this is why you KILL people with knives

white black yellow green--it doesn't matter what RACE they are
this isn't a fairytale land--but a land with HUMANS who are idiots/jackasses/dangerous
Shoot me,’ Hong yells, before charging at Harrison again, grabbing him by the shoulders and appearing to reach for the officer’s gun.

Heart-stopping body cam footage shows the two Georgia police officers killing knife wielding man | Daily Mail Online

Hmm. What ever happened to tasers, rubber bullets, or even a simple baseball bat? Whatever happened to mace or a shotgun blast to the knees? Not to mention basic martial combat fighting techniques? Officers had no choice? I guar an damn tee you that give me a bat and come at me with as knife---- any knife, and you're going to get busted wide open, your arm broken and that knife knocked out of your hands before you touch me.

I guess today's cop means zero risk, zero training. Any issue at all, just shoot to kill. That way, they can give any old schmuck a badge.

I always believe in 3 warning shots in the chest.

I would put a couple in his head just to make sure.

That would be hard to justify in the inevitable post-shooting investigation. Typically not worth it unless you're arresting Lex Luthor or The Joker.

You are wrong. You are projecting. Your point is not reality. Cops are trained to aim and hit center mass. If you wish to do less damage you will be a police officer only so long as it takes your supervisor to ask for your badge. Even if you can. The police train for hours. They have to periodically qualify that they will hit center mass and keep firing until the threat is neutralized.

So it really doesn't matter what your skills are or how big and bad you are. If you cannot or will not aim for center mass and keep firing you are not law enforcement material.

They don't train with their firearms for hours. They spend more time learning how to write reports, far more, than they do on firearms training.
All the police I know train and qualify. I've gone with quite a few to practice.

Squeamish cops who cannot shoot to kill don't pass the psych eval.

Yes, training to qualify takes a few minutes. They qualify, on the good departments three times a year. Most are once per year.

Bullets ain't cheap ... and most departments don't reload.

Yeah? So? A Wrongful Death lawsuit ain't cheap either.

A police department, like any company with potential liability, runs the numbers ... potential cost of a lawsuit, potential benefit of extra training, cost of firearms, training ... then they throw the I Ching and make a financial decision.

Most departments have found a much more cost effective way. They issue policies that create very complex analysis criteria for any potential event. Any officer who doesn't follow those policies to the letter in a critical situation will be thrown under the bus so hard it will crack the pavement ... removing the city / county of liability.

It's actually pretty smart.

They don't train with their firearms for hours. They spend more time learning how to write reports, far more, than they do on firearms training.
All the police I know train and qualify. I've gone with quite a few to practice.

Yes, training to qualify takes a few minutes. They qualify, on the good departments three times a year. Most are once per year.

A police department, like any company with potential liability, runs the numbers ... potential cost of a lawsuit, potential benefit of extra training, cost of firearms, training ... then they throw the I Ching and make a financial decision.

Most departments have found a much more cost effective way. They issue policies that create very complex analysis criteria for any potential event. Any officer who doesn't follow those policies to the letter in a critical situation will be thrown under the bus so hard it will crack the pavement ... removing the city / county of liability.

Only to a point. Get two incidents in a year and a small department is screwed. Toss in the fact that good training actually exists for not a lot of money and you lose the public when those types of shootings happen.

The one result of the way those departments do their jobs is an overall decrease in the cops willingness to do the hard work, like dealing with gang bangers, thus the attention is focused on minor offences and traffic enforcement.

Only to a point. Get two incidents in a year and a small department is screwed. Toss in the fact that good training actually exists for not a lot of money and you lose the public when those types of shootings happen.

The one result of the way those departments do their jobs is an overall decrease in the cops willingness to do the hard work, like dealing with gang bangers, thus the attention is focused on minor offences and traffic enforcement.

It's a balancing act. Training for police is a compromise between what is most safe for the officer, the public, and least likely to incur a lawsuit. It's not an easy decision.

