Thrown in jail for unpaid medical debt

your narrative is all wrong,,,the courts are to resolve disputes like this and they went to jail because they didnt show up when they were supposed to,,,

although I do disagree with taxs going to jail them for this, but my opinion is irrelevant,,,

They have to show up over and over and over and over. It's a good way to lose your job.

not according to the article,,,

they got behind and the debtee requested a hearing,,,thats typical and would not have resulted in them going to jail if they showed up,,,

According to the story they have to show up over and over and over and over.

every 3 months seems a little harsh but doesnt change the fact they didnt show up and is why they were jailed,,,

so how much did you donate to them to help???

I have said many times that I am perfectly happy with paying higher taxes if need be to help people out here.

It's the least the "greatest" country in the world should do.

you might be OK with it but most of us arent,,,if you do want to help just send them your money now and leave the rest of us alone,,

and the discussion is about them going to jail for debts and thats not true,,,

The article you posted doesn't substantiate your claim ... they were jailed for "failure to appear" in court ... that is a very serious offense in our judicial system ...

Everybody understands not being able to pay huge medical bills ... and they were called into court to demonstrate they couldn't pay ... there are alternatives but this court session is an important step in that process ... what these folks pulled is some Sovereign Citizen bullshit is all ... I have no mercy if the fools can't even plead their case, fools I say ...

Lying scumbag OP.

Tres Biggs went to jail for failing to appear in court for unpaid medical bills. He described it as "scary."

Jail was failure to appear. Not failure to pay.

The article you posted doesn't substantiate your claim ... they were jailed for "failure to appear" in court ... that is a very serious offense in our judicial system ...

Everybody understands not being able to pay huge medical bills ... and they were called into court to demonstrate they couldn't pay ... there are alternatives but this court session is an important step in that process ... what these folks pulled is some Sovereign Citizen bullshit is all ... I have no mercy if the fools can't even plead their case, fools I say ...

They are called in over and over and over and over. That's harrassment. That's forcing taxpayers to pay for the collection of your bad debts. They have plead their case. They shouldn't have to over and over and over.

They are called in over and over and over and over. That's harrassment. That's forcing taxpayers to pay for the collection of your bad debts. They have plead their case. They shouldn't have to over and over and over.

Go ahead and make a years worth of payments for them.
That will give them time to formulate a new strategy and not have to appear for awhile.

Go ahead and make a years worth of payments for them.
That will give them time to formulate a new strategy and not have to appear for awhile.

As soon as you step up and start paying your share of the wars.

I agree 100% ... in all cases, there should be an income and resource test before any medical treatment is administered ... kid has cancer and parents can't pay, let the kid die ... the parents don't care, they're bitching about having to appear in court once every three months ... what a hassle, no child's life is worth that ... especially in Kansas ...

I agree 100% ... in all cases, there should be an income and resource test before any medical treatment is administered ... kid has cancer and parents can't pay, let the kid die ... the parents don't care, they're bitching about having to appear in court once every three months ... what a hassle, no child's life is worth that ... especially in Kansas ...

Solutions that one knows is never going to happen are not solutions. They are simply inane ramblings.

They do realize that throwing people in jail for unpaid debts will only make the people fall even further behind, right?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills": County in rural Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

Ah! More of that greatness and shining beacon on the hill America supposedly is! Awesome! While the politicians shit on the people,the people get thrown in jail for debt they can't pay. Can only imagine the mental gymnastics people are going to use to justify this shit.

That is a travesty. I agree 100%. If politicians worried more about that vs. allowing men to pee in women's bathrooms we could get somewhere.

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills": County in rural Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

Ah! More of that greatness and shining beacon on the hill America supposedly is! Awesome! While the politicians shit on the people,the people get thrown in jail for debt they can't pay. Can only imagine the mental gymnastics people are going to use to justify this shit.

That's not why they went to jail. I read about this earlier and the article headline is quite misleading.

That's not why they went to jail. I read about this earlier and the article headline is quite misleading.

If you cannot afford kids, don't have them!

Solutions that one knows is never going to happen are not solutions. They are simply inane ramblings.

Your solution is nobody has to pay medical bills? ... that's truly inane ...

Hospitals have to be paid, or they shut down ... if they can't collect the bill, then the tax-payers pay ... but the hospital will get paid ... I don't like Kansas' solution, but it is their decision, not showing up for court is stupid stupid stupid ... just stupid ...

That is a travesty. I agree 100%. If politicians worried more about that vs. allowing men to pee in women's bathrooms we could get somewhere.

What happened to that? No one is discussing that any longer. It was Hillary's lame attempt at showing how "liberal" she was because she had nothing else to use.

Your solution is nobody has to pay medical bills? ... that's truly inane ...

Hospitals have to be paid, or they shut down ... if they can't collect the bill, then the tax-payers pay ... but the hospital will get paid ... I don't like Kansas' solution, but it is their decision, not showing up for court is stupid stupid stupid ... just stupid ...

Medicare for all. They will be paid. Every patient a hospital see's on Medicare gets paid.

What happened to that? No one is discussing that any longer. It was Hillary's lame attempt at showing how "liberal" she was because she had nothing else to use.

Are you kidding me? They devoted an entire town hall to this BS earlier in the campaign cycle. How about devoting a town hall to healthcare and its issues?

Are you kidding me? They devoted an entire town hall to this BS earlier in the campaign cycle. How about devoting a town hall to healthcare and its issues?

No, I'm not kidding you. Its a major part of Bernie's platform. Has been for decades.

No, I'm not kidding you. Its a major part of Bernie's platform. Has been for decades.

You said "no one is discussing that any longer"

I do not believe UH is the answer. I do not understand why that Kansas family didn't qualify for Medicaid!?!?!?

Medicare for all. They will be paid. Every patient a hospital see's on Medicare gets paid.

I don't disagree ... but Bernie hasn't said where the extra tax dollars will come from ... everyone today is supposed to be paying hundreds of dollars per month for health insurance, taxes would have to go up that amount just to maintain the current level of service ... and these taxes will fall on the Middle Class, the Rich have too many ways around taxes ... I haven't paid Medicare taxes in over thirty years, I'd love to get free health care right now, most of the Rich would agree ... because right now I have to bring my checkbook whenever I see a doctor, and that's one week less in Las Vegas this year, that sucks ...

Never an excuse to skip court ...

You said "no one is discussing that any longer"

I do not believe UH is the answer. I do not understand why that Kansas family didn't qualify for Medicaid!?!?!?

That might be a fair question to ask........it still doesn't mean the courts should be able to be used like this.

Forum List

Back