This Is Why The NRA Opposes ANY Anti-Gun Legislation...

That has nothing to do with the crime rate. Broken windows policing is what brought it down, something DiBlasio wants to end.

Interesting claim. Fact is they are doing much better than places with lots of concealed carry. The claim of that lowering crime seems to be proven wrong again.

How many crimes on average are committed by CCW holders anywhere?

How many criminals arm up when there is more ccw?

How many do so anyway in places they know the people are likely unarmed and vulnerable?
Based on statistics it is clear our criminals arms up more than in other countries with fewer guns.

And you lie again......Britain banned guns.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Bump stocks and accuracy are not ever used together. Try to hit something accurately with full auto... good luck. Lol
It's full auto, try to miss something while on full auto.
On full auto the only “accurate” shot is your first shot... That’s why they call it suppression fire. Go to the range sometime and ask to shoot Full auto see how “accurate” you are. Lol

Their low crime rate has nothing to do with their gun control....and everything to do with the Guiliani crime fighting techniques..which they are getting rid of........so their crime rate is about to sky rocket....

Yet the crime rate is still going down.

Yeah...no. They are dismantling the very system that has kept crime low in New York......

How many do so anyway in places they know the people are likely unarmed and vulnerable?
Based on statistics it is clear our criminals arms up more than in other countries with fewer guns.

So you are blaming the victims then?

I'm giving you facts.

no, you are giving me unlinked suppositions.

Should we compare gun violence with other countries then?

Yeah...gun crime in Britain is going up...our gun crime rate is going down....

Literally, you have a 99.995% chance of never having a gun used to kill you.

To put this gun scare into a real perspective we should look at some hard numbers.

In the last year that they have reliable numbers, there were 11,583 people murdered by a gun, this was in 2015. A high number, to be sure. It shouldn’t have to be said, but there are those who will change the conversation if you don’t say it. Even one death by a gun is too many, but life is a dangerous proposition. We should strive to reduce needless deaths, but we also have to be mature about that and realize that we cannot eliminate every possibility, particularly if we also love living in a free society.

I went to the U.S. Census website and procured these numbers and I’ll post a link if you care to look for yourself.

The number is always climbing so this number is based on the date of 6-Oct-17 at 4:30 pm.

The number of people in the United States is 326,030,760. If you click the link you will see categories in the statistics. In the “Age and Sex” category, they break the population down by age.

Since we don’t permit people under the age of 18 to own guns I subtracted out underage citizens by taking the percent of the category and removing it from the total population. That means for Ages 5 and under (6.2% of the population) I subtracted 20,213,907 and for the category of Ages under 18 (22.8%) I subtracted 74,335,013. This leaves us a population over the age of 18 of 231,481,840.

In 2015 (the last year of good numbers) we had 11,583 gun homicides. If you divide that number by the population over 18, you end up with a 0.005% chance of being murdered by a gun in this country. Of course, your odds increase if you live in high crime cities like Chicago, and they decrease if you live in rural areas like Idaho.

What does this tell us?

It tells us that in 99.995% of the time, guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are absolutely no threat to you or anyone else.

You literally have a 99.99% chance of never having a gun kill you.

Don’t believe the fear mongering.

U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts selected: UNITED STATES

On full auto the only “accurate” shot is your first shot... That’s why they call it suppression fire. Go to the range sometime and ask to shoot Full auto see how “accurate” you are. Lol

I could go to the range any day, and put a bottle at 200 yards, and given a full-auto and 100 shot clip, i'm sure i'd hit it. And i'd hit everything around it, and maybe even a a bird flying nearby.

I could go to the range any day, and put a bottle at 200 yards, and given a full-auto and 100 shot clip, i'm sure i'd hit it. And i'd hit everything around it, and maybe even a a bird flying nearby.
First of all it’s a magazine not a clip, depending on how practiced you are you might hit the bottle with your first shot.
Don’t count on hitting it after that. Lol

Literally, you have a 99.995% chance of never having a gun used to kill you.

