🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This should be a bipartisan issue. It should be illegal for airlines to overbook

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
If you pay for the service, you should get the service.

One should not have to get off an airplane because the AIRLINE sold your seat twice.

UTTER NONSENSE!

THE GUY SHOULD HAVE LEFT PEACEFULLY, but overbooking is bullshit.

United is Asiaphobic.

United Struggles to Extinguish Social Media Firestorm

UnitedAirlinesAP_1491909485472_3137121_ver1.0.jpg

Video shows man getting dragged off overbooked United flight

Last edited:
I thought airlines already had a policy of discounting airfares for bumpabiliity.

I dunno...but they forced 4 people off of this flight.

Personally, I would not have caused a scene, but nevertheless, Airlines should not be allowed to overbook.

It wouldn't make sense for GM to sell your car to someone else at the same time they sold it to you and then drag you out of the car you legally purchased?

I have been the lucky recipient of those offers to take a later flight. I got to fly later on to Colorado on them. Let them pay for overbooking. We don't need more federal laws and regulations.

I have been the lucky recipient of those offers to take a later flight. I got to fly later on to Colorado on them. Let them pay for overbooking. We don't need more federal laws and regulations.

Why should a company be allowed to sell the same product of value to 2 people?

I thought airlines already had a policy of discounting airfares for bumpabiliity.

I dunno...but they forced 4 people off of this flight.

Personally, I would not have caused a scene, but nevertheless, Airlines should not be allowed to overbook.

It wouldn't make sense for GM to sell your car to someone else at the same time they sold it to you and then drag you out of the car you legally purchased?
I read they offered up to a thousand dollars; how much was the flight, originally? I might take the train and party, if I had the time, with the compensation money.

Why should a company be allowed to sell the same product of value to 2 people?

It's all in the fine print when you buy your ticket. Not United's fault if you don't read it.

Are you saying the government should step in and create some laws to protect you from making uninformed decisions?

On one hand I agree, on the other hand dragging people off the flight they booked fair and square should be illegal. Once in the plane the seat is yours, period.

Let them settle these things before boarding.

I suspect this guy will have a good lawsuit.

The fine print aloows denying of boarding for a wide range of reasond, including overbookig. It only allows removal from the aircraft for some very specific reasons, none of which were present in the=at incident. UA effed up.

It's bad stuff including assault and the unreasonable use of force. Whoever authorized the incident should be arrested.

If you pay for the service, you should get the service.

One should not have to get off an airplane because the AIRLINE sold your seat twice.

UTTER NONSENSE!

THE GUY SHOULD HAVE LEFT PEACEFULLY, but overbooking is bullshit.

United is Asiaphobic.

I'm Asian and this incident had nothing to do with his race.

While I agree that overbooking is a terrible practice, realize that if it were to go away, so would refundable fares and change fees will skyrocket.

They overbook because their systems tell them that 5-10% of passengers never show up and expect refunds or revised travel arrangements.

That might be OK for you, but it might not be for someone trying to get to a very important meeting,a funeral, to see s dying loved one or to meet with a government agent for the sake of a dear relative.

Not everyone has the freedom to waste time.

A business nor anyone else should be able to sell what they do not have.

Forum List

Back