This is what you get for practicing free speech.

Comic book convention bans Kevin Sorbo over friendship with Sean Hannity
Kevin Sorbo not allowed to be part of comic con convention, he foundered, because he's a friend of a Republican.
If you can keep someone out for being a Republican why can you force a Baker to bake a cake he doesn't want to?

It's going to be entertaining to watch you morons try to tie comic book conventions and Kevin Sorbo to the Constitution. Could it possibly be that the folks who run the convention think Sorbo and Hannity are assholes, and their convention doesn't allow assholes?

Yep. Just like the baker thinks gay weddings are asinine and doesn't want to play along.

I am actually sort of conflicted over that one, believe it or not.
If it's one bakery, and the gay couple winds up getting it done at the one down the street, then "OH WELL, guess that bakery down the street gets more business, right?"

But what if it's a small town and the one bakery refuses the couple, then tells all the other bakeries about it and THEY ALL decide to join in and refuse? Now the couple faces a WALL.
That ain't good, is it?

I'm not sure. If there really is such a wall, what good would laws do? If an overwhelming majority of the population chose to shun a given group of people, who is going to vote for a law stopping them? The fact is that it's not a wall, it's not an overwhelming majority. It's a vanishing minority. If they were still in the majority, we wouldn't even have gay weddings.

My point is, most people are now accepting of gays, and that's great! Hunting down the stragglers and forcing them to "play nice" just seems unnecessary.

We now have an administration in power which is preparing to do away with all the advances gays have made to date.

Kevin Sorbo not allowed to be part of comic con convention, he foundered, because he's a friend of a Republican.
If you can keep someone out for being a Republican why can you force a Baker to bake a cake he doesn't want to?

It's going to be entertaining to watch you morons try to tie comic book conventions and Kevin Sorbo to the Constitution. Could it possibly be that the folks who run the convention think Sorbo and Hannity are assholes, and their convention doesn't allow assholes?

Yep. Just like the baker thinks gay weddings are asinine and doesn't want to play along.

If it's one bakery, and the gay couple winds up getting it done at the one down the street, then "OH WELL, guess that bakery down the street gets more business, right?"

But what if it's a small town and the one bakery refuses the couple, then tells all the other bakeries about it and THEY ALL decide to join in and refuse? Now the couple faces a WALL.
That ain't good, is it?

I'm not sure. If there really is such a wall, what good would laws do? If an overwhelming majority of the population chose to shun a given group of people, who is going to vote for a law stopping them? The fact is that it's not a wall, it's not an overwhelming majority. It's a vanishing minority. If they were still in the majority, we wouldn't even have gay weddings.

My point is, most people are now accepting of gays, and that's great! Hunting down the stragglers and forcing them to "play nice" just seems unnecessary.

We now have an administration in power which is preparing to do away with all the advances gays have made to date.

The biggest "gay" advancement was to not be hung, perpetrated by Thomas Jefferson. What a progressive!

Why should you be able to fire someone just because you think they're 'dickheads'? How is that any different than the bakers refusing to service a gay wedding - something the bakers apparently found very 'dickheadish'? You might not agree with their views, I certainly don't. But I'm asking, what makes your prejudices better than someone else's?

Could be proximity to Bal'mer & Maryland's bigoted DH's from back in Mencken's days; which seems to be about the same as that equal justice for all the Christian Crusade which drugged the USA so they & Islam could form a more perfect union with a second coming thru 9/11; where any mention gets that better than anyone else super ego for banned & fired lynching enforcement.
Not a very informative retort...

Not to mention I'm suddenly quoted above as saying something I would never say.

Further proof that posting on FB against the left is not a good idea, no?

FB is leftist, to tha max. I may soon, from a cloaked IP. Zuckerberg can suck my balls!

wow, your bravery is inspiring

will you type with great ferocity?

:lol:

Indeed! Also with anonymity and no fear of repercussions, as OP has had.

Now GFY, derp faggot. I say what I want ****.

Obama should swing from a rope for being a traitor.

What's your opinion of that, del?

i already knew you were a moron, and i don't think i've been shy about expressing it.

would you like me to tell you again, moron?

Feel free! You can say whatever you wish, baby; That doesn't make it true.

Could be proximity to Bal'mer & Maryland's bigoted DH's from back in Mencken's days; which seems to be about the same as that equal justice for all the Christian Crusade which drugged the USA so they & Islam could form a more perfect union with a second coming thru 9/11; where any mention gets that better than anyone else super ego for banned & fired lynching enforcement.

He's a noob, can't handle the delicate motions....

Let it never be said you wouldn't suck a dick!

poor mm

this shit usually kills at his lunch table

Del: The guy who never had a lunch table.

Thing that killed
the whole cafeteria back in the day..was the 25-seconf burp.

glad i was able to transport you back to the pinnacle of your achievements

class clown at the state school for the terminally slow

Your best achievement was how wide your ass gaped. You won! Idgaf about the details.

Congratulations! Life goes on without you.

poor mm

Thing that killed

Your best achievement was how wide your ass gaped. You won! Idgaf about the details.

Congratulations!

you've got even less nothing than usual

maybe head back to the faux board and practice, short round.

poor mm

Thing that killed

Congratulations!

G'night cupcake. Yeah, if you're around, I'll slam you proper tomorrow.

Have a good night!

That ain't good, is it?

They won't go far, because, as I pointed out, the homophobic bigots are in a vanishing minority. And while they might get support for repealing some of the more ridiculous "advances" of discrimination law, the majority in this country will not tolerate laws stripping gays of their actual rights.

poor mm

Thing that killed

Congratulations!

G'night cupcake. Yeah, if you're around, I'll slam you proper tomorrow.

Have a good night!

declares victory and runs away

didn't see that coming

They won't go far, because, as I pointed out, the homophobic bigots are in a vanishing minority. And while they might get support for repealing some of the more ridiculous "advances" of discrimination law, the majority in this country will not tolerate laws stripping gays of their actual rights.

Every single aspect of the current tensions boils down to the willingness to make reasoned compromise, and to think "country over party". That is no longer possible with the Right, and Barry Goldwater predicted it forty years ago when the so called "Moral Majority" (which was neither moral or a majority back then) started flexing their muscles.
And don't forget, I am a liberal, so I disagreed with PLENTY of Barry Goldwater's views, but I had INFINITE RESPECT for the man, and I wish today's Republicans were more like him.

Goldwater.png

I lost my job yesterday.
I posted on a news site that even the Muslims who don't promote violence do want a world wide caliphate and their means to get it is by out breeding non-muslims.
Facebook banned me for 24 hours.
My boss fired me.
I sell car parts for a living, or I did.
Now I have to get another job that pays a living wage and explain why I was fired.
Free speech is only for the rich.

oh, and I hit up an online lawyer brokerage center with my wrongful termination suit. Not a single one has called my number or emailed me 24 hours later.
Were you working for the government? or for a private business?
I got a lawyer. He's mailing the paperwork. Big firm. Only get paid if I win or settle. Private business. Business may have a right to control how I express myself at work, but they don't have a right to control how I express myself on my own time away from work.

Forum List

Back