'Thug' is the New N-Word? lol

I think its about as farcical as calling him a thug or even considering what he did thuggish. Also you never stated what you would consider to be a thug. Notice the difference between thug and thuggish. Lets keep the goal posts where they were.

Not everyone who is a loudmouth shit-talker is a thug, but most thugs are loudmouth shit-talkers. So if in fact a real thug found himself in that situation, I'd expect loudmouth shit-talking similar to Sherman's.

And Yes, thug is a noun while thuggish is an adjective. If you think there is a meaningful distinction between the meaning of the two, I'd say you're splitting hairs.

All the thugs I know are cold blooded silent killers. None of them waste energy being loud. So a real thug in that situation would not have done what Sherman did.

Yes there is a large difference in the terms. Thuggish can be just one attribute of a thug. If all thugs wore black hats then anyone with a black hat could be considered thuggish.

Wait a minute, I thought thug was now a euphemism for ******? :confused:

wait a minute, i thought manifold was now a euphemism for dumb....

thug is not a new term, it does not represent any one group of people

Not everyone who is a loudmouth shit-talker is a thug, but most thugs are loudmouth shit-talkers. So if in fact a real thug found himself in that situation, I'd expect loudmouth shit-talking similar to Sherman's.

And Yes, thug is a noun while thuggish is an adjective. If you think there is a meaningful distinction between the meaning of the two, I'd say you're splitting hairs.

All the thugs I know are cold blooded silent killers. None of them waste energy being loud. So a real thug in that situation would not have done what Sherman did.

Yes there is a large difference in the terms. Thuggish can be just one attribute of a thug. If all thugs wore black hats then anyone with a black hat could be considered thuggish.

The observation was made that it can be. i agree. What is confusing you about this?

The observation was made that it can be. i agree. What is confusing you about this?

I'm not confused, we were simply operating with a different working definition of the word.

Carry on.

I still have not seen the interview that got him labeled a thug and have no intention of watching it. I do not like him due to his actions during the first meeting between the Seahawks and the Niners this year. But I have not seen him do anything that would make me think he was a "thug" whether you use the term in the traditional sense of the word as being a low rate arm-twisting criminal or the new sense of the word as a replacement for the N-word. An arrogant prick seems to fit, but not "thug"

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
To me he wasnt acting like a thug, he was acting like a roided out ball player

Last edited:

Forum List

Back