This sure wont help OBAMA. Gas prices will be over 4.00 by spring

Someday .... someday....

the personal computer was first built in what, the 60's or 70's. eveready introduced the first commercially available alkaline battery in 1959.

sounds like we need to get off our collective butts and harness the most powerful (and free) power source we have. or we can continue to send gobs of money to the people who wanna bomb us and use excuses why we can't achieve other stuff.

We could drill in ANWR and build a pipeline for Canadian oil.
And we could start that today.
More nuke plants would be a good idea as well.

i'm for all types of power (including the free kind that beats down on us each day). are you?

handjob.gif

Why are you "conservatives" so AFRAID of Progressives?

Solar hydrogen home Michael Strizki - YouTube

Who ELSE are you gonna find, to drag your LAZY, "conservative"-ASSES into the 21st Century??????

How long will it take him to recoup his investment?
Ya' can't very-well consider this experiment the Final Product. Hell....this video is (nearly) 4 years old! Components have gotten smaller/less-expensive.

That's the biggest goddamned-problem with manufacturing/industry, in the U.S., presently.....none of the "professional"-managers want to waste any cash on R&D!!!!

You sound like you'd be a great "professional"-manager.

handjob.gif

Smaller and less expensive? Excellent! So how long is it until break even for the new stuff?

the personal computer was first built in what, the 60's or 70's. eveready introduced the first commercially available alkaline battery in 1959.

sounds like we need to get off our collective butts and harness the most powerful (and free) power source we have. or we can continue to send gobs of money to the people who wanna bomb us and use excuses why we can't achieve other stuff.

Ah, yes.....Traditional energy-providers should be entitled to own our Future!!!

I'm sure you "conservatives" can find that in The Bible, somewhere.....

I guess that would be better than money losing, tax-payer subsidized companies owning our future.​

Yeah.....Right......the day "conservative"-investors become less-lazy.

handjob.gif

Quick, throw more tax dollars at money losing companies! :cuckoo:
Yeah.....we can't possibly afford to find the numerous things that don't work......before we hit....the JACKPOT!!!!!!
(aka Engineering....you stupid shit!)

eusa_doh.gif

If there is one thing Obama is good at, it's finding the things that don't work.

Liberalism....you stupid shit!

Great job FireFly. I have tried to explain to people many times how the ethanol tax break lowered gas prices at the pump. It is like talking to a wall. Actually walls are smarter. Not only do these idiots cheer paying more taxes at the pump, but they enjoy the lack of competition allowing prices to spiral. Cheering rising fuel prices on US citizens & the loss of 400,000 ethanol jobs is most un-American. At 1 million barrels per day the USA is the worlds largest ethanol producer. Ethanol has replaced 12% of our nations oil imports powering over 13 million US automobiles. Sadly that number stopped increasing & ethanol production is now in decline since Jan 1, 2012. see article below:

You'll have to explain how ending a $.54 per gallon subsidy, divided by 10 (10% ethanol), would cause a $.25 per gallon rise in prices. Please show all your work. Thanks!

Like I said in the post you replied to that answered all your ignorant questions before you even ask them. Walls are smarter than you.:cuckoo:

Math is hard, especially for liberal idiots like you.

i'm for all types of power (including the free kind that beats down on us each day). are you?

Power is great, especially when we don't throw taxpayer money at the money losing kind.

Just spent $4.02/gallon for gas.

Sucks.

LOL...I've been paying $4.39 for WEEKS now. Thankfully, I've got a Prius and it doesn't hurt too badly :D

I have a serious question. What is it with the Prius? Every third car I see on the freeway is a prius and most of them are so new they don't have plates yet. There are six brand new Priuses on my floor alone.

It begs the question of whether the Toyota dealers have any left on the floor to sell.

I pay $4.59 for gas, but I can go out of town a bit and get it for $4.39, or even $4.33 sometimes.

Is the Prius that good of a car? Really. Serious question. Does it have decent cargo space? Other than gas efficiency does the Prius have anything to recommend it over and above something else?

Who's too blame. The Obama haters will blame the President, of course, but who do other blame?

