Tight Wad Syndrome.

Mate27

Jul 20, 2014
Depending on how you feel about real-estate agents, claims about their obsolescence can seem either flat wrong or just early. What is far less dubious is the fact that traditional agents have an increasingly challenging battle to retain their stronghold on local listings as technological and legal threats continue to emerge.

And how is it good that Technology is creating poverty, 3rd world countries and lack of opportunity?

The news is full of stories about consumers such as Stacey Tashjian, who saved thousands of dollars by eschewing traditional real-estate agents. In early 2005, Tashjian plunked down just $600 to list her $580,000 home on Official For Sale by Owner site: Homes for Sale, Sell a House, Buy Real Estate | ForSaleByOwner.com - FSBO and her local multiple listing service, or MLS. When she sold it to a buyer who was similarly sans agent, she saved herself $34,000 in commissions.

What Stacey Tashjian did, was keep $34,000 from sending children to school, putting the food on the table for a HUMAN BEING... and Kept $34,000 out of the hands of somebody who may need an opportunity to have it to live and be independent.
$34,000 that isn't buying a person a new car, or a decent place to live.

$34,000 that didn't get somebody established in their life.

$34,000 essentially STOLEN dollars... because of failing to use the government's money which is what it is... the government printed it for the economy... to support the economy.

Stacey Tashjian robbed the market by getting freebies and discounts and doing it herself and not sharing the wealth, not paying people, and not spreading the economy.

"I'm not putting down Realtors," Tashjian says. "But I don't want to pay them $30,000 to walk people through my house. ... I've always felt that I can sell my own house."

When you don't pay, that's what you do... People need to be paid for their work, a free lunch, is a lunch not had by somebody else, showing the house isn't all of an agent's work, sorry, but the bigotry is a falsehood hatched in the minds of the jealous and stingy.

Technological threats

Catering to Tashjian and consumers like her are a long list of companies and Web sites that allow consumers to do everything from obtain free estimates of their homes' worth (long a reliable lead generator for agents) to buy and sell homes without setting foot in a realty office. In December, Zillow.com, best known for providing online house-value "zestimates," began allowing consumers and pros to list homes on its site for free. Tashjian and consumers everywhere can now:
Choose and pay a la carte only for the services they need, such as listing their home on a Web site or MLS, or the preparation of closing paperwork.
Use a discount broker, who takes a lower commission and, in some cases, pays rebates to buyers.
Go it alone, using free listing sites such as Zillow, Craigslist and Microsoft's Expo to help market their homes. (Microsoft is the publisher of MSN Real Estate.)

Sure there are a whole host of these so called "businesses".... these businesses should be shut down by the government as being illegitimate, because they cut the flow of money, they make it impossible to make a living, and they damage the price structure, and the cost to pay ratio, by making it too expensive to live, and too hard to be paid.

Largely because of the above options, consumers may now have better luck negotiating a lower commission with a traditional agent.

No agent should accept not being paid, or being held stagnant, an agent may only sell 4 or 5 houses a year.... $3,000 is not enough money to live on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back