Time did not begin with the Big Bang - Stephen Hawking

Can Hawkins give us the exact time that time started snd was it am or pm
Mathematically they can tell you the exact second the Big Bang occurred and they’ve broken down what happened in that second. They broke the second into millionths. I believe they have a machine in cern, Switzerland that can recreate the Big Bang. It’s huge. Watch how the universe works
You got a Link?
Google isn't helpful on this one.
How the universe works. The first second episode. Impossible you can’t find it

Mathematically they can tell you the exact second the Big Bang occurred and they’ve broken down what happened in that second. They broke the second into millionths. I believe they have a machine in cern, Switzerland that can recreate the Big Bang. It’s huge. Watch how the universe works
You got a Link?
I found it quickly. Are you sure you tried?

Look, let me spare you this trolling:

You are not sure what he is demanding from you, and he knows this. So he will do what he is doing right now for 30 pages, if you will come along. This is how he makes himself feel like he has won., when he goes, "haha! Told ya!"... just let him flail, when he gets like this...

It’s very simple math. They know what the universe looked like 100,000 years after the Big Bang. Based on the math they can tell you when the Big Bang happened. They can even account for excelleration.

Now how do they do this? I don’t know exactly I’m not a scientist but I’m also not a skeptic.

You are not sure what he is demanding from you, and he knows this. So he will do what he is doing right now for 30 pages, if you will come along. This is how he makes himself feel like he has won., when he goes, "haha! Told ya!"... just let him flail, when he gets like this...
Do you think he understands Planck time? Wow cause I sure dont.

The amount of time light takes to travel a Planck length? It's , in essence, a "quantum" of time, for us.

Last edited:

The amount of time light takes to travel a Planck length? It's , in essence, a "quanta" of time, for us.
Not a google?

The amount of time light takes to travel a Planck length? It's , in essence, a "quanta" of time, for us.
Not a google?
Planck Time – Energy

There is a plethora of evidence that the universe had a beginning and ZERO evidence that it is eternal.
But here's whereyou are missing the point:

It seems to have had a beginning to us observers, confined inside this instance of a universe. But , just because it appears so to us does not make it so. Hawking is referring to an asymptotic approach to the beginning of time, if one travels backwards in time. This is something that is generally agreed upon by all physicists. The new info here (for the layman) is that the issue of no true beginning/ppearance of beginning has been mathematically solved, with the solution relying on the boundlessness of time.

Time is a dimension, or have you forgotten that. How can you have time, when no other dimensions exist? Hawking is wrong more often than he is correct, so the fact that he postulates this thought doesn't make it so....

You got a Link?
How the universe works. The first second episode. Impossible you can’t find it
I apologize; I missed the end of your last post.
I found it.

It's good to have a career like a meteorologist or a theoretical physicist where nothing you say has to be true.

How can you have time, when no other dimensions exist?
For one, there is no singularity at the beginning. Second, you don't necessarily have time, you have imaginary time. Read the whole lecture. ;)

The rest of your post was used car salesman-like... and lighten up Francis, it's just a proposal.

Last edited:
It’s very simple math. They know what the universe looked like 100,000 years after the Big Bang. Based on the math they can tell you when the Big Bang happened. They can even account for excelleration.

Now how do they do this? I don’t know exactly I’m not a scientist but I’m also not a skeptic.
Thanks to Hubble, scientists are getting very close to the actual age of the universe and will be able reverse engineer the beginning as best they can.

How can you have time, when no other dimensions exist?
For one, there is no singularity at the beginning. Second, you don't necessarily have time, you have imaginary time. Read the whole lecture. ;)

The rest of your post was used car salesman-like... and lighten up Francis, it's just a proposal.

"Imaginary time" is NOT time. That's my point....and I did.

So how do you define "nothing"?Greg
`
Nothing is the absence of anything. Even a vacuum is something. Nothing means No time/space, No gravity, No electromagnetic or nuclear strong/weak force. It's impossible to even image "nothing."

Therein lies our bias. We can't imagine true nothing, so we postulate that time had to exist.
Do you know our sun may have once had a sister star? And the earth may be a second generation planet. The truth is so much more interesting

That's why I love science. It bolsters my faith.

`
Nothing is the absence of anything. Even a vacuum is something. Nothing means No time/space, No gravity, No electromagnetic or nuclear strong/weak force. It's impossible to even image "nothing."

Therein lies our bias. We can't imagine true nothing, so we postulate that time had to exist.
Do you know our sun may have once had a sister star? And the earth may be a second generation planet. The truth is so much more interesting

When you see how everything worked out perfectly for our solar system and we see no other systems like ours, I can see how people’s instincts would lead them to believe in divine intervention but then as a scientist we see that we won’t always be in the sweet spot. Mars may have harbored life before us. And there may be living organisms in Europa.

And we really don’t know enough about other solar systems to be able to say. It may be life eventually pops up around most stars. Maybe 5 billion years ago and maybe 5 billion in the future.

I just don’t assume a god did anything. I’d rather look for how something was done naturally

`

When you see how everything worked out perfectly for our solar system and we see no other systems like ours, I can see how people’s instincts would lead them to believe in divine intervention but then as a scientist we see that we won’t always be in the sweet spot. Mars may have harbored life before us. And there may be living organisms in Europa.

And we really don’t know enough about other solar systems to be able to say. It may be life eventually pops up around most stars. Maybe 5 billion years ago and maybe 5 billion in the future.

I just don’t assume a god did anything. I’d rather look for how something was done naturally

I don't really have an opinion about life elsewhere in the universe, but yes, when I see the astronomical odds against even a hemoglobin molecule randomly assembling itself, it does strengthen my faith.

`

I don't really have an opinion about life elsewhere in the universe, but yes, when I see the astronomical odds against even a hemoglobin molecule randomly assembling itself, it does strengthen my faith.

Well I don't know about "random" assembly but I do know when the conditions are right life takes hold.

When a star blows up it spews all the elements needed into the universe. This is how our solar system came to be.

Elements Of Life Discovered Everywhere In The Milky Way

Europa, Jupiter's icy moon, meets not one but two of the critical requirements for life, scientists say.

the ocean regularly receives influxes of the energy required for life via chaotic processes near the moon's surface.

These dynamic lakes, which melt and refreeze over the course of hundreds of thousands or millions of years, lie beneath as much as 50 percent of Europa's surface

Europa's liquid water ocean "meets one of the critical requirements for life," Hoehler said, noting that its ocean chemistry is believed to be suitable for sustaining living things. "And what you're hearing about today from Britney bears on a second crucial requirement, and that is the requirement for energy."

The genesis of life on Earth is thought to have required some sort of injection of energy into the ocean perhaps from a lightning strike. And during the 3.8 billion years since then, life's existence has depended on the continuous influx of energy from the sun.

Europan life isn't a done deal just yet, though. Water and energy aren't the only ingredients on the checklist for life , and scientists aren't sure whether Europa has the others, such as the necessary organic chemicals.

What would life on Europa do for your faith? Why?

Forum List

Back