Time did not begin with the Big Bang - Stephen Hawking

You are correct, Mr. Hawkings "Make Money for my Nurse Aides" monthly theories these days are for weak minded.
He knows no one has the balls to tell him to fuck off.
First of all, this is not only Hawking's idea, as he is joined by other physicists in his work.

Secondly, scientists deal in ideas, not cults of personality. If someone were to disagree, they would disagree with a statement and then present evidence against that statement, not against Stephen Hawking.

Of course, the Arostotelians never made the claim that the universe 'is unbounded and finite, therefore you could never reach the beginning, and this could be resolved using imaginary time'. Not ever.
If he's so damn brilliant, how come he can't design a device that makes his voice sound like a voice.

Actually, Hawking has turned down better, more modern voice emulators because he feels the one he uses has become synonymous with being identified with him, so, it was his choice to keep using it.

You are correct, Mr. Hawkings "Make Money for my Nurse Aides" monthly theories these days are for weak minded.
Secondly, scientists deal in ideas, not cults of personality.

sagan2.jpg
th.jpg

First of all, this is not only Hawking's idea, as he is joined by other physicists in his work.

View attachment 180897 View attachment 180898
Inappropriate response... no scientist would agree something is correct, just because one of those men said it.

Inappropriate response... no scientist would agree something is correct, just because one of those men said it.
I see you don't live in the real world.
Try it sometimes.

Try it sometimes.
You seem to know less than nothing abiut science or the scientific process. Your opinions on either are worth the same...less than nothing.

We have so much to learn. I don't think killing off all science funding and accepting a 2,000 year old religion is going to help us find the answers to these questions either.

Thank God no one is doing that.

So how do you define "nothing"?Greg
`
Nothing is the absence of anything. Even a vacuum is something. Nothing means No time/space, No gravity, No electromagnetic or nuclear strong/weak force. It's impossible to even image "nothing."

Therein lies our bias. We can't imagine true nothing, so we postulate that time had to exist.

We have so much to learn. I don't think killing off all science funding and accepting a 2,000 year old religion is going to help us find the answers to these questions either.

Only because you don't have it your way ;)

I would say that you're completely wrong, or that you know nothing about me and thus are completely wrong, or that your hatred has rendered you incapable of understanding others' motivations and thus are completely wrong, but my experience with those who hate like you do indicate that it would be a complete waste of time.

You're simply incapable of conceiving of those of faith who also appreciate and champion scientific advancement. This despite the fact that, until the last century or so, most scientific advancement came from those of faith.

I would say that you're completely wrong, or that you know nothing about me and thus are completely wrong, or that your hatred has rendered you incapable of understanding others' motivations and thus are completely wrong, but my experience with those who hate like you do indicate that it would be a complete waste of time.

You're simply incapable of conceiving of those of faith who also appreciate and champion scientific advancement. This despite the fact that, until the last century or so, most scientific advancement came from those of faith.
I was just teasin'.

By the way, most of everything came from people of faith back then. So you dont really have a point, there.

Try it sometimes.
You seem to know less than nothing abiut science or the scientific process. Your opinions on either are worth the same...less than nothing.
How many billion dollar satellites and they cannot predict the weather more than 15 minutes ahead of time.
Yes, I was checking weather.com all morning and they didn’t know my town was going to be hit until 10:00AM.
Ah, the infallibility of science!
God is laughing.

How many billion dollar satellites and they cannot predict the weather more than 15 minutes ahead of time
Ridiculous anti-science talking point, and completely wrong to boot. You are embarrassing yourself.
You’re just an Internet PhD.
You won’t discuss your credentials other than you’re an atheist.
That’s not a credential.
None of the truth of any of this depends on my credentials or on what Baby Jaysus had for breakfast. You really need to get that through your thick yarmulke.

How many billion dollar satellites and they cannot predict the weather more than 15 minutes ahead of time
Ridiculous anti-science talking point, and completely wrong to boot. You are embarrassing yourself.
That’s not a credential.
None of the truth of any of this depends on my credentials or on what Baby Jaysus had for breakfast. You really need to get that through your thick yarmulke.
Your understanding of information is relevent to any discussion.

I was just teasin'.

By the way, most of everything came from people of faith back then. So you dont really have a point, there.

Sure I do. It is that faith and science are not incompatible.

That’s not a credential.
Your understanding of information is relevent to any discussion.
And my credentials dont determine that, either. Just give it up...I am immune to your religious nutball talking points.

I was just teasin'.

Sure I do. It is that faith and science are not incompatible.
Of course, they do not overlap.

Forum List

Back