This is what you get for practicing free speech.

I lost my job yesterday.
I posted on a news site that even the Muslims who don't promote violence do want a world wide caliphate and their means to get it is by out breeding non-muslims.
Facebook banned me for 24 hours.
My boss fired me.
I sell car parts for a living, or I did.
Now I have to get another job that pays a living wage and explain why I was fired.
Free speech is only for the rich.

oh, and I hit up an online lawyer brokerage center with my wrongful termination suit. Not a single one has called my number or emailed me 24 hours later.
Were you working for the government? or for a private business?
I got a lawyer. He's mailing the paperwork. Big firm. Only get paid if I win or settle. Private business. Business may have a right to control how I express myself at work, but they don't have a right to control how I express myself on my own time away from work.

So, you think you have the right to force them to employ you even when they don't want to? For how long? Do they have a lifetime obligation to keep you employed, no matter what?

For the record, how do you come down on the cake baking nonsense? Do you think bakers should be forced to service gay weddings?

Last edited:
I lost my job yesterday.
I posted on a news site that even the Muslims who don't promote violence do want a world wide caliphate and their means to get it is by out breeding non-muslims.
Facebook banned me for 24 hours.
My boss fired me.
I sell car parts for a living, or I did.
Now I have to get another job that pays a living wage and explain why I was fired.
Free speech is only for the rich.

oh, and I hit up an online lawyer brokerage center with my wrongful termination suit. Not a single one has called my number or emailed me 24 hours later.
Were you working for the government? or for a private business?
I got a lawyer. He's mailing the paperwork. Big firm. Only get paid if I win or settle. Private business. Business may have a right to control how I express myself at work, but they don't have a right to control how I express myself on my own time away from work.

Well good, at least you're pursuing wrongful termination instead of whining, and despite my belief to the contrary, you may have a case.

He caused the problem and Boss fixed it... Remember the customer is always right...

Not to be argumentative, but my personal opinion is that "The customer is always right" is a terrible way to run a business. It feeds the entitlement culture and it is a race to the bottom for devaluing employees.

And some reasons it is bad (as we just witnessed with the OP)

(1)"When we run into customers that we canā€™t reel back in, our loyalty is with our employees. They have to put up with this stuff every day. Just because you buy a ticket does not give you the right to abuse our employees . . ".Gordon Bethune

(2) it means that abusive people get better treatment and conditions than nice people.

(3) ā€œthe more customers the betterā€ is whoring. Danish IT service provider ServiceGruppen...fires bad customers...not even a matter of a financial calculation ā€“ not a question of whether either company would make or lose money on that customer in the long run. It was a simple matter of respect and dignity and of treating their employees right.

(4)But arenā€™t customers always right? ā€œNo, they are not,ā€ Kelleher snaps. ā€œAnd I think thatā€™s one of the biggest betrayals of employees a boss can possibly commit. The customer is sometimes wrong. We donā€™t carry those sorts of customers. We write to them and say, ā€˜Fly somebody else. Donā€™t abuse our people.'ā€

Top 5 reasons why ā€œThe customer is Always Rightā€ is wrong

In a similar vein try this book

spolied.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3Q9BGU/?tag=ff0d01-20

He caused the problem and Boss fixed it... Remember the customer is always right...

Not to be argumentative, but my personal opinion is that "The customer is always right" is a terrible way to run a business. It feeds the entitlement culture and it is a race to the bottom for devaluing employees.

(1)"When we run into customers that we canā€™t reel back in, our loyalty is with our employees. They have to put up with this stuff every day. Just because you buy a ticket does not give you the right to abuse our employees . . ".Gordon Bethune

(2) it means that abusive people get better treatment and conditions than nice people.

(3) ā€œthe more customers the betterā€ is whoring. Danish IT service provider ServiceGruppen...fires bad customers...not even a matter of a financial calculation ā€“ not a question of whether either company would make or lose money on that customer in the long run. It was a simple matter of respect and dignity and of treating their employees right.

(4)But arenā€™t customers always right? ā€œNo, they are not,ā€ Kelleher snaps. ā€œAnd I think thatā€™s one of the biggest betrayals of employees a boss can possibly commit. The customer is sometimes wrong. We donā€™t carry those sorts of customers. We write to them and say, ā€˜Fly somebody else. Donā€™t abuse our people.'ā€

View attachment 172087

The customer IS sometimes wrong, however in the end it STILL boils down to whether or not angry customers have the power to impact your rep. If there were enough customers to impact his rep negatively for firing an employee who spewed bigotry, then that employee might get asked back and PROMOTED.

Doesn't appear to be the case.

View attachment 172087

The customer IS sometimes wrong, however in the end it STILL boils down to whether or not angry customers have the power to impact your rep. If there were enough customers to impact his rep negatively for firing an employee who spewed bigotry, then that employee might get asked back and PROMOTED.

Doesn't appear to be the case.

Oh sure. People who go into an auto parts store once every two years are going to notice a peon is gone, find each other, organize and demand an unknown little guys job back.
What a maroon.

Forum List

Back