This seems like where a lot of the activity's at

Leather1969

Aug 8, 2015
And I guess that isn't too surprising. I think Donald Trump is really bringing a ton of attention to GOP primary early in the process.

And I guess that isn't too surprising. I think Donald Trump is really bringing a ton of attention to GOP primary early in the process.
But just curious, who will win GOP primary?

Very likely not Trump. Agree with him or not, but the Republican establishment is out to decapitate his campaign. His only chance would be running as an independent which would ensure a win for the Democrats.

Very likely not Trump. Agree with him or not, but the Republican establishment is out to decapitate his campaign. His only chance would be running as an independent which would ensure a win for the Democrats.

2 large questions about Trump remain.

Will Republicans which are animated by stark conservative thought going to push Trump out gently and gradually or by force and abruptly?

Will Trump be motivated enough to begin a third party/independent bid or will he sit out and just catcall everyone from the balcony?

2 large questions about Trump remain.

Will Republicans which are animated by stark conservative thought going to push Trump out gently and gradually or by force and abruptly?

Will Trump be motivated enough to begin a third party/independent bid or will he sit out and just catcall everyone from the balcony?

At this rate it looks like they will try to force him out very abruptly. He has gained a lot of traction very fast. The longer he is in the race, the longer he can divide the party.

As far as running as an independent, I wouldn't rule it out. Trump's ego drives Trump. The welfare of the Republican party, and their chances of winning seem to mean nothing to him.

You're right about the establishment, but I'm not sure about the rest. Trump is smart, at this point his outrageousness is garnering a lot of attention which he needs, but he ain't no dummy, if he moderates somewhat as the process progresses he could have a real chance. The real question is who can step up their game to mount a serious challenge against him?

You're right about the establishment, but I'm not sure about the rest. Trump is smart, at this point his outrageousness is garnering a lot of attention which he needs, but he ain't no dummy, if he moderates somewhat as the process progresses he could have a real chance. The real question is who can step up their game to mount a serious challenge against him?

I disagree that he stands a chance against the Republican establishment. We already see a trend of Trump being locked out of various Republican venues. It looks as if their strategy is to completely silence him. He has a lot of money and a lot of publicity, but it will be near impossible for him to maintain his momentum with no platform to speak.

I disagree that he stands a chance against the Republican establishment. We already see a trend of Trump being locked out of various Republican venues. It looks as if their strategy is to completely silence him. He has a lot of money and a lot of publicity, but it will be near impossible for him to maintain his momentum with no platform to speak.

What venues has he been locked out of? Also the media will give him all the publicity he needs, of course they'll do it praying for him to step on it.

What venues has he been locked out of? Also the media will give him all the publicity he needs, of course they'll do it praying for him to step on it.

He has already been excluded from the annual RedState event in Atlanta. There has even been chatter (speculation of course) that he will be dropped from future events. And this is only three days into this controversy. We have more than a year of campaigning left. And if the media does give him a platform he WILL step on it. He has shown himself to be unable to control what he says.

He has already been excluded from the annual RedState event in Atlanta. There has even been chatter (speculation of course) that he will be dropped from future events. And this is only three days into this controversy. We have more than a year of campaigning left. And if the media does give him a platform he WILL step on it. He has shown himself to be unable to control what he says.

I think you've been misinformed, this article dated yesterday says Trump will close the Redstate event.

Candidates Look to Break Through at RedState Gathering in Atlanta InsiderAdvantageGeorgia

I think you've been misinformed, this article dated yesterday says Trump will close the Redstate event.

Candidates Look to Break Through at RedState Gathering in Atlanta InsiderAdvantageGeorgia

Every article dated for today says that he was disinvited. It has been an ongoing story. Trump even responded by calling RedState's Erik Erickson a "weak and pathetic leader".

Trump shut out of conservative meeting after incendiary remarks - CSMonitor.com

Every article dated for today says that he was disinvited. It has been an ongoing story. Trump even responded by calling RedState's Erik Erickson a "weak and pathetic leader".

I saw that, my mistake and I agree with Trump, just shows how the left has pussyfied America, even republicans. Kelly started the mud slinging and now people are pissed that she got dirty in the process, give me a freaking break.

Forum List

Back