This is what atheist believe? Atheist believe that nothing created everything

Solve the Riddle.
I don't see a riddle. I see confusion on your part.
The Riddle that you either did not see, or perhaps suggest is not a riddle, was at Post# 589.

Yes, I confess to a certain amount of confusion, unlike yourself and many religious people who profess to have all the answers.
You are making assumptions that just aren't true. I've addressed this a number of times. God created existence. All existence is good. You are blaming God for man's failure.
So, God created existence. I assume that God also created man as it'd be pretty hard that there be much of anything without existence.

Why does God not wish to take responsibility for man's flawed design?

Yes, I confess to a certain amount of confusion, unlike yourself and many religious people who profess to have all the answers.
I believe you are confusing my conviction with all knowing. Just because I have thought these things through and they make sense - which is the reason for my conviction - does not mean I claim to know everything. Just more than others who have not thought these things through.
I accept that you are attempting to softening your position. You don't know everything. Thanks, I agree with that while confessing the same.

Could it be said there is one thing which you know with certainty, the existence of God?
It was never my position. It was your position that I think I know it all. I just explained that I don’t know it all and why you made the error thinking I did.

Could it be said there is one thing which I know with certainty, the existence of God? 100%. I don’t see how it can be any other way. I’ve looked at it from every angle.
You didn't explain anything. Rather, you are stammering about something that I already confessed: that you don't know everything.

I apologize for again challenging your logic, but your last paragraph contains two more absolutes (the use of "100%" and "every angle"). The fact that you, "Don't see it any other way", could purely be a product of what you have already confessed: that you don't know everything.

Seriously, I wish no ill will to either you or your faith while simultaneously disliking it when some tells me I'm FOS because I don't take for certainty that which is taken on faith.

I cannot disprove God's existence (proving a negative is another one of those pesky fallacies). And you can't prove God's existence with faith - other than to yourself and others of like mind. What evidence do you have beyond hearsay?
I'm not looking to fight. I don't recall telling you that you were FOS. So I'm not sure where that came from. What I explained to you was why you thought I thought I knew everything. I've thought through this more than you have.

Somewhere along the line you must have missed my perception of God. God is no thing. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. This is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so and imbued His creation with His attributes. So the evidence is all around you. Existence is your evidence. Existence is not hearsay.
I have much to say of your contradictions, but we''ll have to play later.
Anytime. May I suggest the Bull Ring for a more one on one discussion.
I'm not familiar with the Bull Ring.

Solve the Riddle.
The Riddle that you either did not see, or perhaps suggest is not a riddle, was at Post# 589.

You are making assumptions that just aren't true. I've addressed this a number of times. God created existence. All existence is good. You are blaming God for man's failure.
Sorry, but you are running in circles.

If God created existence, then he also created the flawed species that is man. Answer each of the questions provided by the paradox that is the Riddle of Epicurus.

Specifically, what assumptions did I make that aren't true?
And have already been addressed by MLK, Maimonides and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. That you do not accept those answers makes further conversation illogical. Unless of course you need for me to repeat their answers.
I don't need your reading list anymore than you want mine.

From what I've seen of your tripping over absolutes and drawing conclusions based on conclusions, logic is not your strong point.

Solve the Riddle.

So, God created existence. I assume that God also created man as it'd be pretty hard that there be much of anything without existence.

It may be more technically accurate to say God is existence. But be that as it may be, He created our existence; the material world.

He doesn't. That's you blaming God for it. Thinking you would have done a better job. I guess in your world there would be no death, no illness, only good things. In fact, bad wouldn't even have meaning. Not sure you have thought that through but to each his own as they say.

I believe you are confusing my conviction with all knowing. Just because I have thought these things through and they make sense - which is the reason for my conviction - does not mean I claim to know everything. Just more than others who have not thought these things through.
I accept that you are attempting to softening your position. You don't know everything. Thanks, I agree with that while confessing the same.

Could it be said there is one thing which you know with certainty, the existence of God?
It was never my position. It was your position that I think I know it all. I just explained that I don’t know it all and why you made the error thinking I did.

Could it be said there is one thing which I know with certainty, the existence of God? 100%. I don’t see how it can be any other way. I’ve looked at it from every angle.
You didn't explain anything. Rather, you are stammering about something that I already confessed: that you don't know everything.

I apologize for again challenging your logic, but your last paragraph contains two more absolutes (the use of "100%" and "every angle"). The fact that you, "Don't see it any other way", could purely be a product of what you have already confessed: that you don't know everything.

Seriously, I wish no ill will to either you or your faith while simultaneously disliking it when some tells me I'm FOS because I don't take for certainty that which is taken on faith.

I cannot disprove God's existence (proving a negative is another one of those pesky fallacies). And you can't prove God's existence with faith - other than to yourself and others of like mind. What evidence do you have beyond hearsay?
I'm not looking to fight. I don't recall telling you that you were FOS. So I'm not sure where that came from. What I explained to you was why you thought I thought I knew everything. I've thought through this more than you have.

Somewhere along the line you must have missed my perception of God. God is no thing. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. This is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so and imbued His creation with His attributes. So the evidence is all around you. Existence is your evidence. Existence is not hearsay.
I have much to say of your contradictions, but we''ll have to play later.
Anytime. May I suggest the Bull Ring for a more one on one discussion.
I'm not familiar with the Bull Ring.

Solve the Riddle.

If God created existence, then he also created the flawed species that is man. Answer each of the questions provided by the paradox that is the Riddle of Epicurus.

