This is why I am here, why are you here-? (just asking)

I'd really like to step in
and help my jewish brothers and sisters
but I think I will sit this one out
predictable surprises and all

What makes you think they need help?
Let's find out.

As evasive as ever.
Not at all. I am being true to my word of sitting this one out. We will find out together whether allies are important or not. But putting that aside, I find it funny that you of all people would accuse someone of being evasive.

Let's find out.

As evasive as ever.
Not at all. I am being true to my word of sitting this one out. We will find out together whether allies are important or not. But putting that aside, I find it funny that you of all people would accuse someone of being evasive.

I'm not accusing you of anything.

I'm not evasive. I'm just not literal.

Let's find out.

As evasive as ever.

You mean besides accusing me of being evasive?

You have been so evasive in our past discussions that I am surprised that your picture is not next to the definition in the dictionary.

Let's find out.

As evasive as ever.

You have been so evasive in our past discussions that I am surprised that your picture is not next to the definition in the dictionary.

What you are really saying is, I don't say what you want, or expect me to say.

Let's find out.

As evasive as ever.

No. More like when you make a statement like you are on a different path and I ask you what path you are on and you say you don't know.

As evasive as ever.

No. More like when you make a statement like you are on a different path and I ask you what path you are on and you say you don't know.

Well, I don't.

I don't even know which one you are on.

Well, I don't.

My point then is the same as it is now... if you don't know which path you are on how do you know it is a different path, but I really don't feel like rehashing it now.

Well, I don't.

My point then is the same as it is now... if you don't know which path you are on how do you know it is a different path, but I really don't feel like rehashing it now.

You did it again.

Israel does not target innocent civilians as policy

I provided nineteen (19) accounts of the IDF picking out and murdering children. Many more have been murdered since those articles came out.

That my friend spells out a "policy"

I provided nineteen (19) accounts of the IDF picking out and murdering children. Many more have been murdered since those articles came out.

no--your very first example does not show the kid was directly targeted
you have 0 knowledge on wars/conflicts
civilians get indiscriminately killed all the time in wars/etc
there are also errors/etc---the military sometimes kills their OWN troops

ventually both were hit - Mummahad four times. Jamal al-Durrah survived but was also critically wounded.
both were hit
caught in Israeli-Palestinian cross-fire near Netzarim in the Gaza Strip.
The deputy army chief of staff, Major-General Moshe Yaalon, called the boy's death "heartrending", but accused the Palestinians of making "cynical use" of children in clashes with Israeli troops.
This was a grave incident, an event we are all sorry about," he told Israeli radio.
Israel did apologize!!!!!
BBC News | MIDDLE EAST | Israel 'sorry' for killing boy
no--- they did not directly target the kid
your examples are worthless

leaflets urging the population to leave but only a few hundred did so. Later in the day, British heavy bombers attacked the city to slow the flow of German reinforcements; 800 civilians were killed in the first 48 hours of the invasion.
etc etc times thousands
Battle for Caen - Wikipedia

I see the problem---you don't even know the definition of policy
pol·i·cy1
ˈpäləsē/
noun
  1. a course or principle of action adopted or proposed by a government, party, business, or individual

I see the problem---you don't even know the definition of policy
pol·i·cy1
ˈpäləsē/
noun
  1. a course or principle of action adopted or proposed by a government, party, business, or individual
I just realized that you are Jewish.

Are all Jews atheists like you?

This is the biggest reason I am here; but there are others

Why are you here-?
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

Do you agree that this act could bring about peace in the middle east?
God commanded Moses and Joshua to kick the Arabs out of Israel.
Which version of the Torah are you reading?

This is the biggest reason I am here; but there are others

Why are you here-?
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

Do you agree that this act could bring about peace in the middle east?
Is that really what God said or is that what your people interpreted God's command to be to make themselves feel better about it?

God made no such commandment. But I admit Moses was a murderer and the followers of Moses celebrate the killing (murder) annually.

I do not support nor do I look up to Moses who was a murderer

MOSES KILLS (FIRST BIBLICALLY RECORDED MURDER)

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled (exodus) from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.

No wait I take that back, Moses's murder was not the first-------------.

The first murder's took place on the night of passover where the Israelites were warned in advance and told to mark their door so the slayer would pass them on by.

Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?

(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

The eight-day festival of Passover is celebrated in the early spring, from the 15th through the 22nd of the Hebrew month of Nissan,

God made no such commandment. But I admit Moses was a murderer and the followers of Moses celebrate the killing (murder) annually.

I do not support nor do I look up to Moses who was a murderer

MOSES KILLS (FIRST BIBLICALLY RECORDED MURDER)

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled (exodus) from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.

No wait I take that back, Moses's murder was not the first-------------.

The first murder's took place on the night of passover where the Israelites were warned in advance and told to mark their door so the slayer would pass them on by.

Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?

(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

The eight-day festival of Passover is celebrated in the early spring, from the 15th through the 22nd of the Hebrew month of Nissan,

Have you not read the account of Cain and Abel? Cain was the first murderer recorded in the Bible.

Genesis 4:1-16
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
9 And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother’s keeper?
10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;
12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Another mistake is that when Moses killed the Egyptian it occurred in Exodus chapter 2. How do you get that the events of Exodus 12 came before Exodus 2? It wasn't until after Moses was called of God that God slew all the firstborn of the Egyptians during the passover. In Exodus 2 when Moses slays the Egyptian, he had not yet been called of God.

Forum List

Back