Tijuana Mayor Reveals How Much The Caravan Costs The City Every Day

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
I'm still wondering where those thousand or so Ozark Trail dome tents came from all of the sudden.

Central_America_Migrant_Caravan_07401

The mayor of Tijuana, Mexico, revealed during an interview with a documentary filmmaker on Thursday just how much the migrant caravan is costing the city each day.

Juan Manuel Gastelum, 64, spoke to Charlie Minn and the details of the interview were reported by Shelby Montgomery of ABC-7 KVIA.

Gastelum announced that the caravan is “hitting us hard. It’s costing us 550,000 pesos a day.” In American dollars, that is the equivalent of approximately $28,000.

In an interview with Milenio Television last month, Gastelum said, “Tijuana is a city of immigrants, but we don’t want them in this way. It was different with the Haitians, they carried papers, they were in order. It wasn’t a horde, pardon the expression.”

Read more at dailycaller.com ...

I'm still wondering where those thousand or so Ozark Trail dome tents came from all of the sudden.

The mayor of Tijuana, Mexico, revealed during an interview with a documentary filmmaker on Thursday just how much the migrant caravan is costing the city each day.

Juan Manuel Gastelum, 64, spoke to Charlie Minn and the details of the interview were reported by Shelby Montgomery of ABC-7 KVIA.

Gastelum announced that the caravan is “hitting us hard. It’s costing us 550,000 pesos a day.” In American dollars, that is the equivalent of approximately $28,000.

In an interview with Milenio Television last month, Gastelum said, “Tijuana is a city of immigrants, but we don’t want them in this way. It was different with the Haitians, they carried papers, they were in order. It wasn’t a horde, pardon the expression.”

$28,000 is hitting them hard? Maybe they ought to go in there, take all of the tents, and kick those people off their property with fire hoses and tanks and send their asses back to Guatemala. Or better yet, they should have defended their southern border and never let them in . . . .

What the heck is going on in Guatemala ?? You know, one would think that if this mess threatens our southern border, and our security here, that we would be heavily invested in finding out what the problem is, and then us being very involved in helping to solve the problem militarily for those poor who are being pushed out if that is the case. Just standing strong behind our border is not enough in my opinion. We need to be proactive across the border in order to solve the issue(s).

What are we scared of ??

Last edited:

That is just chump change compared to what the 15,000 that are just starting out now. I don't see Mexico containing these people, I don't see how Trump is going to stop these people without massive Military protection of the Border. I have come to the conclusion that this is nothing but a invasion to over throw this Nation and we should treat it as such. I would warn everyone of these people that we will shoot anyone who forms up and invades this Nation. Anyone who charges the Border is a enemy combatant

That is just chump change compared to what the 15,000 that are just starting out now. I don't see Mexico containing these people, I don't see how Trump is going to stop these people without massive Military protection of the Border. I have come to the conclusion that this is nothing but a invasion to over throw this Nation and we should treat it as such. I would warn everyone of these people that we will shoot anyone who forms up and invades this Nation. Anyone who charges the Border is a enemy combatant
Just mine the border and put up Messikin pictograms.

Forum List

Back