Officers in the UK and other parts of Europe spend three years in academy training (they come out with a university degree) and they don't even train in firearms.

Then there is the inevitable drain on staffing levels (can't say man-power anymore) ... every day a cop spends in training is a day he isn't on the street. Instructors are all experienced, sworn members, more instructors means fewer cops on the line.

I don't plan on ever getting high enough to have to participate in those types of choices. You couldn't pay me enough.

It's a balancing act. Training for police is a compromise between what is most safe for the officer, the public, and least likely to incur a lawsuit. It's not an easy decision.

Officers in the UK and other parts of Europe spend three years in academy training (they come out with a university degree) and they don't even train in firearms.

Then there is the inevitable drain on staffing levels (can't say man-power anymore) ... every day a cop spends in training is a day he isn't on the street. Instructors are all experienced, sworn members, more instructors means fewer cops on the line.

I don't plan on ever getting high enough to have to participate in those types of choices. You couldn't pay me enough.

That's not true of the German Police. They train extensively in firearms. A good friend of mine used to be the Chief of Police for the State of Hesse so i got to shoot with his guys and they trained very diligently, and mostly with MP5's. I don't know that much about the UK training practices though, so you may be correct with them.

That's not true of the German Police. They train extensively in firearms. A good friend of mine used to be the Chief of Police for the State of Hesse so i got to shoot with his guys and they trained very diligently, and mostly with MP5's. I don't know that much about the UK training practices though, so you may be correct with them.

That's true ... German police are armed, most Euro police are. I meant to say the British police are typically unarmed.

That's true ... German police are armed, most Euro police are. I meant to say the British police are typically unarmed.

German Police are very interesting too. You never see them till you need them. Very weird. Also as far as i know there is still no such thing as police brutality. If a person is getting so belligerent and attacking other people, the German police will wait till they determine that everyone feels the person needs a beating, and then they will do it. Usually it only takes one.

Can police learn how to throw a net over the suspect, or not? How difficult would be that technology? Where's the youtube video of the experiments? duh, netguns?

Can police learn how to throw a net over the suspect, or not? How difficult would be that technology? Where's the youtube video of the experiments? duh, netguns?

f5d886750d62f5b42e48ed5bd4554304.jpg

What would stop the guy from using his knife to cut the net up?

It would not work for a gun, the drying time for tech plastic is too long. A quick-drying liquid "net" would certainly discombobulate the suspect's movements with a knife.

a knife vs a tazer?
so you want it to be more even for the jackass criminals?
..you get one swing with the bat and if you miss you are dead

Tasers can immobilize at a considerable distance, unless you have throwing skills, knives must be used at short range.
And apparently you don't know how to use a bat. I do.
If I swing a bat at you, you're going down.
I have martial and combat training. Apparently cops do not.
And I won't even get into using nunchuckos or staffs.
Shooting that guy wasn't "necessary."
This is just our new modern lazy policing.
That guy WANTED to be killed.
  • Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Shoot upon noncompliance or first sign of danger.
  • Call for wagon to get body.
  • Mover on to next call.
I ask again, you want the criminals to have a better chance?
This guy wasn't a criminal. What law had he broken?
Cops are also constables on patrol. I bet I could have talked the guy down with no violence necessary.
I don't take life so easy.
But then I don't have fear.
Too many copes these days are young kids with no experience scared shitless on the job.
I could have taken that guy down with a hand full of salt to the eyes.

So what's your day job. professional wrestler?

