This is why we need gun laws

Are you fuking confused or what?

Didn't your link say the guy wouldn't be charged?

Wtf is the problem now?

He will not be charged with a felony, but he pled guilty to a misdemeanor. Are you really this stupid?

Arizona is #5, Texas #26.

I guess the fact that Washington DC is #1 shouldn't be mentioned here. Doesn't quit fit your agenda, does it?

This is what bumps it up to No. 1:
% High school students threatened or injured by a weapon, 2003 (most recent) by state

You're saying the murder rate in DC is effected by the percentage of students "threatened or injured"???

Hmm. You might want to re-think that one.

"""Point is, people kill people, not firearms."""

And if you want to actually delve into your point, people like the easiest and fastest way to get something done because humans are lazy. That's why guns are more popular than poison, knives and rope.

Of course, 'easy and fast' could be considered efficient rather than lazy. But then, if we want to make gun owners look bad, use terms like lazy...

Of course when Americans commit murder, they tend to use a firearm. So what? Dead is dead. Being killed by a gun makes you no more dead than the hundreds of thousands killed by edged weapons in Rwanda. Makes no difference.

Delving into the point only shows that people kill, not inanimate objects. For all the firearms in America, more per capita than any other nation, we don't make the top 100 of countries by murder rate.

Again, it's the people, not the weapon.

The man should have registered his guns. He did not and he is now paying a price. I liken this to driving an unregistered car, not a big deal it is an administrative error on his part.
He gets the guns back in the end and the he may have to register those guns where he moves to.

"While investigating the case, police seized Mr. Srigley’s pistol, which he said he purchased legally in Virginia when he lived there, and close to 100 rounds of ammunition from his home. Mr. Srigley told investigators that he owned two other guns — an antique M-1 rifle and a Mossburg 12-gauge shotgun — which were in a storage space in the District.

Police also seized those guns, but authorities have agreed they will return the firearms to Mr. Srigley when he registers them in Maryland, where he plans to soon move."
D.C. man won't face gun charges for shooting pit bull attacking boy - Washington Times

Thanks for stepping up and defending statism, which makes owning an unregistered gun illegal, and then prohibits anyone from registering a gun that was not bought in a city without a gun shop.

Last edited:
The man should have registered his guns. He did not and he is now paying a price. I liken this to driving an unregistered car, not a big deal it is an administrative error on his part.
He gets the guns back in the end and the he may have to register those guns where he moves to.

"While investigating the case, police seized Mr. Srigley’s pistol, which he said he purchased legally in Virginia when he lived there, and close to 100 rounds of ammunition from his home. Mr. Srigley told investigators that he owned two other guns — an antique M-1 rifle and a Mossburg 12-gauge shotgun — which were in a storage space in the District.

Police also seized those guns, but authorities have agreed they will return the firearms to Mr. Srigley when he registers them in Maryland, where he plans to soon move."
D.C. man won't face gun charges for shooting pit bull attacking boy - Washington Times

I'm pro-2nd, and I totally agree with Connery.

It is the gun owners responsibility to understand and comply with local, state and federal gun laws...even those that are ill-conceived.

That said, this gun owner saved a child's life...$1000 is a small price to pay.

There is no human way to comply with the gun laws in DC other than not owning a weapon.

I'm pro-2nd, and I totally agree with Connery.

It is the gun owners responsibility to understand and comply with local, state and federal gun laws...even those that are ill-conceived.

That said, this gun owner saved a child's life...$1000 is a small price to pay.

There is no human way to comply with the gun laws in DC other than not owning a weapon.

Which is why it's so safe there...:eusa_whistle:

Did the man pay the 1000 fine....or did the parents of the kid he saved? If I knew every time I had to save someone and it would cost my thousands to do it...guess I wouldn't be able to save every time. I just don't have the money. So that means pick and choose?
Sad thought, that.

Thanks for stepping up and defending statism, which makes owning an unregistered gun illegal, and then prohibits anyone from registering a gun that was not bought in a city without a gun shop.

Thanks for stepping up and defending statism.

Ah yes, statism...ideas so good, they have to be mandatory.

:eusa_hand:

The gun owner had a responsibility to respect those laws that were in force at the time of the infraction, should he disagree with those laws he can seek to have them overturned. As a responsible gun owner he should have been aware of the laws and respond to them in the prescribed manner.

he should move to a free state..., like Texas or Arizona !

Wyoming as virtually no gun laws. What's the crime rate in Wyoming compared to a gun free zone like Chicago for instance?

Wyoming is #4 in the states with the highest deaths from firearms.

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 statistics - states compared - Crime data on StateMaster

Your data is from 2002.

Of course it includes all gun deaths. What I find of interest is when we look at death by gun due to murder California is NUMBER 1 in 2011 and counts 68% of ALL murders by gun in the US. Those with higher rates include Connecticut. D.C, Delaware, Nevada, Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey, etc. Wyoming had a total of 11 murders by gun for the total year of 2011.

Gun crime statistics by US state: latest data

The figures show that California had the highest number of gun murders last year - 1,790, which is 68% of all murders in the United States that year and equivalent to 3.25 per 100,000 people in the state. Big as that figure is, it's still down by 3% on the previous year. Other key findings include:

Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

Wyoming had 11 murders by gun for the total year of 2011.

Thanks for stepping up and defending statism.

Ah yes, statism...ideas so good, they have to be mandatory.

:eusa_hand:

The gun owner had a responsibility to respect those laws that were in force at the time of the infraction, should he disagree with those laws he can seek to have them overturned. As a responsible gun owner he should have been aware of the laws and respond to them in the prescribed manner.

Fortunately, for this particular story, his responsibility to the life of that child trumped his responsibility to obey laws that are designed to be impossible to follow.

It's clear, according to the gun grabbers they should have allowed the dogs to dine on the kid until the proper authorities arrived to handle the situation.

Those evil guns. Oh those vile, evil guns! So, if that were your kid being mauled by a couple of wild animals, liberals (and given your proclivity to owning a gun or others owning one), wouldn't you be wanting some way to fight them off or eliminate the imminent danger to your child?

I thought as much.

Last edited:
Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Firearm Violence, 1993-2011

May 7, 2013 NCJ 241730

Presents trends on the number and rate of fatal and nonfatal firearm violence from 1993 to 2011. The report examines incident and victim demographic characteristics of firearm violence, including the type of firearm used; victim's race, age, and sex; and incident location. The report also examines changes over time in the percentages of nonfatal firearm crimes by injury, reporting to the police, and the use of firearms in self-defense. Information on homicide was obtained primarily from the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) National Vital Statistics System. Nonfatal firearm violence data are from the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), which collects information on nonfatal crimes reported and not reported to the police against persons age 12 or older from a nationally representative sample of U.S. households.

Highlights:

Firearm-related homicides declined 39%, from 18,253 in 1993 to 11,101 in 2011.
Nonfatal firearm crimes declined 69%, from 1.5 million victimizations in 1993 to 467,300 victimizations in 2011.

Firearm violence accounted for about 70% of all homicides and less than 10% of all nonfatal violent crime from 1993 to 2011.
From 1993 to 2011, about 70% to 80% of firearm homicides and 90% of nonfatal firearm victimizations were committed with a handgun.
Males, blacks, and persons ages 18 to 24 had the highest rates of firearm homicide from 1993 to 2010.
About 61% of nonfatal firearm violence was reported to the police in 2007-11.

Forum List

Back