This is Why Blacks Don't Listen to Black Sellouts

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality… I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied every thing."

Racist today

In 1860, that was the accepted view towards blacks.
You would find very few who advocated full equality for blacks.
The idea of blacks voting, being on juries and being fully equal to whites in every way was not accepted in our country until the 1960s
If Lincoln had supported intermarriage, he would have been lynched.
Blacks were elected to office in many places in the south after slavery was banned. The Democrats even tried to shoot them while in Congress.
Yes, during the few years of Reconstruction
Reconstruction was quickly replaced by Jim Crow and Jim Crow ruled for 100 years
Which political party initiated and enforced Jim Crow?

Jim Crow was a function of Southern Society most who tended to be Democrats
They also tended to be White and Baptist
Yes, racist Democrats.

Lincoln thought that Black people were inferior to White people.

Very few thought otherwise in his day.
But Lincoln thought blacks should be compensated for their labor. He thought slavery was an abomination. He was willing to stand up and say so.....not many at the time were willing to say so
Agree. Tell us, which political party did Lincoln belong to.
That has nothing to do with today.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

But Lincoln thought blacks should be compensated for their labor. He thought slavery was an abomination. He was willing to stand up and say so.....not many at the time were willing to say so
I'm giving a history lesson. You are not forced to attend.

I'm giving a history lesson. You are not forced to attend.

Not to mention ... The desire to correlate yesterday with today is at the base of their discussion.

However ... The message doesn't change, while some of the players do.
The one thing they have in common when it comes to their success in oppression is Government.

What fools like you don’t understand, it that you can’t DEMAND equality, you have to earn it each and every day by taking whatever life throws at you and overcoming it to achieve success. Equality cant and won’t be handed to you. You have to do what every other minority in the history of the USA did, spit in the eye of every person who disrespects you and prove them wrong by your own achievements in the face of adversity
It has never worked like that
Our society denied equality through both our laws and social constructs. Proving you were equal had little bearing on changing things. Blacks, Hispanics , Asians, gays all had to use protest and the courts to receive equal treatment
What about Oprah Winfrey or Morgan Freeman? Did society deny them equality through both our laws and social constructs?

@andaronjim
I bet you only talk for the black community that is uneducated in the inner cities.

Black people don't fk with Thomas Sowell. He's just a white ass kissing fool.

@andaronjim

Most of my friend who live in Baltimore and Cheverly Maryland, in the respectable neighborhoods think very highly of Thomas, while thinking pretty lowly of you race baiters.

Is that supposed to impress me ?
No, you are a white ass kissing fool, for Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. Thomas thinks for himself and his quite an intelligent fellow, while you are just a progressive slave owned by the Democrat party...

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

"In the late 1800s, depending on the city, 70% to 80% of black households were two-parent. Dr. Thomas Sowell has argued, “The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.”

The Social Security Act of 1935 created the Social Security program, state unemployment insurance, and assistance to single women with children. Today most Americans love the program. However, when the act was signed, the law was made to exclude occupations that were mainly occupied by blacks. When President Roosevelt signed the law, 65 percent of blacks in America were ineligible. So for years a majority of blacks were excluded from social security savings and could not get unemployment.

Time out! Hold up! Whoa! Let’s take a short break from the action to talk about the assistance to single women with children part of the Social Security Act. Title 4 or IV of the social security act of 1935 called for grants in aid to be provided to each stated as Aid To Dependent Children. “ For the purpose of enabling each State to furnish financial assistance, as far as practicable under the conditions in such State, to needy dependent children, there is hereby authorized to be appropriated for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1936, the sum of $24,750,000, and there is hereby authorized to be appropriated for each fiscal year thereafter a sum sufficient to carry out the purposes of this title. The sums made available under this section shall be used for making payments to States which have submitted, and had approved by the Board, State plans for aid to dependent children.”

This was welfare folks. Assistance for single moms with children without daddy at home. In 1935. Blacks were excluded. Seems that Sowell is unable to point this out and in fact this is part of long tradition of taking care of poor single parent white families.

Aid to Dependent Children or ADC (later renamed Aid to Families with Dependent Children, AFDC) was Title IV of the Social Security Act of 1935. At first it functioned mainly to provide federal grants to help the states maintain their mothers’ aid laws that had been passed in 40 states between 1910 and 1920. With the federal government providing 1/3 of costs, the program offered aid to poor parents, imagined at that time to be always female, caring for children without a husband.

The ADC plan was written by the former directors of the U.S. Children’s Bureau in the Department of Labor, Grace Abbott and Katherine Lenroot. They lobbied hard to get this program added to the Social Security bill, which was aimed at male breadwinners, reflecting the masculinist assumptions and composition of the Committee on Economic Security (CES) that wrote the bill. The Children’s Bureau’s goal was to provide aid to all children whose mothers lacked the support of a breadwinner, no matter how they got to that position.