No one walks around with a handful of salt and by the time you dug it out of your pocket you would have been stabbed

Idiot, you don't put salt in your pocket, you put it in a belt harness pocket with a quick release bottom-opening snap that opened, dumps the contents down into your upturned palm in a second. It is a variation on a weapon used centuries ago by warriors in feudal China. Immediately blinds and disorientates an attacker up to 15 feet away before he even knows it is coming. Like I said, police aren't even prepared to fight or subdue people these people to maintain the peace and order without pulling out the trusty firearm and blowing holes in someone's chest and killing them with blood loss and hydrostatic shock, sometimes just because they are confused, disorientated, scared or simply don't understand english!
Post a video of you throwing salt at someone 15 feet away and blinding them

Your point is not reality. If you wish to do less damage you will be a police officer only so long as it takes your supervisor to ask for your badge.
Right. So I'M out of contact with reality and a cop will get fired for taking down an assailant with a non-lethal wound that leaves him alive able to go to the hospital to stand trial. :auiqs.jpg:
Yes. That would be a violation of orders. You watch too much television. If a cop misses that leg or the suspect does not go down as expected and so much as steps on a toe the City is on the hook for as much as can be milked. The officer was negligent. The city did not adequately train the officer. The liability is enormous. They train to hit center mass and keep firing until the threat is over. Failure to follow orders is a termination.

I can understand someone being squeamish at the sight of blood or a dead body. Don't be embarrassed or anything. Law enforcement is just not for you.

Right. If a cop shoots a guy in the gut, they are going to know he deliberately aimed low to save a life and fire him. That's why they give cops all these things like billy clubs, shot guns, tasers, tear gas and all these other things, right? Because their orders are shoot to kill, even when it is entirely unneeded or unnecessary. Man, you must have one GIANT big asshole to fit your whole head up inside it! :cuckoo:
it's all over the internet with a basic search

''''even a good shot'''
[If it came down to it and two men did throw down in the street, they were frantically emptying their chambers as quickly as possible, just trying their hardest to kill the other guy first. It is not probable that a man, even a good shot, could - under the circumstances - kill another with one fatal wound/QUOTE]
Misconceptions about guns in the Wild West

Look, don't BS me, I'm a skilled shooter with many firearms and a Lifetime member and Golden Eagle of the NRA. I know how to use a gun and what a gun does. Take your bullshit elsewhere.

OK post a video of you hitting a moving target the size of a person's knee cap from 30 feet away

Idiot, you don't put salt in your pocket, you put it in a belt harness pocket with a quick release bottom-opening snap that opened, dumps the contents down into your upturned palm in a second. It is a variation on a weapon used centuries ago by warriors in feudal China. .....

:lmao: X 100000000!

On sale now at your local LARPer retail outlet store!

No, idiot school teacher, you either make it yourself or buy any common belt pocket holder for knives, etc., and simply turn it UPSIDE DOWN! Such pockets were commonly used by Ninjutsus and others. Martial art supply houses might also carry them. Let me throw some salt in your eyes and see what it does to you! :auiqs.jpg:
do you jump on tables before you tackle the bad guys, like TJ does?

Dude, you are really triggered and threatened aren't you by the mere suggestion that a pair of professionally trained and prepared police officers with the best of everything should be able to at least try to take down and render helpless a hapless assailant with a mere kitchen knife, especially one seemingly WANTING to get killed, WITHOUT needing to go straight for a head and chest shot emptying their entire magazine into him!

Poor baby.

Let's agree to disagree before your finger is all throbbing from typing trying to ridicule me. You stick with what you're comfortable with and I'll do the same. I have more respect for life. The police are far too often sent to investigate "disturbances," and end up coming away with brazen manslaughter simply because they couldn't get a person to exactly follow their commands. All or nothing. I guess you are PROUD of that. Next time let's hope it isn't somebody you know. Me, I would hope for better skills and training in my LEOs. That's all.
you're doing just fine ridiculing yourself you don't need any help from me

Youtube has the Aztec snuff flick of James Boyd being murdered. Watch the video and tell this thread that a net would not have sufficed. Some type of bolero system, drop pampas cow from 30-40 feet out, quick-drying ropey slime. While it's cutting the one net, there is always another that may be airborne. The suspect gets immobilized, even while running away. No balls nor intelligence for even experimental videos. duh

Forum List

Back