This is What Happened After Slavery

Not all slave masters were inhumane some were even kind; the man who wrote 12 years a slave admitted that. Human nature hasn't changed just because we no longer have slavery; there are many people in the black community who are inhumane in a way they treat other people. I'm beginning to believe that you just want somebody to hate; you should try to get over that, it's not good for you.
if memory serves about 10 percent give or take of slave owners in the south were black. Not excusing it but its something that gets overlooked.

if memory serves about 10 percent give or take of slave owners in the south were black. Not excusing it but its something that gets overlooked.
Freed blacks purchased family members basicaly giving them freedom. That is what gets overlooked. But this is about what happened after slavery.

You never know. Attitudes often change when not facing some weepy weakling cowering in the corner of a bathroom.
I wasn't cowering, but was in a hell of a position and couldn't see how I could get out of it. I was facing three black racists that wanted to kill me just because my skin was white. I'm happy with the way things turned out at least I wasn't killed or crippled.

However, your attitude makes me wonder what kind of a society you grew up in; was it a culture where the strong had a right to abuse the weak. Could adults beat children, could men beat women? In a society like that the big man beats up a little man, but then the little man comes back with a gun and gets revenge, which leads to more revenge. Is that the culture you grew up in? If not, how do you explain your attitude that an assault is a fight. An assault is not a fight it is a crime.

Do you believe calling the police is snitching?

Oh good.

THIS thread from IQ2 yet again.

1728179573855.gif

Ok. Maybe. I’ve heard he is white. He might also be female.

But if he is black, why go to black-out face?
We have one poster who claims IM2 is white. The black out face is to keep himself from being recognized. If you could research some of his posts and links on the defunct racism forum, finding his identity was easy. I can’t say any more without violating the rule on discussing moderator actions.

I wasn't cowering, but was in a hell of a position and couldn't see how I could get out of it. I was facing three black racists that wanted to kill me just because my skin was white. I'm happy with the way things turned out at least I wasn't killed or crippled.

However, your attitude makes me wonder what kind of a society you grew up in; was it a culture where the strong had a right to abuse the weak. Could adults beat children, could men beat women? In a society like that the big man beats up a little man, but then the little man comes back with a gun and gets revenge, which leads to more revenge. Is that the culture you grew up in? If not, how do you explain your attitude that an assault is a fight. An assault is not a fight it is a crime.

Do you believe calling the police is snitching?

You seem to be having feelings.

We have one poster who claims IM2 is white. The black out face is to keep himself from being recognized. If you could research some of his posts and links on the defunct racism forum, finding his identity was easy. I can’t say any more without violating the rule on discussing moderator actions.
Understood.

A silly rule. But alas. We’re stuck with it.

Understood.

A silly rule. But alas. We’re stuck with it.
Does it really matter if he's black or white? There have been people born to black families that appeared very white due to their partial white ancestry. Genetics is a very tricky thing; It's kind of like rolling dice you never can be sure what you're going to get.

As far as him being an A Hole, there are plenty of them both black and white, left and right.

After the Civil war blacks were treated by employers the same as 'free' white labor, which is really why they're all mad n shit. They were no longer a capital investment and hence not nearly as valuable. Quite a shock for them from being pampered relative to 'free' white labor.

Not all slave masters were inhumane some were even kind; the man who wrote 12 years a slave admitted that. Human nature hasn't changed just because we no longer have slavery; there are many people in the black community who are inhumane in a way they treat other people. I'm beginning to believe that you just want somebody to hate; you should try to get over that, it's not good for you.

Some hate to hear it but slaves were expensive and long term capital investments, whereas 'free' white labor was plentiful and very expendable and easily abused and replaced by more immigration. Never a shortage of peasants fleeing Ireland, England, Germany, etc. The 'Little Ice Age' wreaked havoc on European agriculture for a long time, and there was a small to nil chance of one owning their own land, especially with the enclosure movement going at a rapid pace..

Does it really matter if he's black or white?

Not to me. Does it matter to you? If so, why?
There have been people born to black families that appeared very white due to their partial white ancestry. Genetics is a very tricky thing; It's kind of like rolling dice you never can be sure what you're going to get.
So what? I still don’t give a crap abut his race. Or gender.
As far as him being an A Hole, there are plenty of them both black and white, left and right.
No shit. Again, I never suggested or believed that his color or race or whatever had fuck all to do with the fact that he’s an asshole.

After the Civil war blacks were treated by employers the same as 'free' white labor, which is really why they're all mad n shit. They were no longer a capital investment and hence not nearly as valuable. Quite a shock for them from being pampered relative to 'free' white labor.
Before the Civil War whites who did not own land or had Professional skills and were not in some kind of mercantile business, were in desperate straits. When times got bad, they watched their children starve. After the war, they could go into sharecropping and at least had enough to eat and the harder working and more clever ones even prospered.

The only real problem they had was their constant fear that blacks were going to rise up and exterminate them and take their women and children as slaves. A high percentage of confederate white war veterans suffered from what we now know as post-traumatic stress syndrome. It was a time when a large portion of the population was almost clinically insane and prone to violence which didn't help social stability.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back