Three Weeks Till 4th Of July.More "Worlds Dumbest Accidents" To Be Expected?

Rexx Taylor

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sarasota, Florida
:blowup:Did anyone hear the story of a Florida Man who recently blew both his arms off making fireworks? It's beyond unthinkable. Why would anyone want to make fireworks right out of their home? This is the first major accident so far of the 2015 "Dumb 4th Of July Mishaps". ,So what can we expect this time around? Young adults will do anything for instant fame on You-Tube. Guess we will just have to wait till July 3rd for the first stories of inanimate objects inadvertently exploding because of the worlds dumbest scientists forgot to take precautions.:oops-28:

• Banned
and please tell of stories of 4th of july accidents that took place in your town/state over the years. would love to hear them.

With the horrible drought here in calif, I KNOW some idiot is going to fire off some rockets, regardless. It's a given.

• Banned
With the horrible drought here in calif, I KNOW some idiot is going to fire off some rockets, regardless. It's a given.
4th of july weekend, not a good time for stray cows to be walking around back yards. especially in back yards of kids who are bored in california and have fireworks.

Here on the coast...it's the seals and seabirds that have to deal with that crap. The city does it on the sandspit so if sparks land, there is nothing but water and sand. Or a bird or seal that couldn't move fast enough.
It's stupid. Have a picnic, hire a band, get sloshed, leave the fire shit alone.

:blowup:Did anyone hear the story of a Florida Man who recently blew both his arms off making fireworks? It's beyond unthinkable. Why would anyone want to make fireworks right out of their home? This is the first major accident so far of the 2015 "Dumb 4th Of July Mishaps". ,So what can we expect this time around? Young adults will do anything for instant fame on You-Tube. Guess we will just have to wait till July 3rd for the first stories of inanimate objects inadvertently exploding because of the worlds dumbest scientists forgot to take precautions.:oops-28:

You call it 'accidents,' I call it proof of God culling the herd of those that shouldn't breed. :)

They might not have a home either if a fire starts. No water to put it out and everything is bone dry.

They don't "forget" to take precautions.
There are many reasons why fireworks and people, certain types do not mix well.
bravado. Stupidity. "I can fix that". Redneck engineering.....Not wanting to look like a wimp ( here light this firecracker and hold it as long as ( BOOM) you can..Uh oh...You lost a finger and a thumb).....all kinds of stupid shit....
Me? I follow the the standard instructions .....No worries

They might not have a home either if a fire starts. No water to put it out and everything is bone dry.
and next year its going to be a 3 or 4 day weekend being the 4th is on a monday. plenty of time to warn your pets!
Its funny....My Labs don't freak out....They are kind of fascinated by fireworks....German Sheppards? Forget it. They need to get drunk and pass out. The first boom they hear and they will tear apart the house.

Gracie freaked out and I had to cuddle her for a few hours..which was fine. She was kinda big to sit in my lap but we made do.
The other 2 just lounge and think nothing of it. (rat terrier and a yellow lab. July 4th is the labs birthday. She will be 10 years old).

They don't "forget" to take precautions.
There are many reasons why fireworks and people, certain types do not mix well.
bravado. Stupidity. "I can fix that". Redneck engineering.....Not wanting to look like a wimp ( here light this firecracker and hold it as long as ( BOOM) you can..Uh oh...You lost a finger and a thumb).....all kinds of stupid shit....
Me? I follow the the standard instructions .....No worries
and how about all of those stories of either a fireworks factory or store blowing up? I am pretty sure I recall of some guy smoking in a fireworks store, and that started a domino effect of explosions.

I always drop my pants and fire off a rocket on the fourth....
with 4th of july on a saturday, wouldn't surprise me if the "Bored Kids" start making explosions at 2 or 3am on thursday night as us working people are sleeping.

with 4th of july on a saturday, wouldn't surprise me if the "Bored Kids" start making explosions at 2 or 3am on thursday night as us working people are sleeping.
That will be me....firing off late at night

you mean like Joe Biden warning burgurlers that you are home? watch out for planes.

you mean like Joe Biden warning burgurlers that you are home? watch out for planes.
Planes are flying my neighbors yard?

Forum List

Back