Time to Get Serious About the Election?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Trump is going to be the Republican Nominee, by virtue of receiving more votes than anyone else. Are you going to ignore these voters? Are you going to sit out the election? Are you going to help Hillary Clinton become the next President of the United States?

Are you truly concerned about the direction of our country, or just a bystander? Isn't it time to get serious?

Trump is going to be the Republican Nominee, by virtue of receiving more votes than anyone else. Are you going to ignore these voters? Are you going to sit out the election? Are you going to help Hillary Clinton become the next President of the United States?

Are you truly concerned about the direction of our country, or just a bystander? Isn't it time to get serious?

Like they stood behind McCain to keep Obama out of the WH, and Romney to remove him from the WH?

Trump / Cruz vs Sanders / Clinton and with Christie GOP for Trump and Romney GOP for Cruz if this should win election year 2016.

I'm afraid I just don't equate "vote for Trump" with "getting serious". Not my carnival, not my sideshow freak.

I will vote for Ted Cruz in my state's primary. If he is not the Republican candidate, I will vote for whoever is the candidate . . . so long as it's not Donald Trump. If the candidate is Donald Trump, I will write in Cruz and thank God my state allows write-in votes.

And I will not be accepting delivery on any loads of guilt about "if you write-in, you're giving Hillary the Presidency!" No, if the Trumpettes insist on making him the candidate "So THERE!" while ignoring the vast numbers of people who clearly and repeatedly tell them that they will not support that decision, then THEY have made Hillary President.

My vote does not exist for me to throw it onto the "flavor of the moment" bandwagon. It exists for me to cast for someone who would be a good President. Donald Trump is not that person.

Like they stood behind McCain to keep Obama out of the WH, and Romney to remove him from the WH?

I voted for Romney, although I thought he was a "meh" candidate. He was a good guy, and would have made an acceptable officeholder. I hate McCain on a visceral level, and I voted third-party that election, because I would rather be tortured by thumbscrews than vote for him for anything.

I am utterly dead serious when I say that I WILL NOT vote for a bad candidate, and I do not vote AGAINST candidates; I vote affirmatively. Always.

Time to get serious how?

I am seriously enjoying watching the GOP disintegrate over this election- at the same time the most liberal GOP candidate in decades is blowing away the conservatives.

Forum List

Back