Those who are asking Muslims to denounce terrorism, consider this...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Those who are asking moderate Muslims to condemn terrorism, consider this..

Liberals claim that many Christians are liberal.

But we all know that many liberals hate Christianity as the number one enemy of liberalism.

What about liberal Christians?

Have we ever seen, anywhere, ever, a liberal Christian denounce a liberal who mocks or says something hateful about Christianity?

I don't believe I've ever seen it, ever, and I've been doing this for many decades.

I must conclude then, that the statement "Many liberals are Christian" is an untrue statement.

Please try to prove me wrong, because I'd like to be wrong.

But we all know that many liberals hate Christianity as the number one enemy of liberalism.

Have we ever seen, anywhere, ever, a liberal Christian denounce a liberal who mocks or says something hateful about Christianity?

I don't believe I've ever seen it, ever, and I've been doing this for many decades.

I must conclude then, that the statement "Many liberals are Christian" is an untrue statement.

You must be very happy then. Youre always wrong. Take for example your childlike logic and inability to form a complete thought. You started out with a thought about asking moderate muslims to condemn terrorism and somehow transitioned into "many liberals are christians". What is wrong with you?

Last edited:

You must be very happy then. Youre always wrong. Take for example your childlike logic and inability to form a complete thought. You started out with a thought about asking moderate muslims to condemn terrorism and somehow transitioned into liberal christians. What is wrong with you?
Obviously this is rhetorical.

I saw Democrats boo when they wanted to add mention of God to the Democratic platform.

The leadership had to ram it through despite the opposition of the people on the floor.

You must be very happy then. Youre always wrong. Take for example your childlike logic and inability to form a complete thought. You started out with a thought about asking moderate muslims to condemn terrorism and somehow transitioned into "many liberals are christians". What is wrong with you?
You have not answered my question, but instead have tried to deflect it with insults and abuse that will derail the thread. This tactic has been known by the legal profession for thousands of years.

"When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Read more at Marcus Tullius Cicero Quotes at BrainyQuote.com

I saw Democrats boo when they wanted to add mention of God to the Democratic platform.

The leadership had to ram it through despite the opposition of the people on the floor.

You have not answered my question, but instead have tried to deflect it with insults and abuse that will derail the thread. This tactic has been known by the legal profession for thousands of years.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

There is a forum for your madness. I think its called the debate something or other. It was a dumb question and illiterate meandering post. Nothing about it made any sense.

Define, "liberal".

Marcus Tullius Cicero

There is a forum for your madness. I think its called the debate something or other. It was a dumb question and illiterate meandering post. Nothing about it made any sense.
You are not contributing constructively to the thread. I have reported your trolling, and now I will put you on my ignore list. If anyone else wants to explain why liberal Christians never denounce liberals who attack Christianity, here's the thread.

No the poster did not ask that moderate muslims condemn terrorism at all.

Read the post again.

Read the post again.
I don't know what this is response to, but I never said anywhere that moderate Muslims should denounce lslamic terrorism, because (1) it would put a target on their back, endangering themselves and their family and (2) it would be better if moderate Muslims work secretly to help the FBI.

So I don't expect moderate Muslims to denounce terrorism.

But liberal Christians are not in that same boat. Liberal Christians who denounce liberals who say hateful things about Christianity will not be in physical danger if they do so. They might be disinvited to some cocktail parties in D.C. or Manhatten, but their lives will not be in danger.

So where is it? Where are these liberal Christians, and why are they hiding?

Marcus Tullius Cicero

You are not contributing constructively to the thread. I have reported your trolling, and now I will put you on my ignore list. If anyone else wants to explain why liberal Christians never denounce liberals who attack Christianity, here's the thread.

I don't get it either. I really don't think there is such an entity as a liberal Christian anymore. Well in her dreams Pelosi.

I have repeatedly come out against those that are my conservative brothers and sisters to stop asking moderate muslims to condemn radical jihadists. Geeze louise it's a crazy demand.