And have already been addressed by MLK, Maimonides and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. That you do not accept those answers makes further conversation illogical. Unless of course you need for me to repeat their answers.

From what I've seen of your tripping over absolutes and drawing conclusions based on conclusions, logic is not your strong point.
My 37 years as an engineer says otherwise. ;)

Solve the Riddle.

It may be more technically accurate to say God is existence. But be that as it may be, He created our existence; the material world.

He doesn't. That's you blaming God for it. Thinking you would have done a better job. I guess in your world there would be no death, no illness, only good things. In fact, bad wouldn't even have meaning. Not sure you have thought that through but to each his own as they say.
Oh, I've thought about it and concede that the description of boring comes to mind.

But then, I'm not an omnipotent who should be able to design the thrill of a a roller coaster without subjecting small children to cancer, or a lifetime with two heads and one set of shoulders? Wow, does your God also pull the wings from flies?

Again, I point to the riddle... If God is unable to overcome evil and suffering why call him God?

Solve the Riddle.

Oh, I've thought about it and concede that the description of boring comes to mind.

But then, I'm not an omnipotent who should be able to design the thrill of a a roller coaster without subjecting small children to cancer, or a lifetime with two heads and one set of shoulders? Wow, does your God also pull the wings from flies?

Again, I point to the riddle... If God is unable to overcome evil and suffering why call him God?
I'm not sure how one designs the thrill of victory without the agony of defeat. Whatever will you do with all of those people who don't die in your world?

The answer to that riddle is that God's power is defined by accomplishing His objective, not yours. It's hella more impressive making good come from evil.

Solve the Riddle.

I would imagine that a really good engineer requires a fair amount abstract intelligence... the ability to make sense of spatial relations and forces. However, I wasn't aware that courses in logic were part of the curriculum. Logic isn't levers and gears, but rather a mode of exploration that is grammar based.

My line of work has me in contact with a fair number of bright and well educated people. It often surprises me to how many of them have poor communication skills. This seems particularly true when it comes to organizing the written word.

Solve the Riddle.

I would imagine that a really good engineer requires a fair amount abstract intelligence... the ability to make sense of spatial relations and forces. However, I wasn't aware that courses in logic were part of the curriculum. Logic isn't levers and gears, but rather a mode of exploration that is grammar based.

My line of work has me in contact with a fair number of bright and well educated people. It often surprises me to how many of them have poor communication skills. This seems particularly true when it comes to organizing the written word.
I've never met an engineer who wasn't logical. It's sort of a requirement for the job.

Writing is a talent but like almost all talents, it can be developed. Same for communication skills.

Solve the Riddle.

I'm not sure how one designs the thrill of victory without the agony of defeat. Whatever will you do with all of those people who don't die in your world?

The answer to that riddle is that God's power is defined by accomplishing His objective, not yours. It's hella more impressive making good come from evil.
What a crock of shit. You are playing word games, again.

Why should it be impressive that an omnipotent be able to derive good from evil that the omnipotent created? You make it sound as if we are here for your God's amusement.

Last edited:
Solve the Riddle.

I've never met an engineer who wasn't logical. It's sort of a requirement for the job.

Writing is a talent but like almost all talents, it can be developed. Same for communication skills.
In other words, you didn't go to school to develop your engineering skills?

Surely, most talents can be taught... so what? You don't seem to appreciate that aptitudes vary. Neither do you appear to even understand what logic is.

Solve the Riddle.

Why should it be impressive that an omnipotent be able derive good from evil that the omnipotent created? You make it sound as if we are here for your God's amusement.
We are here to glorify God and share in His existence. Some are appreciative of their opportunity and some aren't.

Solve the Riddle.

In other words, you didn't go to school to develop your engineering skills?

Surely, most talents can be taught... so what? You don't seem to appreciate that aptitudes vary. Neither do you appear to even understand what logic is.
College isn't job training. I see it more as developing core skills while learning underlying fundamental principles on specific subjects.

Of course aptitudes vary but they aren't set in stone. Skills and talents can be developed depending upon one's willingness to put in the work.

Saying I don't understand logic and showing how my logic is flawed are two different things. ;)

Solve the Riddle.

Solve the Riddle.

Let me help. We play a round of golf, I sink a hole in one and your ball lands in the water. You're disappointed but still alive and anxious for another day, another challenge.

As for all of those dead people, that's God's problem. He made the rules. He let them die.

Solve the Riddle.

Why should it be impressive that an omnipotent be able derive good from evil that the omnipotent created? You make it sound as if we are here for your God's amusement.
We are here to glorify God and share in His existence. Some are appreciative of their opportunity and some aren't.
Don't you mean Her existence?

What about those who died before they could talk and walk. Where was their opportunity?

Solve the Riddle.

Solve the Riddle.

Let me help. We play a round of golf, I sink a hole in one and your ball lands in the water. You're disappointed but still alive and anxious for another day, another challenge.

As for all of those dead people, that's God's problem. He made the rules. He let them die.
I see it a little different. Your ball lands in the water and you curse why God didn't make it so you would never have to suffer adversity. My ball lands in the water and I ask myself what it was I was supposed to learn. Down the road you hit a hole in one and feel nothing because you expect God to have made a world where all of your shots go in the hole. I make a hole in one and am elated because I know that not all shots go in the hole and it's because not all shots go in the hole that I feel so much joy over the ones that do.

Solve the Riddle.

Don't you mean Her existence?

What about those who died before they could talk and walk. Where was their opportunity?
If it pleases you to say it that way.

Logically God contains both masculine and feminine nature. I only use He or His as a matter of literary convenience.

Forum List

Back