Thousands storm WWII at Mall; Whooooooooo hoooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just goes to show how fucking retarded you are, rightwingnut. I speak for no one but myself just as you do. Nobody elected you to be the hall monitor. And the only ones who I am insulting are Conservatives who put their ideology above the nation and deserve every insult thrown at them. You don't like it? Tough shit.

Are you too stupid to not repeat yourself? If you don't like our vets, that's tough too. Nobody hired you to be a park ranger.
I can't help that you are incapable of differentiating vets with Conservatives.

And? Most of them might be Conservative. Your point?

This just goes to show how fucking retarded you are, rightwingnut. I speak for no one but myself just as you do. Nobody elected you to be the hall monitor. And the only ones who I am insulting are
Funny, then, isn't it, that I have yet to read an original thought from you? All I see is recycled progressive Official and Approved Groupthink.

Oh? I guess that means many people think you're a fucking retard; if you're seeing that repeatedly. :cool:

You know, if you keep calling people a retard enough, no wonder...

It was nothing but a bunch of Conservative [non-WWII] vets who were joined by a few rightwing politicians. All of whom are too stupid to comprehend that it's the GOP who's primarily responsible for the government shutdown.

I would be willing to bet there were plenty of registered Democrats in that crowd. And they were as pissed as anyone else...

Saying that, I do wish the politicians would have kept their noses out of it...

I saw Republican politicians and I saw teabaggers. Of course it's possible there were Democrats there, but I couldn't identify any of them.

Lol, as if the Democrats of that era would match the Democrats of this era. That's funny. Of course you can't identify any of them. They had class back then as compared to now.

Mrs. Palin handed out small American flags to bystanders and told the crowd to remember that “veterans allowed us to be here today.”

The rally was one of several protests scheduled for the Columbus Day holiday weekend, which began with several dozen truck drivers from across the country driving around the Beltway in what they called the “Truckers Ride for the Constitution.” The event fell far short of the thousands of participants organizers had promised, although organizers have hinted they might attempt to block Beltway traffic during the Monday morning commute.

By midday, about 200 people gathered in Lafayette Park across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House although it wasn’t clear how many of them were tourists and how many were protesters. Some among the crowd held American flags and others held yellow “Don’t Tread on Me” flags and signs that said “Impeach Obama” and “Respect our vets.”

Hundreds of protesters storm WWII Memorial, Lafayette Square - Washington Times

Yet another tinydancer lie. The crowd was around 200 people (not thousands) and they don't know how many tourists were mixed in with the group.

Mrs. Palin handed out her patriotic little flags.. She's such a doof. :lol:

That's awfully magnanimous of Sarah "The Quitter" Palin given she thinks that Paul Revere rode to warn the British! :eek:

You want to invoke Paul Revere one more time? This is the upteenth time on this forum I've had to prove a liberal wrong:

Sarah Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Palin recently said that Revere, as part of his famous ride, warned the British that they would have a fight on their hands if they tried to seize the caches of arms and ammunition that the colonists had hidden at places like Lexington and Concord.

“Hah Hah,” the media said. “Everybody knows that Revere rode through ‘every Middlesex village and town’ to warn the colonists that the British were coming,” the media said. “What an idiot,” the media said. Uh huh.

Palin has read American history. The media must have only read Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s famous poem—which is no more the definitive account of Revere’s famous ride than Oliver Stone’s JFK is the true story of the Kennedy assassination. [See photos from Palin's bus tour.]

On his Legal Insurrection blog, Cornell Law School’s William Jacobson quotes none other than the Longfellow Historical Society as saying:

The basic premise of Longfellow's poem is historically accurate, but Paul Revere's role is exaggerated. The most glaring inconsistencies between the poem and the historical record are that Revere was not the only rider that night, nor did he make it all the way to Concord, but was captured and then let go (without his horse) in Lexington, where he had stopped to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock of the impending attack … Longfellow's intention was not to write a history; it was to create a national hero and he was successful at doing so.​

So Longfellow wasn’t completely true. But does that make Palin right (and, more importantly, put eggs on the face of her critics)? It sure looks that way.

