Thrown in jail for unpaid medical debt

I thought Obozocare was supposed to take care of that...

Apparently not!!!
Neither Obamacare nor the supposed Yuge Bestest healthcare in the world Trump was gonna deliver.

RIGHT!! This is what the "greatest" country in the world has become. It's really sad. I posted this in another thread earlier to show the failings of Obamacare so mine is NOT some partisan argument.

Yes it's terrible...how dare we expect grown adults to pay their own way.

Unless they own a corporate farm of course.

Like investing in our military and infrastructure...good real Americans agree with investing in our food sources as we see nothing more important.
Simple shit.

I thought Obozocare was supposed to take care of that...

Apparently not!!!
Neither Obamacare nor the supposed Yuge Bestest healthcare in the world Trump was gonna deliver.

RIGHT!! This is what the "greatest" country in the world has become. It's really sad. I posted this in another thread earlier to show the failings of Obamacare so mine is NOT some partisan argument.

Like investing in our military and infrastructure...good real Americans agree with investing in our food sources as we see nothing more important.
Simple shit.

Right, bail outs are now good since it's Trump doing it. Trump caused the problem to start with.

no I dont,, because any rational thinking person knows you dont go to jail for debts,,,yet,,,

And yet they are. Without the debts they are not going to jail.
not in this case,,,if they showed up to court then they wouldnt be in jail,,,

Working two jobs makes that difficult. You can't pay your medical bills, you work two jobs but you have to take the day off (whether your employer lets you off or not) to go to court to accomplish nothing.

irrelevant,,,

The facts of a situation is never irrelevant. What a waste of taxpayer money. Basically tax payers are being asked to be a bill collector for a business.

your narrative is all wrong,,,the courts are to resolve disputes like this and they went to jail because they didnt show up when they were supposed to,,,

although I do disagree with taxs going to jail them for this, but my opinion is irrelevant,,,

Simple shit.

Right, bail outs are now good since it's Trump doing it. Trump caused the problem to start with.

haha..try again bud...this isn't a Trump thing....these aren't "bail outs"....look it up...we have had legislation and policy in place for years...we've always subsidized our farmers and invested in our food sources.

Working two jobs makes that difficult. You can't pay your medical bills, you work two jobs but you have to take the day off (whether your employer lets you off or not) to go to court to accomplish nothing.

irrelevant,,,

The facts of a situation is never irrelevant. What a waste of taxpayer money. Basically tax payers are being asked to be a bill collector for a business.

your narrative is all wrong,,,the courts are to resolve disputes like this and they went to jail because they didnt show up when they were supposed to,,,

although I do disagree with taxs going to jail them for this, but my opinion is irrelevant,,,

They have to show up over and over and over and over. It's a good way to lose your job.

Simple shit.

haha..try again bud...this isn't a Trump thing....these aren't "bail outs"....look it up...we have had legislation and policy in place for years...we've always subsidized our farmers and invested in our food sources.

No, they were bail outs. At least be honest in your hypocrisy.

irrelevant,,,

They have to show up over and over and over and over. It's a good way to lose your job.

not according to the article,,,

they got behind and the debtee requested a hearing,,,thats typical and would not have resulted in them going to jail if they showed up,,,

FAKE NEWS!!!

they went to jail for not showing up to court not because they didnt pay the bills,,,,

It's simply a work around to throw people in jail for not paying their medical bills but you know this.

no I dont,, because any rational thinking person knows you dont go to jail for debts,,,yet,,,

If they were never born they wouldn't be in jail.
They should sue their parents

irrelevant,,,

they got behind and the debtee requested a hearing,,,thats typical and would not have resulted in them going to jail if they showed up,,,

According to the story they have to show up over and over and over and over.

FAKE NEWS!!!

they went to jail for not showing up to court not because they didnt pay the bills,,,,

It's simply a work around to throw people in jail for not paying their medical bills but you know this.

If that's the best you got I'll consider the point ceded.

FAKE NEWS!!!

If that's the best you got I'll consider the point ceded.

It's the best I need.

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills": County in rural Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

Ah! More of that greatness and shining beacon on the hill America supposedly is! Awesome! While the politicians shit on the people,the people get thrown in jail for debt they can't pay. Can only imagine the mental gymnastics people are going to use to justify this shit.

Had he shown up for his court hearing he would not have been sent to jail for contempt of court. It sounds like he was not communicating with courts.

FAKE NEWS!!!

You don't show up for court ad you go to jail. You show up at court and you don't go to jail. Pretty easy concept.

irrelevant,,,

every 3 months seems a little harsh but doesnt change the fact they didnt show up and is why they were jailed,,,

so how much did you donate to them to help???

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills": County in rural Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

Ah! More of that greatness and shining beacon on the hill America supposedly is! Awesome! While the politicians shit on the people,the people get thrown in jail for debt they can't pay. Can only imagine the mental gymnastics people are going to use to justify this shit.
This is a sad story

but I put the blame on corrupt judges and an ambulance chasing lawyer

A conservative should just pretend that Kansas doesn't exist...….they had their pipe dream of cutting taxes and slashing social programs for quite a few years....and it was an unmitigated disaster....

"After four years of below-average growth, deepening budget deficits, and steep spending reductions, the GOP-dominated Kansas legislature has repealed many of the tax cuts at the heart of Governor Sam Brownback fiscal agenda."

The Great Kansas Tax Cut Experiment Crashes And Burns

Now there is a democrat governor who finally got the Medicaid expansion -- which is Obamacare...something the republican governor opposed -- and they didn't give a fuck how it would hurt their own citizens....

"In some ways, Medicaid expansion has proven the most important part of Obamacare, covering 20 million or so people, but it has yet to reach its full potential. That’s because the Supreme Court ruled in 2012 that states must have the option to refuse to expand the program, and many Republican-led states have. About 2.5 million people, half of them in Texas and Florida, don’t have health coverage because their state has blocked Medicaid expansion."

Kansas has reached a deal to expand Medicaid, covering 150,000 people

every 3 months seems a little harsh but doesnt change the fact they didnt show up and is why they were jailed,,,

so how much did you donate to them to help???

I have said many times that I am perfectly happy with paying higher taxes if need be to help people out here.

It's the least the "greatest" country in the world should do.

Forum List

Back