From the time of the Childrens Bureau until 1965 no one talked about how the welfare state was wrong and subsisided the disintegration of the white family. It was seen as essential assistance needed to help women without husbands who had children. Only when the law required that others be included did the story change to how the welfare state was wrong and destructive.

As late as 1950, only 18% of black households were single parent. From 1890 to 1940, a slightly higher percentage of black adults had married than white adults. In 1938, black illegitimacy was about 11% instead of today’s 75%. In 1925, 85% of black households in New York City were two-parent. Today, the black family is a mere shadow of its past."-Walter Williams

In 1938 During this time of great black 2 parent family morality, the poverty rate for blacks was 80 percent. In 1959, it was 55 percent. These sky high rates of poverty occurred during the time these fools rant about the black 2 parent family. Today due to the " liberal welfare state breaking up the black family by giving them welfare" black poverty is half of what it was in 1959 and more than 1/3 of what it was in those grand old glorious days of the two parent black family.

Blacks afflicted with Internalized racism repeating bs from Daniel Moynihan should not be taken seriously in any discussion on matters of race in America.

Ross, C., Danziger, S. & Smolensky, E. The level and trend of poverty in the United States, 1939–1979. Demography 24, 587–600 (1987). The level and trend of poverty in the United States, 1939–1979 | Demography | Duke University Press

Table 2. Poverty Status of People by Family Relationship, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1959 to 2014, US Department of the Census, http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/data/historical/people.html
Facts!

Black Americans' biggest problem remains racism via government policies and culture from the dominant white society.
Yet you continue to vote for the very people like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer who keep you poor...Notice how you gasoline prices have gone up, sure isnt making you rich, notice how the taxes are going up, sure isnt making you rich...I used to feel sorry for the poor, but when they vote for the very people who keep them poor, i just laugh at their stupidity...
Another Blacks are too stupid to know what is good for them post? I bet you claim to not be a racist.
Yeah, these white experts on being black can't understand why they are held in such disdain.

What fools like you don’t understand, it that you can’t DEMAND equality, you have to earn it each and every day by taking whatever life throws at you and overcoming it to achieve success. Equality cant and won’t be handed to you. You have to do what every other minority in the history of the USA did, spit in the eye of every person who disrespects you and prove them wrong by your own achievements in the face of adversity
It has never worked like that
Our society denied equality through both our laws and social constructs. Proving you were equal had little bearing on changing things. Blacks, Hispanics , Asians, gays all had to use protest and the courts to receive equal treatment
What about Oprah Winfrey or Morgan Freeman? Did society deny them equality through both our laws and social constructs?
They face racism just like every other black person. There are some 47 million blacks picking 2 to try denying racism just shows how weak your argument is. If I pivk David Duke and Jared zTaylor to say how whites are racists you will whine that npt akl whites are like that shit. But you can use 1-2 blacks to represent black people.

Lincol could have compensated blacks but he didn't. Instead he paid white slave owners for each slave they lost. He wanted to move blacks out of the country. We cannot excuse this by the claim of that's how they thought then. Nat Turner gets no praise and that's how slaves thought back then.

Lincoln was one of the original Republicans
Back in the day when Republicans actually cared about people above the interests of big business.
There were 3 factions in the republican party, conservatives, moderate and the radical republicans. Only the radical republicans opposed slaverry and Lincoln was a moderate. The radicals pressed him into ending slavery. The other 2 factions helped pass the Corwin Amendment.

He would not be a republican today.

I know the facts about the filibuster rule and the FACT that escapes you is that regardless of the southern democrat fillibuster, the majority of democrats voted for the civil rights act and more democrats did than republicans. Southern republicans opposed Civil rights and the 1964 Republican presidential nominee opposed civil rights. These are FACTS that you choose to ignore in order to blame democrats for racism that has been bi-partisan.

When those like you talk about race based policy, start with the constitution. Stop pretending that race based policies began in the 1960's.

Sweetie ... You ought to know by now that I am not particularly fond of Republicans either.

If you want to beat up on me about something ... I do own a copy of Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell.
I know the works of Marx and Ingalls as well ... And own a copy of the Communist Manifesto.

Of course if you want to make the mistake that means I am a Marxist, you couldn't be more incorrect.

You really need to stop reading Sowell. He's an idiot.