Revere’s own record of that fateful night includes statements that buttress Palin’s argument that he, Revere, did warn the British that they were, by marching on Lexington and Concord, asking for trouble.

Palin 1, National Media 0—but that’s not really the point. The intent behind the intensity of the coverage the story has received is to continue the narrative that Palin, according to the drive by media, is a moron not worthy of the attention or political support she draws from people all across the country. It’s a good thing she didn’t talk about the “57 states” that make up America or sign the wrong date on a guestbook. Then they would really have gone ape.

We like the vets, it's your hero Palin using them that we can't stand. She's a pig.

This was never about Palin hell as far as I know no one even interviewed her it was and is about the disrespectful treatment of the veterans trying to use the fact that Palin happened to be there to distract from this are the actions of a true pig.

Conservatives politicized the event ... what a shame ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFYiIgtRv-U]Crowd Pushes Through Barriers to WWII Memorial w/ Sarah Palin - October 13, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Nah, that's civil disobedience. But you were ones willing to politicize tragedies like the Boston Bombing, Aurora, Newtown, Tuscon... shut the fuck up.

Yet another tinydancer lie. The crowd was around 200 people (not thousands) and they don't know how many tourists were mixed in with the group.

That's awfully magnanimous of Sarah "The Quitter" Palin given she thinks that Paul Revere rode to warn the British! :eek:

You want to invoke Paul Revere one more time? This is the upteenth time on this forum I've had to prove a liberal wrong:

Palin recently said that Revere, as part of his famous ride, warned the British that they would have a fight on their hands if they tried to seize the caches of arms and ammunition that the colonists had hidden at places like Lexington and Concord.

“Hah Hah,” the media said. “Everybody knows that Revere rode through ‘every Middlesex village and town’ to warn the colonists that the British were coming,” the media said. “What an idiot,” the media said. Uh huh.

Palin has read American history. The media must have only read Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s famous poem—which is no more the definitive account of Revere’s famous ride than Oliver Stone’s JFK is the true story of the Kennedy assassination. [See photos from Palin's bus tour.]

On his Legal Insurrection blog, Cornell Law School’s William Jacobson quotes none other than the Longfellow Historical Society as saying:

The basic premise of Longfellow's poem is historically accurate, but Paul Revere's role is exaggerated. The most glaring inconsistencies between the poem and the historical record are that Revere was not the only rider that night, nor did he make it all the way to Concord, but was captured and then let go (without his horse) in Lexington, where he had stopped to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock of the impending attack … Longfellow's intention was not to write a history; it was to create a national hero and he was successful at doing so.​

So Longfellow wasn’t completely true. But does that make Palin right (and, more importantly, put eggs on the face of her critics)? It sure looks that way.

Revere’s own record of that fateful night includes statements that buttress Palin’s argument that he, Revere, did warn the British that they were, by marching on Lexington and Concord, asking for trouble.

Palin 1, National Media 0—but that’s not really the point. The intent behind the intensity of the coverage the story has received is to continue the narrative that Palin, according to the drive by media, is a moron not worthy of the attention or political support she draws from people all across the country. It’s a good thing she didn’t talk about the “57 states” that make up America or sign the wrong date on a guestbook. Then they would really have gone ape.

Sarah Palin Was Right About Paul Revere

yes she was

You say that like it's a bad thing. :(

cool picture

BWd9juBIMAAMR16.jpg-large.jpg
Yeah, too bad they didn't use the American flag though, eh?

Uh yeah, they did. Look closely. That is the flag the rebels used as early as 1777. More commonly known as "The Ring of Stars" or the "Betsy Ross Flag." One of the earliest variants of the American flag ever used. Research your history.

Time to pass the BUDGET and get our government open!!!!

Tell that to your pals in teh Democratic Party, ya big phony.

I am waiting for Obama to call out the goon squad. We might have our own Tiannamen Square.

Why should the other side that gave us our sequester and wanted to give us repeal of the medical device tax give us more? To run a government we have to be able to work out a deal that can pass.

