This pandemic is twice as deadly as the flu? Lets take a look. Not political.

I asked you a question, and you answered with a question? I thought you knew, since you've taken the time to take a shot at him in your signature.

I'm not looking to defend the man, I was looking for a legitimate answer because I was curious and honestly don't know, save for his initial declaration of a public health emergency after 20 cases were reported, his initial request for funding 2 days later, and declaring it a national emergency six months after that.

I have no desire, on this fine morning, to go rummaging about for information that is not pertinent to what's happening today. If you can't support your signature, the portion blaming Obama for the total number of global deaths from H1N1, that's fine. I'll consider this exchange terminated.
You're trying to communicate with a person who claimed that 152 million people died from H1N1, and who lied again when confronted with that figure.

Just FYI.

:cool:
GOOGLE my sig you illiterate moron. Itll come up first in the search
Did 152 million people die from H1N1?
Yes. Learn to use google:

1. Place THIS in the google search bar;
Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated

2. Press search.

3. Results!
you said it was in the millions dumbass.
Yeah, we got it. It was corrected by me. You going to address my point now in regards to how the world dealt with that pandemic?

You know, between 150,000 and close 600,000 deaths worldwide where 80% of those that did die were under 65.

Now, when the world and obama dealt with it, they didn't cut travel off anywhere, didn't call for mass testing, didn't close borders, shut down businesses, really nothing. Other than really making us aware and also telling us to wash our hands more.

Here is one of the press conferences held by obama on the issue.

His first comments were about the economy. So, was the H1N1 really not a pandemic? It was, but I guess not as serious, even though it killed healthy younger people at an astonishingly higher rate than this one.

What do you think?

You're trying to communicate with a person who claimed that 152 million people died from H1N1, and who lied again when confronted with that figure.

Just FYI.

:cool:

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated

2. Press search.

3. Results!
Yeah, we got it. It was corrected by me. You going to address my point now in regards to how the world dealt with that pandemic?

You know, between 150,000 and close 600,000 deaths worldwide where 80% of those that did die were under 65.

Now, when the world and obama dealt with it, they didn't cut travel off anywhere, didn't call for mass testing, didn't close borders, shut down businesses, really nothing. Other than really making us aware and also telling us to wash our hands more.

His first comments were about the economy. So, was the H1N1 really not a pandemic? It was, but I guess not as serious, even though it killed healthy younger people at an astonishingly higher rate than this one.

What do you think?

I honestly do not know what to think. Never in my life time has any thing like this happened. I am sitting here with my finger up my ass with nothing to do. I can get across my city in like twenty minutes, no traffic. NO NCAA, no NBA,no spring training. From what my eyes have witnessed this thing seams over blown. That being said the NBA,NCAA and all the others would not have closed if there was not some thing to this. Billions upon billions of dollars in earnings, no one lets that go over nothing,.

2. Press search.

3. Results!

What do you think?

I honestly do not know what to think. Never in my life time has any thing like this happened. I am sitting here with my finger up my ass with nothing to do. I can get across my city in like twenty minutes, no traffic. NO NCAA, no NBA,no spring training. From what my eyes have witnessed this thing seams over blown. That being said the NBA,NCAA and all the others would not have closed if there was not some thing to this. Billions upon billions of dollars in earnings, no one lets that go over nothing,.

War of the Worlds hysteria has taken over. In a generation with 20/20 hindsight they will stand in awe of our stupidity

2. Press search.

3. Results!

What do you think?

I hear you. I am in a state of high anxiety too. Don't like people playing it down, but sometimes I am a bit relieved when I see that the numbers are relative. I posted the op about some of the facts regarding the numbers. I find that stuff brings a bit relief. Don't know about you.

It is too bad that our political discussion is so locked into our vernacular and just a part of our culture. Where, everything is politicized. Even growing cauliflower.

Garbage disposals have become political for Gods sake. So here we are, doing it here again. Shame on all of us.

Anyway, stay quarantined as long as you can. Go out and walk if you can. Stuff like that. We are all in it together. The whole world is.

COVID 19 isn't twice as deadly as the flu...its 10 times more deadly.

Top US health official says the coronavirus is 10 times 'more lethal' than the seasonal flu
That was from twelve days ago.
More complete testing is showing only a 10% infection rate among a much larger sample of people either with symptoms or possible exposure. Only 10%.
If you factor 10% against the alleged 10 times worse than flu you end up with the same rate as flu. When you consider that the fatality rate of flu is significantly more widespread than Wuhan and if you consider that Wuhan deaths are very specific among elderly and weakened, Wuhan is much more manageable.
That makes these draconian shutdown measures dramatic overreaction.

Forum List

Back