I don't call people Marxists because they read Marx. I've read Marx and the manifesto too.
Interesting that an idiot would call a very intelligent person and idiot......
Sowell is an idiot. To you he's intelligent because he tells you what you want to hrar.
I had the great pleasure of taking an Economics class with Thomas Sowell at Amherst College. He was by FAR the most intelligent of any of the Economics professors that I took classes with. You hate him because he tells you something you don't want to hear!
Lefties always hate people smarter than they are. They're indoctrinated, so an educated person is a real threat. Those of us that are lifetime students and truth seekers enjoy learning. Lefties don't. Too much work.
Wrong. I have both a bachelors and masters in social science and not economics. Plus now 36 years of continuous study and research. Sowell is an economist, his views on the matters affecting blacks shows he has not done any study. Indoctrinated is you and you damn sure aren't seeking any truth. Deep study and critical evaluation are 2 things not done by the right. Simple minds like yours tries to find simple and easy answers.
Not economics? So you don't know economics and Thomas Sowell has taught it at some of the most prestigious universities in the country...but you think you know more than he does? Amusing...really... (eye roll)
Thomas Sowell is a fucking idiot. Understand? I don't give a damn where he taught, His assertions about blacks are incorrect and the only reason you defend him as opposed to those who are accurate like Michael Dyson, Jelani Cobb Lani Guinier, or the or the lady at the lady at the 1619 Project is because he says shit you want to believe about blacks. There are people who don't get paid to teach who know more than those who do. I have studied some economics but I have worked in the black community and Sowell has not. Those 3 -100 year old black survivors of Tulsa know more about these issues than me or Sowell and not one of them have a framed piece of paper hanging up on their wall.

Sowell is a dumb ass with no clue of the cause of the problems in the black community. Neither do you. Single parent families are not it. Now I showed you where welfare in the form of payments to single women with children existed for at least 55 years before blacks got benefits and these were the same times that the two idiots in the OP described as when the black family was supposed to be so great. I showed you that poverty in the black community was 2-3 times higher and that in fact crime is lower now than in those same great days those 2 idiots were talking about.

You cannot provide evidence that disputes any of it. So yes, I have shown that I know more than Sowell, which really is not that hard.
So you're admitting that you still want the white man to be your master and pay for your housing, clothing, food, medical expenses and general welfare and you'll vote for whoever he tells you to. Sounds like you're still a slave.
No, that's you trying to gaslight. We want the same assistance from the government whites have been given over tje years.

I know the facts about the filibuster rule and the FACT that escapes you is that regardless of the southern democrat fillibuster, the majority of democrats voted for the civil rights act and more democrats did than republicans. Southern republicans opposed Civil rights and the 1964 Republican presidential nominee opposed civil rights. These are FACTS that you choose to ignore in order to blame democrats for racism that has been bi-partisan.

When those like you talk about race based policy, start with the constitution. Stop pretending that race based policies began in the 1960's.

Sweetie ... You ought to know by now that I am not particularly fond of Republicans either.

If you want to beat up on me about something ... I do own a copy of Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell.
I know the works of Marx and Ingalls as well ... And own a copy of the Communist Manifesto.

Of course if you want to make the mistake that means I am a Marxist, you couldn't be more incorrect.

I don't call people Marxists because they read Marx. I've read Marx and the manifesto too.
Sowell is an idiot. To you he's intelligent because he tells you what you want to hrar.
I had the great pleasure of taking an Economics class with Thomas Sowell at Amherst College. He was by FAR the most intelligent of any of the Economics professors that I took classes with. You hate him because he tells you something you don't want to hear!
Lefties always hate people smarter than they are. They're indoctrinated, so an educated person is a real threat. Those of us that are lifetime students and truth seekers enjoy learning. Lefties don't. Too much work.
Wrong. I have both a bachelors and masters in social science and not economics. Plus now 36 years of continuous study and research. Sowell is an economist, his views on the matters affecting blacks shows he has not done any study. Indoctrinated is you and you damn sure aren't seeking any truth. Deep study and critical evaluation are 2 things not done by the right. Simple minds like yours tries to find simple and easy answers.
Not economics? So you don't know economics and Thomas Sowell has taught it at some of the most prestigious universities in the country...but you think you know more than he does? Amusing...really... (eye roll)
Thomas Sowell is a fucking idiot. Understand? I don't give a damn where he taught, His assertions about blacks are incorrect and the only reason you defend him as opposed to those who are accurate like Michael Dyson, Jelani Cobb Lani Guinier, or the or the lady at the lady at the 1619 Project is because he says shit you want to believe about blacks. There are people who don't get paid to teach who know more than those who do. I have studied some economics but I have worked in the black community and Sowell has not. Those 3 -100 year old black survivors of Tulsa know more about these issues than me or Sowell and not one of them have a framed piece of paper hanging up on their wall.

