump will say "unacceptable" and we will be right back here at stalemate come Friday.
Both sides need to compromise or the partial shutdown will become permanent...

trump owns this.
Whoever refuses to negotiate owns this. Right now the dems are less willing to compromise than Trump. Bottom line, it doesn't fucking matter who "owns" this, its no way to run a government. If Trump shuts down the government for 2-years he won't lose one GOP voter.

Trump has not compromised 1 iota. Trump could have had the wall in return for a DACA fix earlier this year. He turned that down. He can't win with just GOP voters. He needs independents as well and he is losing them especially women.

Die on that hill?

Hmm.

You first.

The dems will pass two Bills on Thursday, one to fund everything left but DHS for one year, and a CR for DHS to 8Feb19, with zero funding for the wall. Trump will say "unacceptable" and we will be right back here at stalemate come Friday.
Both sides need to compromise or the partial shutdown will become permanent...

trump owns this.
Whoever refuses to negotiate owns this. Right now the dems are less willing to compromise than Trump. Bottom line, it doesn't fucking matter who "owns" this, its no way to run a government. If Trump shuts down the government for 2-years he won't lose one GOP voter.

Trump has not compromised 1 iota. Trump could have had the wall in return for a DACA fix earlier this year. He turned that down. He can't win with just GOP voters. He needs independents as well and he is losing them especially women.
I’m sure you hang out with dozens of Independents.

I actually wonder how a Liberal defines an Independent.

trumps still sounding out words on the first page of a book titled "Art of the Deal"

The guy who actually wrote it provided an advance copy to Trump

The only comment Trump provided was that he needed to make TRUMP bigger on the cover

Forum List

Back