In my past I have been born into the Anglican faith. Should I daily condemn Henry the VIII (hahaha although I did for a while when I found out why he broke away from the Church of Rome in absolute horror in my teen years).

Then went for the big one and went RC just before the "oh we accepted pedophiles because they said they'd never do it again because we needed priests" time period.

WHOOPSIES.

Born again now floating out here in faith with a Ted Nugent Christian kind of attitude and not apologizing any more for jack shit. But taking aim at those that say you can be a liberal s in a Nancy Pelosi type of YAY and be a Christian.

Read the post again.
I don't know what this is response to, but I never said anywhere that moderate Muslims should denounce lslamic terrorism, because (1) it would put a target on their back, endangering themselves and their family and (2) it would be better if moderate Muslims work secretly to help the FBI.

So I don't expect moderate Muslims to denounce terrorism.

But liberal Christians are not in that same boat. Liberal Christians who denounce liberals who say hateful things about Christianity will not be in physical danger if they do so. They might be disinvited to some cocktail parties in D.C. or Manhatten, but their lives will not be in danger.

So where is it? Where are these liberal Christians, and why are they hiding?

Read the post again.
Its in the first sentence.

"Those who are asking moderate Muslims to condemn terrorism, consider this."

Maybe you should try reading it again after you read mine and tell me where I said he was the one that asked Muslims to condemn terrorism.

I must admit, I don't understand what exactly you are trying to say here.

Are you saying that there really aren't any moderate Muslims?

No he is saying there are no liberal christians. :dunno:

What that has to do with moderate muslims is anyones guess.

Read the post again.

If some group started blowing up abortion clinics and said they were doing it in the name of Christ, as a Christian I would feel a definite responsibility to denounce these acts and make clear publicly that what this group did and what they stand for are evil and not Christian. Otherwise, Christianity gets a bad name, specifically, moderate Christians who do nothing about it.

I expect the same from the Muslim community in countries where they can make public pronouncements without being targeted or having their lives threatened for doing so. That would include the USA and Europe.

If we do not denounce the evil being carried out in the name of Jesus then we are not taking God seriously or the raminifications of sin. We will be judged for our shirk of duties or witness.

What is absurd (imo) are the opponents of Christianity who point to these extremely rare outliers (e.g. abortion attacker, note only 8 people have died at abortion centers because of attackers since 1973) and act as though our faith is just as dangerous and no better than Islam. This is what I call the insanity of the fool. It is nothing less than the devil himself influencing those who do not want to acknowledge or serve the one true God.

Or they go back to the Crusades or Inquisition, and even there, their case is not all that impressive, imo. Of course their biggest trump card are clergy molesters and cover up. There, they have a case and the damage is done. But that, again, is the result of cowards and sinners within a faith. It is not a widespread corruption, nor does it negate the truth and evidence for the teachings of the faith itself or of the vast majority of priests doing sacrificial work their whole lives. All religions will have its sinners, it takes an honest examination to draw honest conclusions.

Last edited:
I think one thing you need to keep in mind is that there are a lot of people (liberal, conservative, or in between) that identify as Christians because they were raised by Christian parents but they really don't practice the faith. It's very casual to them as in "oh yeah I believe in God (I guess) and I believe in Jesus (I guess)" but it's an after thought to them. It really has no action or effect on their lives one way or the other. Are they really Christians? I suppose if one defines themselves as something, that's what they are, but they are not following the faith they claim to associate with.

This happens on both sides of the aisle, but I would guess that it happens more on the left than on the right. That's just speculation though. To answer your question, I can't think of a time when I have heard a liberal Christian denounce a liberal attack on Christianity. There may have been one, but I can't think of it.

But that's not terribly surprising, because most Christians tend to compartmentalize their faith even if they are practicing the faith. In other words they keep their faith completely separate from other aspects of their lives and they don't let it have action in other areas of their lives.

American "Christians", like you, are not actual Christians.

No he is saying there are no liberal christians. :dunno:

What that has to do with moderate muslims is anyones guess.

That is what I was asking.

Forum List

Back