Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

I just saw the Tebow commercial, and there wasn't really a political message in there at all.

So its not really a big deal. Never mentioned anything about claiming to have an abortion, just said "many people thought he wasn't going to be born or be ok"

So the fuss was for nothing

I just saw the Tebow commercial, and there wasn't really a political message in there at all.

So its not really a big deal. Never mentioned anything about claiming to have an abortion, just said "many people thought he wasn't going to be born or be ok"

For nothing?

I think that with all the hoopla over the ad the last week or so, Focus on the Family got the message out without having to say anything about it... or did the abortion rights lobbyists get the message out for them?

I wonder if they planted a hint on the "message" early just to provoke the lobbyists.

Immie

Last edited:
I think it was CBS that got the message and then gave one to the Fuck the Family group.

For nothing?

I think that with all the hoopla over the ad the last week or so, Focus on the Family got the message out without having to say anything about it... or did the abortion rights lobbyists get the message out for them?

I wonder if they planted a hint on the "message" early just to provoke the lobbyists.

Immie
Very likely. The ad had nothing in it to protest.

Looks like the left just got played big fucking time.

I'm not naive enough to think by making abortions illegal it would stop abortions.
Make up your mind. Do you want abortion to be available or not? Laws are made to be followed, maybe that's news to you? We don't right laws because some maniacs like you want to amke a statement about how they feel about abortion. Especially if that statement is a false one.

My mind has been made up but apparently you're too busy flip flopping with Zoom that you can't understand plain english. Roe V Wade needs to be repealed. Abortions should only be performed when the womans life is in imminent danger and no other options are available. Having said that, and as I've already stated, enacting laws making abortions or anything illegal will not cause the actions to cease. There will always be those that think the laws do not apply to them. But I do beleive it would aid in decreasing the number of abortions. I think abstinence needs to be the focus o
in all sex education classes and a recent federal study concludes that such programs do work.

Study: Abstinence sex ed is effective | Columbus Dispatch Politics

the abstinence program in the study is nothing like the the current federal model.

For nothing?

Immie

Fine, and they didn't change anybody's mind. Maybe many won'tr have abortion themselves, but they will still be pro choice and leave it to the mother

For nothing?

Immie

Fine, and they didn't change anybody's mind. Maybe many won'tr have abortion themselves, but they will still be pro choice and leave it to the mother
Right. If anything, The ad was pro choice. And that's really the issue. leaving the choice up to the woman.

For nothing?

Immie

Right. If anything, The ad was pro choice. And that's really the issue. leaving the choice up to the woman.

But the overall tone of the ad was that of pro-life, or at least that's how it was perceived, and why the left didn't want it aired.

That's the argument here...why would so-called pro choice supporters be against an ad that touched upon the results of one of the two 'choices' in such a situation? Because this choice happened to be life, and those against the ad are not in fact pro-choice, but simply pro-abortion?

But the overall tone of the ad was that of pro-life, or at least that's how it was perceived, and why the left didn't want it aired.

That's the argument here...why would so-called pro choice supporters be against an ad that touched upon the results of one of the two 'choices' in such a situation? Because this choice happened to be life, and those against the ad are not in fact pro-choice, but simply pro-abortion?

The only thing that made it pro life was "Focus on teh Family" at the end. Without that, it could be taken for anything really. ANd I don't think people have a problem with the commercial now that we have seen it. But we know FoFs dirty, lying tactics to push their agenda, so most figured it would be a blaring anti choice commercial. But it wasn't

The objection was to CBS airing an ad on a touchy political issue when CBS claims to be unbiased. The ad is definately anti-abortion, though not overtly anti-choice.
Depends on what you mean by "pro-abortion".
Does "pro-abortion" mean to you a movement to encourage women to abort? Or does it mean a movement to alleviate the stigma some women feel when considering abortion? What does it mean to you?
If it's in opposition to anti-abortion then I would say it means the former.

I think you can be anti abortion but pro choice and pro abortion and likewise be pro abortion and pro choice. People ar also anti abortion and anti choice but I have never heard of anyone being pro-abortion and anti-choice, though there must exist someone somewhere who is.

The only thing that made it pro life was "Focus on teh Family" at the end. Without that, it could be taken for anything really. ANd I don't think people have a problem with the commercial now that we have seen it. But we know FoFs dirty, lying tactics to push their agenda, so most figured it would be a blaring anti choice commercial. But it wasn't
Focus on Family would be better named Fuck the Family.

I wonder if CBS requested Fuck the Family revise the ad after the anti CBS uproar? It's a possibility. Why they would even consider taking this organizations money is beyond common sense but money is money to many executives.

The objection was to CBS airing an ad on a touchy political issue when CBS claims to be unbiased. The ad is definately anti-abortion, though not overtly anti-choice.
Does "pro-abortion" mean to you a movement to encourage women to abort? Or does it mean a movement to alleviate the stigma some women feel when considering abortion? What does it mean to you?

I think you can be anti abortion but pro choice and pro abortion and likewise be pro abortion and pro choice. People ar also anti abortion and anti choice but I have never heard of anyone being pro-abortion and anti-choice, though there must exist someone somewhere who is.

Why is the ad "definitely" anti-abortion? Simply because of fof?

If there are two choices in such a situation, and an ad is created touching upon the choice of life and the results of such, why must it be anti-abortion?

It's pretty sad that one can not purchase ad time to promote the results of their choice, without having to endure such criticism.

Did Planned Parenthood show an ad of their own? I thought I read they were going to . . . .

If there are two choices in such a situation, and an ad is created touching upon the choice of life and the results of such, why must it be anti-abortion?

It's pretty sad that one can not purchase ad time to promote the results of their choice, without having to endure such criticism.
I didn't actually see the ad yet. I've only read descriptions of it and am going by those. So maybe I should do that now. :lol:

Unless Fuck the Family has changed their stance that ad was intended to applaud a woman who decided to take a questionable pregnancy to full term. Between pro and anti that puts them on the anti side.
I think it's great that CBS had to answer to criticism. They need to keep on neutral ground if they want to continue serving a wide audience. Why would you be against criticism? Isn't that free speech? A libertarian kind of thing?

What is your definition of pro abortion and have you ever met anyone who is pro abortion and anti choice?

Forum List

Back