Time For An English Only Law.

The extremely obese Hispanic woman that didn't speak American that ran a stop sign and crashed into me was having a diabetic seizure. Que? I don't care. I can't communicate with her and that was HER fault, her illness precluded her from driving (she didn't have insurance OR a legal drivers licence, either). So I am screwed for the damage AND we have to pay for her medical treatment TOO, because some fat ass illegal incompetent creep has rights? Love that. Que?
Find out if she was a Mexican national. MaryL then join Trump and all other families he supports in suing Mexico.
Claim land along the Mexican side of the border as restitution and assign all undocumented nationals to claim residency there, where they can earn dual citizenship in exchange for working off and paying back for all debts damages and violations.
I voted trump, sorry kids. I don't want a wall, EITHER. I just want immigration laws enforced, particularly against exploitative employers that created this sorry mess to begin with. And, if you are here illegally, at least acclimate and learn English. Don't thumb your noses at us ,antagonize us in Spanish and pretend you are a victim. Acclimate.

You think 'they' are all talking about you, right? Maybe about your weight?
Read you the first time, fat shaming is evil. I weigh 135 lbs wet. You? Why can't Mexicans speak English in America? If they want to pretend they are still in Mexico, and not acclimate, and just piss off Americans they are doing a great job. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could communicate with each other to practice the first amendment in the fist person? none of that hochie cochee allah ballala double talk. Like what we are doing here NOW.

Racism, or what I prefer to call natural reality, is the answer. To most mexicans, you are just a worthless gringo. Many mexicans are also members of "LaRaza." (The Race) Or they are supporters of it. (Though they may tell you otherwise) If White morons simply embraced racism and shipped them off, that would be the end of the problem.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the U.S. has become a dual language country. There are about 80 Spanish channels on cable TV. Many phone numbers you call will also have a Spanish option. I have a niece who applied for a job at a fast food restaurant once. But they wouldn't hire her because she wasn't bi-lingual. This isn't the kind of "America" I want. I say it is time to roll up the red carpet and put it away. Make the U.S. an English language only country!

If America were to adopt English as its one and only official language, it would have NOTHING to do with the examples you provided. Those are private enterprises, who are free to pursue/accommodate customers whose first language is not English.

If the Federal government, or any state government, were to adopt English, all it would mean is that official government publications, election material, etc, would be in English only. I'm all for that.

If you're suggesting we should enforce English only on private businesses, I pass.

Nobody conducting any kind of business in the U.S. that doesn't use English should be conducting business in the U.S.

"Shouldn't" be or shall not? The former is your opinion, that latter involves mandatory enforcement by armed government agents. That would be fascism.

Every form of government that has ever existed throughout history has had the right and duty to protect their borders. And have often done so. With "armed government agents" or whatever. So blow it out your ass.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the U.S. has become a dual language country. There are about 80 Spanish channels on cable TV. Many phone numbers you call will also have a Spanish option. I have a niece who applied for a job at a fast food restaurant once. But they wouldn't hire her because she wasn't bi-lingual. This isn't the kind of "America" I want. I say it is time to roll up the red carpet and put it away. Make the U.S. an English language only country!

Maybe it's not the kind of America you want, but there are other people in America. Maybe a lot of people don't want to get shot, but too many people think it's important that some people get taken out with guns every so often.

It isn't the kind of America that any White person should want. Also, whos talking about shooting anybody. (Unless they are spotted crossing the border) What I am talking about is just deportation. As for the "some people" you mention, one of them was Thomas Jefferson. He once said basically that from time to time, the tree of liberty would need to be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Maybe it's not the kind of America you want, but there are other people in America. Maybe a lot of people don't want to get shot, but too many people think it's important that some people get taken out with guns every so often.

It isn't the kind of America that any White person should want. Also, whos talking about shooting anybody. (Unless they are spotted crossing the border) What I am talking about is just deportation. As for the "some people" you mention, one of them was Thomas Jefferson. He once said basically that from time to time, the tree of liberty would need to be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

why should America be a country that only White people want?

Just because others want what White people have, that doesn't mean you should give it to them.

