This never entered my mind

Paleman

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2019
Red state of Florida
I just learned that 80,000 Americans are living in Lebanon. Just how many more Americans are living in countries that we consider our enemies? That number could exceed a million. Should all these so-called Americans be allowed to vote in our elections? If they choose to abandon their country, why should they have the right to vote and determine which political party is in power? What say you?

I just learned that 80,000 Americans are living in Lebanon. Just how many more Americans are living in countries that we consider our enemies? That number could exceed a million. Should all these so-called Americans be allowed to vote in our elections? If they choose to abandon their country, why should they have the right to vote and determine which political party is in power? What say you?
I would have to guess that many of those came to the US from Lebanon, realize how easy it was to become an American citizen to take advantage of the benefits. But they had no intention of becoming Americans in the way that traditional immigrants have always done.

Joe Biden proves that if you are an American and get taken hostage by terrorist groups like Hamas overseas, about the only thing Joe Biden will do is chastise a country like Israel from trying to find and rescue you.

When did Lebanon become our enemy?

I would have to guess that many of those came to the US from Lebanon, realize how easy it was to become an American citizen to take advantage of the benefits. But they had no intention of becoming Americans in the way that traditional immigrants have always done.
What a profoundly stupid guess

I would have to guess that many of those came to the US from Lebanon, realize how easy it was to become an American citizen to take advantage of the benefits.

Of course, you would

1727976684851.png

Maybe they just like Lebanese finger hash and moved there so they could get it cheap. :smoke:
Judging by the few comments received it looks like they have no problem with people voting in a manner that most likely would be detrimental to our way of life. In other words, supporting the Woke Liberal, and Progressive nut cases that are ruining this once-great country. If you don't live here, you don't vote here.

I have a lot of problems with dual citizenship or making permanent residence in foreign country, as it is a failure to commit, and advantaging the system, against our system.

As we can see from the OP, if the Idiot Box tells someone that a certain country is our enemy, then by golly they're our enemy!

:rolleyes:
This is the politics of Leva
As we can see from the OP, if the Idiot Box tells someone that a certain country is our enemy, then by golly they're our enemy!

:rolleyes:
Hezbollah is the leading political party in Lebanon, which makes then an enemy country.

If they don't have residence in the US as their primary residence then NO overseas citizens other than military should be allowed to vote in US elections.

Judging by the few comments received it looks like they have no problem with people voting in a manner that most likely would be detrimental to our way of life. In other words, supporting the Woke Liberal, and Progressive nut cases that are ruining this once-great country. If you don't live here, you don't vote here.

If they are living there for a reason, say, working at an American Embassy, stationed there in the military or working for some other American contractor there, I am fine with their voting. But if they are just living there as a permanent resident, I'm not so sure they should be voting in our elections even if they still have a US citizenship.

If you are a citizen, of course you can.

Forum List

Back