Three Phrases Seldom Seen on this Board

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"
  • "Thank you for challenging me. It made a difference"
Most people with sense will agree that being objective is a higher level than be one who just relays on "talking points" without putting much thought into them. It's called comprehending and anyalyzing information to decide whether to agree with a post, and if disagreeing, point out what data you use to disagree with the poster.

But, alas, it's so much easier just to call someone and "idiot, moron" or some other derogatory term rather than involve yourself into a debate with supporting facts.

Can we all evolve a little bit and create a dialogue instead of a name calling contest?

It would create a interesting experiment. I'll try if you try.

I understand your sentiment, however -

1) "Never complain, never explain."

2) After debating a point fifty times with supporting facts, "idiot, moron" often become the only further responses available.

3) I don't see a reason to thank someone for challenging my patience, which is in short supply. I am no priest.

Oh #2 is spot on. How many threads have we been in with supporting links to back up our arguments but all we get in return is name calling. How many "republicans have poopy pants" threads have we endured?
LMAO! I missed those "poopy pants" posts! :bye1:

Well I did my good deed for the day :). I shouldn't have insulted this poster. So I apologized.

"I didn't want to call you an asshole but that was my gut reaction and I will apologize for that. But TransCanada does everything absolutely by the book and have spent millions of dollars on legal fees.

Unless you can back up forged deeds what you are telling me is a lie. And collect money off of what Federal programs."
That was great, and interesting. what thread is that on? I'd like to read it. TIA.

Mods moved it to energy. God thread. And the poster I initially called an asshole did give me a very personal explaination on why she felt the way she did in that one post. And I was grateful she did.

Keystone.....Who needs it?

Well I did my good deed for the day :). I shouldn't have insulted this poster. So I apologized.

"I didn't want to call you an asshole but that was my gut reaction and I will apologize for that. But TransCanada does everything absolutely by the book and have spent millions of dollars on legal fees.

Unless you can back up forged deeds what you are telling me is a lie. And collect money off of what Federal programs."
That was great, and interesting. what thread is that on? I'd like to read it. TIA.

Mods moved it to energy. God thread. And the poster I initially called an asshole did give me a very personal explaination on why she felt the way she did in that one post. And I was grateful she did.

Neat. isn't that neat when two opposing posters can end up respecting one another? Maybe there is hope.

"Keystone ... Who needs it?"

trump does.

He's got stock in the company doing the work.

But, no conflict of interest, right?

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"
Most people with sense will agree that being objective is a higher level than be one who just relays on "talking points" without putting much thought into them. It's called comprehending and anyalyzing information to decide whether to agree with a post, and if disagreeing, point out what data you use to disagree with the poster.

But, alas, it's so much easier just to call someone and "idiot, moron" or some other derogatory term rather than involve yourself into a debate with supporting facts.

Can we all evolve a little bit and create a dialogue instead of a name calling contest?

Oh whatever, retard.

:eek:
I'm appalled!

:biggrin:

"Keystone ... Who needs it?"

trump does.

He's got stock in the company doing the work.

But, no conflict of interest, right?
Trump has a blind portfolio, doesn't he? That's required in all leadership positions.

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

"Facts" "Reason" "Evidence"

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

I change my positions routinely to fit the better argument. There are people here who can vouch for me on that.

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

I've done all 3 before. I have to say it does put you at a disadvantage. Honesty when talking against people who have no interest in reciprocating it makes for a frustrating evening most times.

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

I've done all 3 before. I have to say it does put you at a disadvantage. Honesty when talking against people who have no interest in reciprocating it makes for a frustrating evening most times.
Huh, I have experienced the opposite and actually have become "friends" with some of those who usually oppose conservative views. Just goes to show, that all of us can find something in common with one another.

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

Huh, I have experienced the opposite and actually have become "friends" with some of those who usually oppose conservative views. Just goes to show, that all of us can find something in common with one another.
That happens sometimes to. But like I said most of the time I feel I'm fighting windmills.

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

That happens sometimes to. But like I said most of the time I feel I'm fighting windmills.
I have experienced that as well, too.

There are a few other things that have never been said here. Many of those would violate the points you Made so I wont say them:)

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

Having been on this board for a little over 4 years and on another message board 12 years or so before that I will tell you this. Ask a straight question or observation and you will get one in return from me. Start flaming and I will flame back.

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

Thanks for the sentiment, and I agree that is a path to both peace and intelligent discussion, but the factor missing is answering the question of "Why are people here?"

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

Thanks for the sentiment, and I agree that is a path to both peace and intelligent discussion, but the factor missing is answering the question of "Why are people here?"
I thought about your question and for a second, I was going to say, They are here to discuss politics. Then I changed my mind. I think they are here to VENT about politics.

• "I apologize"
  • "I see your point"

I thought about your question and for a second, I was going to say, They are here to discuss politics. Then I changed my mind. I think they are here to VENT about politics.
Agreed. Sure, some do come here to discuss or just be entertained, but most here are like you said; venting. IMHO, those who are hardcore partisan's are venting. Those who are more moderate, are more likely to read, understand and agree with your OP.

Forum List

Back