If everything is English only how would I order a burrito or a gyro?

:dunno:

When mexicans ask for a pizza, do they say pizza?

Yes.

Then the same would hold for an American asking for a burrito or gyro.

No, it wouldn't because they are foreign words. You going to outlaw foreign language use in movies too? Burn books with foreign words in them?

Well isn't pizza a foreign word to a mexican?

Just because others want what White people have, that doesn't mean you should give it to them.

You do understand that this country was made with Immigrants of all colors?

You do understand that this country was made with Immigrants of all colors?

For the most part, those immigrants were White Europeans. Which is the way it should remain.

If America were to adopt English as its one and only official language, it would have NOTHING to do with the examples you provided. Those are private enterprises, who are free to pursue/accommodate customers whose first language is not English.

If the Federal government, or any state government, were to adopt English, all it would mean is that official government publications, election material, etc, would be in English only. I'm all for that.

If you're suggesting we should enforce English only on private businesses, I pass.

Nobody conducting any kind of business in the U.S. that doesn't use English should be conducting business in the U.S.

"Shouldn't" be or shall not? The former is your opinion, that latter involves mandatory enforcement by armed government agents. That would be fascism.

Every form of government that has ever existed throughout history has had the right and duty to protect their borders. And have often done so. With "armed government agents" or whatever. So blow it out your ass.

Whoa, what set you off? I was engaging you respectfully, likely in agreement, and you attack? Why?

Further, we were not discussing border security, we were talking about English as the national language and the extent to which that should be mandatory.

My goodness you're angry. What's wrong?

Whoa, what set you off? I was engaging you respectfully, likely in agreement, and you attack? Why?

Further, we were not discussing border security, we were talking about English as the national language and the extent to which that should be mandatory.

You seemed to bring up border security when you talked about mandatory enforcement by armed government agents. It doesn't really matter if it is at the border or in the interior where infiltration has already happened. The end result is the same. You also defame Fascism. And Fascism is just what we need. Democracy sure as hell isn't cutting it.

You believe that the government should impose restrictions on individual liberty by forcing people to speak one language.

Clearly, you are a communist.

Why do you hate liberty and America so much?

Go back to Russia, commie!

You seemed to bring up border security when you talked about mandatory enforcement by armed government agents. It doesn't really matter if it is at the border or in the interior where infiltration has already happened. The end result is the same. You also defame Fascism. And Fascism is just what we need. Democracy sure as hell isn't cutting it.

You are a communist fascist who hates individual liberty, freedom and America.

Go back to Russia, loser!

the white supremacists got 2 million fewer votes in this election. you don't get to enact your bigotry and lunacy.
Some people will believe anything propagated by the so-called media. Do you believe multilingual media hype, or do you believe only English-language hype?

Your first sentence is right. One of the bullshit things propagated by the media is that having the U.S. be bi-lingual is ok.
I have no problem if individuals wish to be multi-lingual. I and tri-lingual. I have nieces who are bi-lingual due to multi-lingual parents. But to require, or force, or otherwise coerce US citizens to learn anything other than English, that goes too far. To require those claiming desire to settle here to speak English well enough to function in normal society, that should be a prerequisite to their acceptance. You want to interact with other nationalities, you should attempt to speak the language of the people you would visit. Hence: I chose to live, and work, in Germany. I once spoke German fluently (although I've had little enough practice since I last visited). My job required I read and understand Russian, so I learned that, too. If someone wishes to visit here, at least know enough English to find a toilet and order a meal. If they want to work or live here, learn the language.

You believe that the government should impose restrictions on individual liberty by forcing people to speak one language.

No I think the government should impose restrictions on those who aren't American and give me the liberty to not have to put up with those who don't even speak my fucking language! Also, I don't want to force people to speak English. It's just that seeing how most people here do and have always done, anybody being here should be required to speak it. If they don't want to, the solution is easy. STAY THE FUCK AWAY!

It would appear that he believes that government should perform the function of enforcing laws already on the books by rounding up and removing people who broke the law by coming here without proper permission and stayed here without proper documentation.

Forum List

Back