Sowell is a dumb ass with no clue of the cause of the problems in the black community. Neither do you. Single parent families are not it. Now I showed you where welfare in the form of payments to single women with children existed for at least 55 years before blacks got benefits and these were the same times that the two idiots in the OP described as when the black family was supposed to be so great. I showed you that poverty in the black community was 2-3 times higher and that in fact crime is lower now than in those same great days those 2 idiots were talking about.

You cannot provide evidence that disputes any of it. So yes, I have shown that I know more than Sowell, which really is not that hard.
So you're admitting that you still want the white man to be your master and pay for your housing, clothing, food, medical expenses and general welfare and you'll vote for whoever he tells you to. Sounds like you're still a slave.
No, that's you trying to gaslight. We want the same assistance from the government whites have been given over tje years.
Blacks per person have received more government assistance than anyone ever in this country.

Blacks per person have received more government assistance than anyone ever in this country.
No we have not. That's a lie you racists tell yourselves when in fact it has been whites who have and continue to be given ,massive government hamdouts.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality… I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied every thing."

Racist today

The idea of blacks voting, being on juries and being fully equal to whites in every way was not accepted in our country until the 1960s
Blacks were elected to office in many places in the south after slavery was banned. The Democrats even tried to shoot them while in Congress.
Reconstruction was quickly replaced by Jim Crow and Jim Crow ruled for 100 years

Yes, racist Democrats.
That same south is republican today.

Racist today

Yes, racist Democrats.
And there are no Jim Crow laws because of Republicans. You lose again. Dumb ass.

Racist today

Yes, racist Democrats.
And there are no Jim Crow laws because of Republicans. You lose again. Dumb ass.
No, there are no Jim Crow laws because the majority who were democrats voted against them. In the Plessy decision that made Jim Crow national, 4 out of the 7 votes in favor of separate but equal were republican.

Racist today

Yes, racist Democrats.
No, there are no Jim Crow laws because the majority who were democrats voted against them. In the Plessy decision that made Jim Crow national, 4 out of the 7 votes in favor of separate but equal were republican.
Bullshit. Next thing you'll tell me is the KKK wasn't initiated by the Democrat party.

Racist today

Yes, racist Democrats.
Bullshit. Next thing you'll tell me is the KKK wasn't initiated by the Democrat party.
The voting record is available.

HR. 7152, Senate vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Jun 19, 1964 HR. 7152. PASSAGE. -- Senate Vote #409 -- Jun 19, 1964

H.R. 7152. Civil Rights Act of 1964. Adoption of a resolution (h. Res. 789) providing for house approval of the bill as amended by the Senate, Jul 2, 1964 H.R. 7152. CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964. ADOPTION OF A ... -- House Vote #182 -- Jul 2, 1964.

TO PASS S. 1564, THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965, May 26, 1965, TO PASS S. 1564, THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965. -- Senate Vote #78 -- May 26, 1965 .

TO PASS H.R. 6400, THE 1965 VOTING RIGHTS ACT, Jul 9, 1965, TO PASS H.R. 6400, THE 1965 VOTING RIGHTS ACT. -- House Vote #87 -- Jul 9, 1965 .
So are the opinions of the justices in plessy v ferguson as well as the political party of eac justice.

You republicans make this disingenuous argument every fucking day. Todays republican party defends the confederacy then tries telling blacks how democrats were for slavery and started the KKK. Now c'mon, do you racists actually believe we are that fucking stupid?

Racist today

Yes, racist Democrats.
The voting record is available.

HR. 7152, Senate vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Jun 19, 1964 HR. 7152. PASSAGE. -- Senate Vote #409 -- Jun 19, 1964

H.R. 7152. Civil Rights Act of 1964. Adoption of a resolution (h. Res. 789) providing for house approval of the bill as amended by the Senate, Jul 2, 1964 H.R. 7152. CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964. ADOPTION OF A ... -- House Vote #182 -- Jul 2, 1964.

TO PASS S. 1564, THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965, May 26, 1965, TO PASS S. 1564, THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965. -- Senate Vote #78 -- May 26, 1965 .

TO PASS H.R. 6400, THE 1965 VOTING RIGHTS ACT, Jul 9, 1965, TO PASS H.R. 6400, THE 1965 VOTING RIGHTS ACT. -- House Vote #87 -- Jul 9, 1965 .
So are the opinions of the justices in plessy v ferguson as well as the political party of eac justice.

You republicans make this disingenuous argument every fucking day. Todays republican party defends the confederacy then tries telling blacks how democrats were for slavery and started the KKK. Now c'mon, do you racists actually believe we are that fucking stupid?
Check out your links and you'll find that a larger percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act than Democrats. Democrats opposed the Amendments giving ex slaves equal rights. It's a fact that the KKK was founded by the Democrat party. You're a liar.

Forum List

Back