Remind me what Obama and Reid have offered to break the impasse.

Tell that to your pals in teh Democratic Party, ya big phony.

I am waiting for Obama to call out the goon squad. We might have our own Tiannamen Square.

Why should the other side that gave us our sequester and wanted to give us repeal of the medical device tax give us more? To run a government we have to be able to work out a deal that can pass.

1. They offered you your anti-science sequester.
2. They wanted to give you a repeal on medical devices.

But you're ready to destroy the economy of our country over the ACA.

1. They offered you your anti-science sequester.
2. They wanted to give you a repeal on medical devices.

But you're ready to destroy the economy of our country over the ACA.
No, they didnt offer either of those, ya big phony.

In all seriousness, Cruz, Palin etc. should sit down quietly and shutup.
This isn't their day.

Normally, I 'd agree, but their presence brings a lot more coverage. Add to that the fact that they knew they'd be opening themselves up to cheap shots like this by participating.

From someone who thinks I'm dictating what others think. :cuckoo:
You're not? Then who wrote this:
These rightwing imbeciles think they can undo the damage caused to the GOP by their idiocy to destroy the U.S. economy in order to get rid of ObamaCare by screaming about the WWII War Memorial. They idiotically think that will "rally the troops" against Obama and divert attention away from the GOP.​

...?
Holy shit! :eusa_doh: What a pity you don't understand English.

That would be me describing what others think based on their actions. That is not "dictating" what others think. :cuckoo:

Words have meaning. You should learn them before you use them.
Either way -- you're still wrong.

This just goes to show how fucking retarded you are, rightwingnut. I speak for no one but myself just as you do. Nobody elected you to be the hall monitor. And the only ones who I am insulting are
Funny, then, isn't it, that I have yet to read an original thought from you? All I see is recycled progressive Official and Approved Groupthink.

Oh? I guess that means many people think you're a fucking retard; if you're seeing that repeatedly. :cool:
In general, the people that call me a fucking retard are mindlessly lashing out because I commit the cardinal sin of disagreeing with their programming.

You know -- just like you did.

The US House of Representatives is doing what the Constitution charges it to do.

Exercise the Power of the Purse.

The 2010 (Democrat-controlled) House rammed ObamaCare down the throat of the nation.

The People 'shellacked' the President in 2010 by returning the House to the Republicans.

The biggest reason why Obama won re-election in 2012 is because Romney was a bad fit.

The People confirmed GOP control of The House (and The Purse) in 2012.

The Democrats gained one seat in the Senate in 2012 - not exactly a mandate.

Now that ObamaCare is about to launch...

The GOP-controlled House is exercising its Power of the Purse to kill ObamaCare.

They apparently chose a time when an exercising of the Power of the Purse was most likely to bite deep and hard, and to be felt and feared by their Adversaries.

Obama and the Democrats created the conditions (passing ObamaCare) that formed the basis for this Intervention by the controllers of The Purse.

Just as the Republicans are responsible for The Shutdown and the looming Default due to their exercising of the Power of the Purse at this time...

So too, the Democrats are responsible for The Shutdown and the looming Default due to their ramming ObamaCare down the throat of the nation in 2010, in such a manner, and in such a configuration, so as to freak-out The Opposition and to compel them to such action, in order to reverse this looming and catastrophic mistake...

In closing National Monuments such as the WWII Memorial, the Obama Administration is serving-up weaknesses in its armor...

In staging protests along the lines of 'the storming' at-issue here, the GOP and its offshoot Tea Party are doing a marvelous job of exploiting those weaknesses...

We may be seeing the opening round of the 2014 mid-term elections in all of this, and, with respect to emotional appeal getting widespread coverage, so far, the GOP is winning...

Somehow, I don't think that the American People are buying into the arguments of EITHER party, that it's all the Other Guy's fault...

Many Americans have reached the conclusion that BOTH parties are full of shit, clean up to their ears...

Regardless of how this pans-out, the Democrats, in-control during the 2013 Crisis, will be blamed in the final analysis...

That will cost them in 2014 - the GOP is likely to retain The House AND pick up a marginal control of The Senate, after this fiasco...

