Thomas Sowell on Ferguson, Racism and Politics

I love Thomas Sowell.

Have been a big fan of his for a long time now. Over 20 years.
Dr. Thomas Sowell's book, The Road to Serfdom, is on my shelf. What a wise man, who rose from that deep well of poverty and ignorance to become an authority on many issues as he has a frame of reference and a common-sense mind. coupled with a great education. His single mom with a third grade education, worked three jobs,and took the time to make her kids study in school and they all achieved, to my knowledge.
"We all know what has happened since then — and it has been a complete disgrace by politicians, the media, and mobs of rioters and looters. Despite all the people who act as if they know exactly what happened, nevertheless, when the full facts come out, that can change everything."

Why do you suppose Thomas doesn't mention the disgrace by racist, corn-fed police officers brutalizing protesters and press alike?

Because that 'disgrace' is the product of your degenerate fantasies, shit-for-brains.
No, it's not.
Cop Pointing Rifle At Ferguson Protestors: "I Will Fucking Kill You" [UPDATE]
Does it stretch you imagination too much to suggest Big Mike got what he deserved, and the citizens of Ferguson deserve better cops?
I love Thomas Sowell.

Dr. Thomas Sowell's book, The Road to Serfdom, is on my shelf. What a wise man, who rose from that deep well of poverty and ignorance to become an authority on many issues as he has a frame of reference and a common-sense mind. coupled with a great education. His single mom with a third grade education, worked three jobs,and took the time to make her kids study in school and they all achieved, to my knowledge.
"We all know what has happened since then — and it has been a complete disgrace by politicians, the media, and mobs of rioters and looters. Despite all the people who act as if they know exactly what happened, nevertheless, when the full facts come out, that can change everything."

Why do you suppose Thomas doesn't mention the disgrace by racist, corn-fed police officers brutalizing protesters and press alike?
Probably for the same reason he didn't specifically mention all of the black looters, etc., who were arrested; separate issue.
Sowell did mention "rioters and looters" without referring to the heavy handed IDF-type police tactics that essentially criminalized peaceful protesters.

Conservatives have the same blind spots where cops are concerned as liberals have for law breakers.

The Media and the Mob | National Review Online

I love Thomas Sowell.

Because that 'disgrace' is the product of your degenerate fantasies, shit-for-brains.
No, it's not.
Does it stretch you imagination too much to suggest Big Mike got what he deserved, and the citizens of Ferguson deserve better cops?
I love Thomas Sowell.

Probably for the same reason he didn't specifically mention all of the black looters, etc., who were arrested; separate issue.
Sowell did mention "rioters and looters" without referring to the heavy handed IDF-type police tactics that essentially criminalized peaceful protesters.

Conservatives have the same blind spots where cops are concerned as liberals have for law breakers.

That's a broad brush you're painting with.

I love Thomas Sowell.

No, it's not.

Lol you use a deflection that isn't anything more than another staged lie.

The cop in that video was ordering the crowd back because he saw a person flash a gun, but the idiots wouldn't obey the cops instructions and kept walking all around him, deliberately trying to provoke him into something rash.

That you hate cops is the only apparent prejudice I see here.
There's no indication that cop in the video saw a gun; there's ample indication of a psychopath in uniform who should never been allowed to wear a badge and point his rifle at peaceful protesters.

I love Thomas Sowell.

come on now, Georgie is smarter than Mr. Sowell and is also a judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one.

I love Thomas Sowell.

No, it's not.

The cop in that video was ordering the crowd back because he saw a person flash a gun, but the idiots wouldn't obey the cops instructions and kept walking all around him, deliberately trying to provoke him into something rash.

There's no indication that cop in the video saw a gun; there's ample indication of a psychopath in uniform who should never been allowed to wear a badge and point his rifle at peaceful protesters.

give us a break with the dramatic georgie...How about this, we just get rid of all the cops and you can be ON YOUR OWN?

Thanks Stephanie.

I just tried to quote your last sentence only, but I didn't do it right, so it quoted the whole thing. I need to learn how to quote a portion of a post. :(

lol, I Just now saw it. No problem.
two very good quotes there. what's that saying about minds thinking alike;)

I love Thomas Sowell.

No, it's not.

give us a break with the dramatic georgie...How about this, we just get rid of all the cops and you can be ON YOUR OWN?
You can't imagine the possibility that Big Mike deserved his fate AND some cops in Missouri are racists who should never have been allowed to serve the public?

I love Thomas Sowell.

No, it's not.
I love Thomas Sowell.

That's a broad brush you're painting with.
Yeah...way too broad to portray what happened in Ferguson, but I can't help noticing how neither side is willing to concede there might be enough blame to go around in this particular case.

Yeah...way too broad to portray what happened in Ferguson, but I can't help noticing how neither side is willing to concede there might be enough blame to go around in this particular case.

What would you like to "blame" Wilson for?

What would you like to "blame" Wilson for?
So far, Wilson seems relatively blameless, based on what I've seen. I wouldn't say the same for some of the protesters or some police officers since the shooting occurred.

Forum List

Back