'Thug' is the New N-Word? lol

You're welcome to believe whatever you like, and even share it with all those thugs you know. :lol:

You should have said that from the start instead of starting something you couldn't finish.

If I was wrong about anything, it was that your obtuseness was intentional.

But I'm certainly man enough to own my mistakes and learn from them.

I can tell by the way you carried on as if Sherman had defined thug but were unable to produce the quote. Subsequently you went on to avoid saying you were wrong. Its ok but no need to try and convince me you are man enough to own your mistakes. i dont care really.

You should have said that from the start instead of starting something you couldn't finish.

I can tell by the way you carried on as if Sherman had defined thug but were unable to produce the quote. Subsequently you went on to avoid saying you were wrong. Its ok but no need to try and convince me you are man enough to own your mistakes. i dont care really.

He said thug = ******

I'm surprised you couldn't suss that out for yourself Merlin.

So you are confused. Please quote Sherman defining thug. He said thug was an accepted way of calling a Black person the n word.

What he did was make a statement as to how the word seems to be used now.

“The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the n-word nowadays,” Sherman said. “It’s like everyone else said the n-word, and then they say thug and that’s fine. That’s where it kind of takes me back. It’s kind of disappointing because they know. What’s the definition of a thug? Really?”

Y! SPORTS

Technically he defined a current use of the word. It like so many other words has multiple meanings. I have never used it in that manner, but I can see his point.

If he is not a violent criminal why is he being called a thug? That just doesn't fit. Seems to me that Shermans observation was spot on.

I guess you didn't read my earlier posts. I said the same thing.

I said that I do not think "thug" used in any context fits... arrogant prick, yes; thug, No.

Y! SPORTS

Technically he defined a current use of the word. It like so many other words has multiple meanings. I have never used it in that manner, but I can see his point.

If he is not a violent criminal why is he being called a thug? That just doesn't fit. Seems to me that Shermans observation was spot on.

I wasn't aware that thug meant violent criminal.

Its in the dictionary.

Thug - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

thug noun \ˈthəg\
: a violent criminal

Y! SPORTS

I guess you didn't read my earlier posts. I said the same thing.

I said that I do not think "thug" used in any context fits... arrogant prick, yes; thug, No.

I should have stated i was being rhetorical. Pardon me.

He said thug = ******

I'm surprised you couldn't suss that out for yourself Merlin.

Thats why i specifically asked for the quotes. Where does it say that? Please dont claim you are a man again if you are just going to continue to lie.

Last edited:

Its in the dictionary.

thug noun \ˈthəg\

You forgot alternate meanings such as

a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough

same link

How long before "President" becomes the new "n" word?

I fucking hate that shit almost as much as I dislike the use of the word itself... "N" word... Good Christ is this really where we are? Can't even type it?

How long before "President" becomes the new "******?"

See? we're all still alive...

Yes it's offensive, but really... We can't use "The WORD" during the course of a typed discussion?

thug cannot be compared to ******. ****** is a word racist assholes used to keep the black person down. thug is a term that applies to anyone low life regardless of skin color. further, many blacks, especially rappers, have embraced the term to describe their life. tupac for instance had a huge tatoo across his torso that said "THUG LIFE".

there i no way thug has the same meaning as ******.

MY MY , there sure are a lot of racists blacks out there working to keep blacks down.

Yeah, I see...

They'll tell you there is a difference between "******" and "nigga."

Having discussed the issue with a friend of mine, I get it...

Its in the dictionary.

thug noun \ˈthəg\

same link

No i did not forget them. I used the first one. Either way how is he any of those things because he spoke in a loud voice?

I still have not seen the interview that got him labeled a thug and have no intention of watching it. I do not like him due to his actions during the first meeting between the Seahawks and the Niners this year. But I have not seen him do anything that would make me think he was a "thug" whether you use the term in the traditional sense of the word as being a low rate arm-twisting criminal or the new sense of the word as a replacement for the N-word. An arrogant prick seems to fit, but not "thug"
Matter of opinion, sure.
"Don't you open your mouth about the best. I gonna shut it for you ..."

He also said
"I probably shouldn't have attacked another person," Sherman says of his words about Crabtree. He regrets "the storm afterwards" and the attention it took from "the fantastic performances from my teammates."

Sounds like he too thought he acted like a thug at that moment. He was very funny later.

same link

No i did not forget them. I used the first one. Either way how is he any of those things because he spoke in a loud voice?

You ignored part of a definition in order to pretend like a word only had one meaning. VERY dishonest and unworthy of my further attentions.

same link

You ignored part of a definition in order to pretend like a word only had one meaning. VERY dishonest and unworthy of my further attentions.

Just like you ignored the meaning and focused on admittedly alternate meanings. Then you ignored that none of the words still fit his actions. :lol:

Call me crazy, but I think you'd have to be pretty tough to be the best cornerback in the NFL.

But asyphilis doesn't see it that way apparently.

Just like you ignored the meaning and focused on admittedly alternate meanings. Then you ignored that none of the words still fit his actions. :lol:

I didn't ignore ANYTHING. You see my remark was that I didn't see where thug HAD to mean violent criminal. Had I said " I don't see where thug can possibly mean violent criminal" you would have had a leg to stand on, but as it stands, you have been outwitted. Best to just walk away at this point.

Oh, I also posted much earlier in the thread that I don't believe one incident makes this guy a thug, so your claim of I ignore where what he did didn't make him a thug is irrelevant to me.

Call me crazy, but I think you'd have to be pretty tough to be the best cornerback in the NFL.

But asyphilis doesn't see it that way apparently.

You come up with the quote yet?

It's in the OP.

But I already told you that, so I fully expect you to go on ignoring it.

Thats not a quote. I cant find it anywhere. If its in the OP then quote it. See how I quoted what you said?

He said thug = ******

Last edited:

Forum List

Back