And, regardless of how this turns-out, the GOP is likely to pick up the White House, as well; having finally given Black Folk a turn at the wheel, and after 8 years of lackluster Democratic performance, and 8 years of Democratic whining about how the big, bad, nasty Republicans stopped them from doing what they wanted to do...

If ObamaCare is any indication of what 'they wanted to do'...

Perhaps it's just as well that our system of checks-and-balances was still at least partially operative during those 8 years...

Skeptical about such prospects?

Me too, but...

Keep in mind...

Voters remember such imagery as we're seeing here... a Democrat Administration closing WWII Memorials against final WWII Vet Honor Flights, and such...

Voters remember the imagery, although not the subtleties and complexities and cause-and-effect details behind them...

Voters remember...

Some of the 'Take the Country Back' chatter from early 2012 is re-surfacing already in the context of the 2014 mid-terms...

And, this next time around, they may just pull it off...

GOP Goals for 2014...

1. keep the House

2. regain the Senate

3. wait for 2016

A few more images of the big, bad Democrat-controlled Administration shutting-out veterans, and the Pubs will have an easy skate into control of the Senate in 2014...

Dems are fond of saying that the Pubs are cutting their own throats by fabricating this Shutdown and Default Crisis...

All the while, not realizing that they (the Dems) are at great risk, themselves, especially as this and similar events and incidents and imagery begin to materialize...

The Dems think that time is on their side...

Frankly, I'm not so sure...

Last edited:

Holy fuck! I didn't think there was anyone remaining who was stupid enough to defend her idiocy! :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, Palin was not right. She actually said, "part of his ride was to warn the British that we we're already there, that hey, you’re not going to succeed."

No part of Revere's ride was to warn the British. That's just plain fucking stupid. Paul Revere was captured at one point by the British -- but he never rode to warn the British. Learn your fucking history, Conservatives.

The US House of Representatives is doing what the Constitution charges it to do.

Exercise the Power of the Purse.

The 2010 (Democrat-controlled) House rammed ObamaCare down the throat of the nation.

The People 'shellacked' the President in 2010 by returning the House to the Republicans.

The biggest reason why Obama won re-election in 2012 is because Romney was a bad fit.

The People confirmed GOP control of The House (and The Purse) in 2012.

The Democrats gained one seat in the Senate in 2012 - not exactly a mandate.

Now that ObamaCare is about to launch...

The GOP-controlled House is exercising its Power of the Purse to kill ObamaCare.

They apparently chose a time when an exercising of the Power of the Purse was most likely to bite deep and hard, and to be felt and feared by their Adversaries.

Obama and the Democrats created the conditions (passing ObamaCare) that formed the basis for this Intervention by the controllers of The Purse.

Just as the Republicans are responsible for The Shutdown and the looming Default due to their exercising of the Power of the Purse at this time...

So too, the Democrats are responsible for The Shutdown and the looming Default due to their ramming ObamaCare down the throat of the nation in 2010, in such a manner, and in such a configuration, so as to freak-out The Opposition and to compel them to such action, in order to reverse this looming and catastrophic mistake...

In closing National Monuments such as the WWII Memorial, the Obama Administration is serving-up weaknesses in its armor...

In staging protests along the lines of 'the storming' at-issue here, the GOP and its offshoot Tea Party are doing a marvelous job of exploiting those weaknesses...

We may be seeing the opening round of the 2014 mid-term elections in all of this, and, with respect to emotional appeal getting widespread coverage, so far, the GOP is winning...

Somehow, I don't think that the American People are buying into the arguments of EITHER party, that it's all the Other Guy's fault...

Many Americans have reached the conclusion that BOTH parties are full of shit, clean up to their ears...

Both parties need to answer to the American people but in this case, it is all Republican/Teaparty who shutdown the government because they wanted to get rid of a law! The senate Republicans are upset with the House even.

You all attempting to assign blame to Democrats/Obama for the memorials, government in general being shut down is absolutely wrong. Stop with the BS, you want these memorials open, talk to the House Republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back