This is the hill we must be willing to die on...

...if Trump loses this battle for the wall, he loses all credibility, and will not be re-elected in 2020.

We must support him on this, even if it means the federal government is shut down for many months.

If Trump signs "temporary funding" bills that don't include funding for a wall, that's a surrender so he can't agree to that.

I'm afraid the Democrats will be equally determined, because they've staked everything on their opposition to the wall, and if they back down, they lose all credibility.

I don't see how a compromise is possible.
Very true

Trump has painted himself into a corner and Dems are not going to offer a way out.
Even if they did, Trump offering concessions on DACA or immigration reform will enrage his base
So you think the DACA folks will start getting sent home in March? Bad, bad move there.
DACA are protected temporarily by the courts.........They lose that protection in SCOTUS........well yes they can be deported.

Try it and see how much support you lose. Even Joe Arpaio has said that Americans will not stand for people being dragged out of their home by immigration officers.

This is the hill we must be willing to die on...

Kelly said Trump gave up on the wall months ago. Happy New Year!

176587.png

Trump is so senile he cant remember this ..

can he ..

Duh.....it was his shutdown until Nancy claimed he didn't have enough House votes....he did. Now the bill is sitting in the Senate in-box....so now it's Chuck's shutdown again...write that down so you can remember it. :eusa_eh:

Too funny

It is Trump holding the Government hostage

Saying .....It is the Democrats fault because they won’t do what I tell them does not cut it

Naw, it's the dems holding us hostage. So they can engage in human trafficking.

...if Trump loses this battle for the wall, he loses all credibility, and will not be re-elected in 2020.

We must support him on this, even if it means the federal government is shut down for many months.

If Trump signs "temporary funding" bills that don't include funding for a wall, that's a surrender so he can't agree to that.

I'm afraid the Democrats will be equally determined, because they've staked everything on their opposition to the wall, and if they back down, they lose all credibility.

The Libs can and will easily back down on this.

Their base really doesn't have any other place to go.

The dems will pass two Bills on Thursday, one to fund everything left but DHS for one year, and a CR for DHS to 8Feb19, with zero funding for the wall. Trump will say "unacceptable" and we will be right back here at stalemate come Friday.
Both sides need to compromise or the partial shutdown will become permanent...

trump owns this.
Whoever refuses to negotiate owns this. Right now the dems are less willing to compromise than Trump. Bottom line, it doesn't fucking matter who "owns" this, its no way to run a government. If Trump shuts down the government for 2-years he won't lose one GOP voter.

Trump has not compromised 1 iota. Trump could have had the wall in return for a DACA fix earlier this year. He turned that down. He can't win with just GOP voters. He needs independents as well and he is losing them especially women.
I’m sure you hang out with dozens of Independents.

I actually wonder how a Liberal defines an Independent.

I know you don't. Democrats defeated approximately 22 Republications last November. Independents went heavily for Democrats. I'll let you know when I see a liberal.

can he ..

Duh.....it was his shutdown until Nancy claimed he didn't have enough House votes....he did. Now the bill is sitting in the Senate in-box....so now it's Chuck's shutdown again...write that down so you can remember it. :eusa_eh:

Too funny

Saying .....It is the Democrats fault because they won’t do what I tell them does not cut it

I thought human trafficking just involved trump golf courses and illegal immigrates.

He has already lost all credibility among all who are not to blind to see the havoc and incompetence. That being said, I will tell you exactly what will and will not happen with the idiotic wall.

1. He is not going to get a solid barrier the entire length of the border That is impractical and possibly undoable in the mountainous terrain. And what do you do about the Rio Grand? Put the wall in the middle?

It is not the best way to shore up security and pretty much all experts agree on that

2 He will get some money to improve the existing barriers and for enhanced electronic security technology and additional personnel which is also what the Democrats want.

3. He will be able to convince his supporters the he won and got what they wanted because that are -for the most part just that stupid. Hell he may even convince himself.

4. He will continue to blame the Dems for the shutdown even though his lies and misinformation will be obvious and painfully embarrassing

This thread is a testament to self delusion, dishonesty, stupidity, and mental illness.

Which makes me think that there are actually only one or two trolls posting.

can he ..

Too funny

I thought human trafficking just involved trump golf courses and illegal immigrates.

And the stuff on your hard drive.

Do you know why the left hates ICE?

Because they go after human traffickers.

And that is all the border is about. The left wants to engage in trafficking. We don't.

The Libs can and will easily back down on this.

Their base really doesn't have any other place to go.

The Democractic Party holds the cards.

The don holds words.

can he ..

Too funny

And that is all the border is about. The left wants to engage in trafficking. We don't.

Is that now what the conservative noice machine is claiming ayslum seekers are doing?

The problem that the Libs have with the Wall isn't that "it won't be effective".

The problem is that they are afraid it will be.

Also, Nancy Pelosi will definitely go to hell, because she is Catholic so there is no excuse for her not knowing that abortion is wrong.

Really?

I guess you've never read that book. I have.

I know that not only does the bible not say it's wrong, the bible gives in instructions on how to perform one.

The bible doesn't say life starts at conception. It says life starts when the first breath of air is taken through the nose.

So read the bible. Pay close attention to the book of numbers and genesis.

Pelosi isn't going to the christian hell.

Last edited:
Too funny

Is that now what the conservative noice machine is claiming ayslum seekers are doing?

Its just the facts. Various MS13 leaders who are in the Caravan have been perfectly frank with reporters who have interviewed them.

Too funny

Its just the facts. Various MS13 leaders who are in the Caravan have been perfectly frank with reporters who have interviewed them.

When did Russia make up this news for you?

Forum List

Back