"The business and finance communities get the biggest share of the blame. Nearly one-quarter of those polled blame the oil industry most for rising gasoline prices; roughly 20 percent most blame Wall Street speculators. Politicians don't get off scot-free, however. Fourteen percent most blame the Obama administration and 9 percent blame Congress."

See full article from the CSM at this link:

Americans spread blame for high gas prices, foresee $4.75 a gallon - CSMonitor.com

$4.39 a gallon is great for a Prius owner but as a small business owner that has 3 trucks on the road every day, it's a huge hit. Can't carry scaffolding and materials to a job site in a prius, one set of frames would crush it.

Not everyone can afford to go buy a new car, I cannot afford car payments right now........I think there are a few right there with me.

Just spent $4.02/gallon for gas.

Sucks.

LOL...I've been paying $4.39 for WEEKS now. Thankfully, I've got a Prius and it doesn't hurt too badly :D

I have a serious question. What is it with the Prius? Every third car I see on the freeway is a prius and most of them are so new they don't have plates yet. There are six brand new Priuses on my floor alone.

It begs the question of whether the Toyota dealers have any left on the floor to sell.

I pay $4.59 for gas, but I can go out of town a bit and get it for $4.39, or even $4.33 sometimes.

Is the Prius that good of a car? Really. Serious question. Does it have decent cargo space? Other than gas efficiency does the Prius have anything to recommend it over and above something else?

Yes, it has decent cargo space. We've had ours since 2005 (when gas went up the first time under "the other guy") and it was our "family car" for the last five years. Our family of four took it camping (plenty of room especially when you get the roof rack, although that drops the gas mileage a bit) every year with no problems. Now I use it to commute to work (we got a Kia Sorento for the new family car).

But in the end it is the gas mileage that is the big sell. I'm only getting an average of 35 mpg, but that is because I live in the mountains. My coworker gets over 50 in hers (hers is also a newer model). She got the REALLY cool one with the solar panels on the roof.

$4.39 a gallon is great for a Prius owner but as a small business owner that has 3 trucks on the road every day, it's a huge hit. Can't carry scaffolding and materials to a job site in a prius, one set of frames would crush it.

Not everyone can afford to go buy a new car, I cannot afford car payments right now........I think there are a few right there with me.

And 90% of the people on the roads don't need to carry all that. Next time you're on the freeway, take a look at the trucks and SUVs driving down the road. How many people are riding in that gas guzzling Escalade? It's usually just one person on their way to work.

When it is time for you to purchase a new vehicle, won't you be gratified to see the increased efficiency in the vehicle you are purchasing?

Not much we can do about the price of gas, we don't set the prices...but we CAN decrease demand.

I have an SUV. I carry around a lot of art stuff which I cannot put on a roof rack. My company is toying with the idea of getting me a new car. If they make this decision, I won't be consulted. I will be given the keys and told where to pick it up. Much like the way I moved into my apartment. I can "hint". I've been hinting at a hybrid version of my SUV. Since they are environmentally concerned and I am environmentally don't give a shit, I could end up with a Prius so I was wondering what I'd be getting into.

obama is to blame, just as President Bush was hammered by the democrats, so shall it come to pass.. ya sorry sows reaps what yer sows..

and by Fall, with those kind of prices, the consumer would end up using LESS through conservation, which then would drop the price way down....consumption or less consumption by the USA will drop the price.... in July of 2008 gas prices were 4.25 cents a gallon on average, by November, through us using less, they were around $2.00 I believe?

Conservation is the only way to affect prices in the downward motion on an immediate basis.

Last edited:

And 90% of the people on the roads don't need to carry all that. Next time you're on the freeway, take a look at the trucks and SUVs driving down the road. How many people are riding in that gas guzzling Escalade? It's usually just one person on their way to work.

When it is time for you to purchase a new vehicle, won't you be gratified to see the increased efficiency in the vehicle you are purchasing?

Not much we can do about the price of gas, we don't set the prices...but we CAN decrease demand.

It's none of your business what anyone else drives.

An individual choosing to drivre a fuel efficient car rather than a guzzler will not appreciably reduce demand.

The demand is really in transportation of goods, not in people who drive to work every day and their car sits there for 8 hours then they drive it home and it sits for another 16 hours with short trips to the store in between.

Forum List

Back