Time did not begin with the Big Bang - Stephen Hawking

How many billion dollar satellites and they cannot predict the weather more than 15 minutes ahead of time
Ridiculous anti-science talking point, and completely wrong to boot. You are embarrassing yourself.
You’re just an Internet PhD.
You won’t discuss your credentials other than you’re an atheist.
That’s not a credential.
None of the truth of any of this depends on my credentials or on what Baby Jaysus had for breakfast. You really need to get that through your thick yarmulke.
Your understanding of information is relevent to any discussion.
And my credentials dont determine that, either. Just give it up...I am immune to your religious nutball talking points.
An I am immune to you Linking to a web site that you don't understand simply because you like the headline.

Thank God no one is doing that.
Only because you don't have it your way ;)

I would say that you're completely wrong, or that you know nothing about me and thus are completely wrong, or that your hatred has rendered you incapable of understanding others' motivations and thus are completely wrong, but my experience with those who hate like you do indicate that it would be a complete waste of time.

You're simply incapable of conceiving of those of faith who also appreciate and champion scientific advancement. This despite the fact that, until the last century or so, most scientific advancement came from those of faith.
I was just teasin'.

By the way, most of everything came from people of faith back then. So you dont really have a point, there.

Sure I do. It is that faith and science are not incompatible.
Of course, they do not overlap.
Because the weather report is correct...sometimes.
But you have faith based in it's consistent, measurable, inaccuracy

I would say that you're completely wrong, or that you know nothing about me and thus are completely wrong, or that your hatred has rendered you incapable of understanding others' motivations and thus are completely wrong, but my experience with those who hate like you do indicate that it would be a complete waste of time.

You're simply incapable of conceiving of those of faith who also appreciate and champion scientific advancement. This despite the fact that, until the last century or so, most scientific advancement came from those of faith.
I was just teasin'.

By the way, most of everything came from people of faith back then. So you dont really have a point, there.

Yes, get it all out of your system, crybaby... I can take it...

I was just teasin'.

Yes, get it all out of your system, crybaby... I can take it...
Base on your posts, you can't take it.
I'm just wondering which of your religious leaders, or religion teachers. molested you as a child.

Thank God no one is doing that.

I was just teasin'.

Actually, several Biblical writers displayed a grasp of science the "modern" world didn't discover until just recently. Things like light before stars, the hydrological cycle, life in the sea before land, rabbits being ruminants, etc.

Actually, several Biblical writers displayed a grasp of science the "modern" world didn't discover until just recently. Things like light before stars, the hydrological cycle, life in the sea before land, rabbits being ruminants, etc.
That is not a "grasp of science"...are you mad? Science is a process. Those were ignorant philosophers recylcing old myths. For every myth that accidentally resembled some bit of hard-earned scientific knowledge, there were thousands that remain utter horseshit. So to think there is anything in play here besides a bit of coincidence and a lot of mental gymnastics on your part is folly.

That is not a "grasp of science"...are you mad? Science is a process. Those were ignorant philosophers recylcing old myths. For every myth that accidentally resembled some bit of hard-earned scientific knowledge, there were thousands that remain utter horseshit. So to think there is anything in play here besides a bit of coincidence and a lot of mental gymnastics on your part is folly.
It was funny watching "modern" science mock the fact that rabbits are ruminants and that light existed before stars until they were forced to admit they were wrong. So, which old myth informed the writer that talked about the hydrological cycle?

It was funny watching "modern" science mock the fact that rabbits are ruminants and that light existed before stars until they were forced to admit they were wrong. So, which old myth informed the writer that talked about the hydrological cycle?
The writer, of course, knew exactly nothing about the early universe or the hydrological cycle. They said and wrote mountains of utterly absurd things, and doing mental gymnastics to try to snap-fit their absurd nonsense to hard earned scientific knowledge is a ridiculous hobby. Enjoy.

The writer, of course, knew exactly nothing about the early universe or the hydrological cycle. They said and wrote mountains of utterly absurd things, and doing mental gymnastics to try to snap-fit their absurd nonsense to hard earned scientific knowledge is a ridiculous hobby. Enjoy.
You're saying the ancient Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Romans didn't have a grasp of advanced math and applied methods of accomplishing enormous tasks like irrigation and building structures?
You are an arrogant ass who obviously cherry picks the sites you read.

You're saying the ancient Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Romans didn't have a grasp of advanced math and applied methods of accomplishing enormous tasks like irrigation and building structures
No, and I have no idea where you got this. How about, you religious freaks keep each other occupied and let the adults talk for a while?

You're saying the ancient Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Romans didn't have a grasp of advanced math and applied methods of accomplishing enormous tasks like irrigation and building structures?

The arrogance of the modern mind, pretending anything we discover was never thought of before.

So, you don't have a myth then? Just made it up? One thinks you don't even know what passage I'm talking about.

You're saying the ancient Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Romans didn't have a grasp of advanced math and applied methods of accomplishing enormous tasks like irrigation and building structures
No, and I have no idea where you got this. How about, you religious freaks keep each other occupied and let the adults talk for a while?
Ever try reading what you post?
What does religion have to do with the fact that there are so many Observant Jews winning Nobel Prizes in Science on an annual basis?

The arrogance of the modern mind, pretending anything we discover was never thought of before.
Phart Moron In Diana's MO is to never present his own ideas.
He provides a Link and thinks he has some insight that others lack.

Hawkings says nothing new here.
The Universe has a beginning.
The beginning defies the Laws of Physics.
The Universe will stop growing and implode.
Seriously, what's new?
My Rabbis have discussed this a million times.
What doesn't match the Genesis story?
Why am I finding Phart to be stupider with every post?

Seriously, what's new?
Introducing imaginary time which is finite yet boundless to resolve a dilemma of big bang theory.
Because the initiation of the process defies the Laws of Physics, so does the end of the process.
When you don't believe in Scripture (not the way Christians study it) this seems to be a new idea...it isn't.
By the way, time doesn't exist and we don't exist.

So how do you define "nothing"?Greg
`
Nothing is the absence of anything. Even a vacuum is something. Nothing means No time/space, No gravity, No electromagnetic or nuclear strong/weak force. It's impossible to even image "nothing."

Therein lies our bias. We can't imagine true nothing, so we postulate that time had to exist.
Do you know our sun may have once had a sister star? And the earth may be a second generation planet. The truth is so much more interesting

Forum List

Back