'Thug' is the New N-Word? lol

I still have not seen the interview that got him labeled a thug and have no intention of watching it. I do not like him due to his actions during the first meeting between the Seahawks and the Niners this year. But I have not seen him do anything that would make me think he was a "thug" whether you use the term in the traditional sense of the word as being a low rate arm-twisting criminal or the new sense of the word as a replacement for the N-word. An arrogant prick seems to fit, but not "thug"

Agreed.

If anything, a black kid from the streets of Compton who graduates from Stanford is by my accounts an anti-thug.

But he is an arrogant, loudmouth prick.

Trayvon-Martin-Thug.png

Thug^^^^^^

richard-sherman-thug-n-word.jpg

arrogant prick^^^^^^^

Separate but equal I see?

If blacks can use ****** and thug, so can whites. Fuck anyone stupid enough to believe otherwise.

thug cannot be compared to ******. ****** is a word racist assholes used to keep the black person down. thug is a term that applies to anyone low life regardless of skin color. further, many blacks, especially rappers, have embraced the term to describe their life. tupac for instance had a huge tatoo across his torso that said "THUG LIFE".

there i no way thug has the same meaning as ******.

thug cannot be compared to ******. ****** is a word racist assholes used to keep the black person down. thug is a term that applies to anyone low life regardless of skin color. further, many blacks, especially rappers, have embraced the term to describe their life. tupac for instance had a huge tatoo across his torso that said "THUG LIFE".

He basically said it was a:

eu·phe·mism noun \ˈyü-fə-ˌmi-zəm\
: a mild or pleasant word or phrase that is used instead of one that is unpleasant or offensive

MY MY , there sure are a lot of racists blacks out there working to keep blacks down.

No I didnt miss it. Where does it say Sherman defined what a thug is? Thats why I asked you to quote it in case I missed it.

Now you're just being intentionally obtuse.

I'd play along, but it's just not working for me.

Sorry

In other words you were wrong and are not adult enough to admit it.

You're welcome to believe whatever you like, and even share it with all those thugs you know. :lol:

MY MY , there sure are a lot of racists blacks out there working to keep blacks down.

i meant the original use, not blacks using the word. i think they are wrong to use it, however, i am not black and i think their purpose is to destroy the power of the word by using it.

I am using the definition in the dictionary. Which one are you using?

Sherman's

So you are confused. Please quote Sherman defining thug. He said thug was an accepted way of calling a Black person the n word.

What he did was make a statement as to how the word seems to be used now.

“The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the n-word nowadays,” Sherman said. “It’s like everyone else said the n-word, and then they say thug and that’s fine. That’s where it kind of takes me back. It’s kind of disappointing because they know. What’s the definition of a thug? Really?”

Y! SPORTS

Technically he defined a current use of the word. It like so many other words has multiple meanings. I have never used it in that manner, but I can see his point.

In other words you were wrong and are not adult enough to admit it.

You're welcome to believe whatever you like, and even share it with all those thugs you know. :lol:

You should have said that from the start instead of starting something you couldn't finish.

If I was wrong about anything, it was that your obtuseness was intentional.

But I'm certainly man enough to own my mistakes and learn from them.

Sherman's

So you are confused. Please quote Sherman defining thug. He said thug was an accepted way of calling a Black person the n word.

“The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the n-word nowadays,” Sherman said. “It’s like everyone else said the n-word, and then they say thug and that’s fine. That’s where it kind of takes me back. It’s kind of disappointing because they know. What’s the definition of a thug? Really?”

Y! SPORTS

Technically he defined a current use of the word. It like so many other words has multiple meanings. I have never used it in that manner, but I can see his point.

If he is not a violent criminal why is he being called a thug? That just doesn't fit. Seems to me that Shermans observation was spot on.

Y! SPORTS

If he is not a violent criminal why is he being called a thug? That just doesn't fit. Seems to me that Shermans observation was spot on.

I wasn't aware that thug meant violent criminal.

Forum List

Back