To put this gun scare into a real perspective we should look at some hard numbers.

In the last year that they have reliable numbers, there were 11,583 people murdered by a gun, this was in 2015. A high number, to be sure. It shouldn’t have to be said, but there are those who will change the conversation if you don’t say it. Even one death by a gun is too many, but life is a dangerous proposition. We should strive to reduce needless deaths, but we also have to be mature about that and realize that we cannot eliminate every possibility, particularly if we also love living in a free society.

I went to the U.S. Census website and procured these numbers and I’ll post a link if you care to look for yourself.

The number is always climbing so this number is based on the date of 6-Oct-17 at 4:30 pm.

The number of people in the United States is 326,030,760. If you click the link you will see categories in the statistics. In the “Age and Sex” category, they break the population down by age.

Since we don’t permit people under the age of 18 to own guns I subtracted out underage citizens by taking the percent of the category and removing it from the total population. That means for Ages 5 and under (6.2% of the population) I subtracted 20,213,907 and for the category of Ages under 18 (22.8%) I subtracted 74,335,013. This leaves us a population over the age of 18 of 231,481,840.

In 2015 (the last year of good numbers) we had 11,583 gun homicides. If you divide that number by the population over 18, you end up with a 0.005% chance of being murdered by a gun in this country. Of course, your odds increase if you live in high crime cities like Chicago, and they decrease if you live in rural areas like Idaho.

What does this tell us?

It tells us that in 99.995% of the time, guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are absolutely no threat to you or anyone else.

You literally have a 99.99% chance of never having a gun kill you.

Don’t believe the fear mongering.

U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts selected: UNITED STATES
No doubt, firearm violence is a non-issue. We have much bigger fish to fry in this country.

First of all it’s a magazine not a clip, depending on how practiced you are you might hit the bottle with your first shot.
Don’t count on hitting it after that. Lol

I'm a bad shot, so my odds of hitting it the first shot is just about zero. And goes UP with every shot after that.

As I stated in other threads, they can show their goodwill by doing things like supporting national CCW reciprocity and having NYC abandon its infringing Handgun laws.
Again, IMO, it's about FEAR and MIS-TRUST. 'Give an inch...'
Fear and mistrust. The same rationale used to justify ownership of semi-automatic weapons.
The Federal government is the real enemy
Go get 'em! They have the 82nd Airborne and you got a gun.

I"m sure you would miss it altogether at 200 yards. You would miss it most of the time at 50 feet.

As I stated in other threads, they can show their goodwill by doing things like supporting national CCW reciprocity and having NYC abandon its infringing Handgun laws.
Fear and mistrust. The same rationale used to justify ownership of semi-automatic weapons.
Only fool would think the military, police and fire would back the federal government against its own citizens to disarm america. Lol

Areas of the country with the least amount of gun control are the safest, and they have the most privately owned firearms. And the least violent crime. Fact

Like Nevada and Florida?
Like Wyoming, South Dakota North Dakota Montana… Etc.

Do any of those states have a city bigger than 80,000? You are talking empty wilderness .
My point exactly, People kill people firearms have nothing to do with it… Quit falling down the well

Only fool would think the military, police and fire would back the federal government against its own citizens to disarm america. Lol

Yeah. Not like the police have ever been known to gun down unarmed citizens .

Areas of the country with the least amount of gun control are the safest, and they have the most privately owned firearms. And the least violent crime. Fact

Like Nevada and Florida?

Do any of those states have a city bigger than 80,000? You are talking empty wilderness .
My point exactly, People kill people firearms have nothing to do with it… Quit falling down the well

Gun nuts never compare apples to apples . Like Bozeman can compare to a major city .

Like Nevada and Florida?

Gun nuts never compare apples to apples . Like Bozeman can compare to a major city .
Well, firearms outnumber people many, many times over in these areas… Hence less crime.
Quit falling down the well

Forum List

Back