Time to go public with Soleimani attack intel

agreed but there are so many details that need to be considered. Like who was responsible and what the appropriate level of response is and how it effects our allies and troops and foreign agenda etc

It was bold to kill one of their top generals, but the guy was a scumbag.

I have a 19 YO son who is not in college, he has his own e-commerce business and the last thing I want is a full scale war with a draft. Don’t think it will happen, but international relations are a touchy business.

I wonder if the Iranian citizens are critical of their government for their surrogate attack on our Iraq embassy.
I get that the guy was a scumbag from how we know him, but have you seen the funerals going on? There’s a sea of people who saw this guy as their great defender who battled and beat ISIS. I’m sure any sympathy for the embassy attack was long gone after we killed this guy. You see the night and day difference in media coverage from our free country??? I’m sure you don’t trust much of it... well imagine what media the people over there are being fed to shape their reality. I doubt they have the same access it info as we do and the odds of it to be fair and accurate ain’t good. Think about it.
This whole thing is a mess. The least we can do is release the intel we had about the imminent attack so we can show that we were protecting ourselves from this guy. If that story is bunk then we have problems.
Their media refers to the US as the Great Satan.

I do not think it matters what actions we take in general - the US is demonized in Iran as a matter of course.
Yet Obama got them to make a deal with the great satan. Steps were taken towards a better relationship. After this crap I don’t know if or how long it would take to repair a working relationship
The Mullahs bent Barry over and told him to grab his ankles while they had their way with him one by one.
No they didn’t

I have a 19 YO son who is not in college, he has his own e-commerce business and the last thing I want is a full scale war with a draft. Don’t think it will happen, but international relations are a touchy business.

I wonder if the Iranian citizens are critical of their government for their surrogate attack on our Iraq embassy.
I get that the guy was a scumbag from how we know him, but have you seen the funerals going on? There’s a sea of people who saw this guy as their great defender who battled and beat ISIS. I’m sure any sympathy for the embassy attack was long gone after we killed this guy. You see the night and day difference in media coverage from our free country??? I’m sure you don’t trust much of it... well imagine what media the people over there are being fed to shape their reality. I doubt they have the same access it info as we do and the odds of it to be fair and accurate ain’t good. Think about it.
This whole thing is a mess. The least we can do is release the intel we had about the imminent attack so we can show that we were protecting ourselves from this guy. If that story is bunk then we have problems.

I do not think it matters what actions we take in general - the US is demonized in Iran as a matter of course.
Yet Obama got them to make a deal with the great satan. Steps were taken towards a better relationship. After this crap I don’t know if or how long it would take to repair a working relationship
The Mullahs bent Barry over and told him to grab his ankles while they had their way with him one by one.
No they didn’t
Yep. For months.

Really? Quote me when I said that. Oh you can’t? Ok. STFU
Ok.
If I’m spitballing I’d work with the Iraq government and military to break it up. If I wanted to send a message id take out a headquarters, military base or funding source for those responsible
You think drone bombing a top general is no big deal but blowing up a military base will start WW3?!
You think killing a terrorist will start WWIII, but blowing up Iranian military bases won’t?
again not my words, you have serious comprehension issues. I think killing a high ranking general could start a war with the country that general served for. If Canada dropped a maple bomb on McMaster you best bet Canada’s gonna get fucked up.
So, you are equating McMaster with the scum leader of a designated terrorist organization? I expect no better from America hating fuckwits.
im equating the way we feel about McMaster with the way Iranian people appear to feel about Soleimani... did you not understand that. Do I need to explain everything to you like a grade schooler?

You think drone bombing a top general is no big deal but blowing up a military base will start WW3?!
You think killing a terrorist will start WWIII, but blowing up Iranian military bases won’t?
again not my words, you have serious comprehension issues. I think killing a high ranking general could start a war with the country that general served for. If Canada dropped a maple bomb on McMaster you best bet Canada’s gonna get fucked up.
So, you are equating McMaster with the scum leader of a designated terrorist organization? I expect no better from America hating fuckwits.
im equating the way we feel about McMaster with the way Iranian people appear to feel about Soleimani... did you not understand that. Do I need to explain everything to you like a grade schooler?
Who cares how people feel about a terrorist leader, besides you?

Did we care about how Bin Laden’s followers felt?

Bin Laden was not a general officer in a country's military...there is no comparison in the two events.

Bin Laden was not a general officer in a country's military...there is no comparison in the two events.
Both were terrorist leaders, despite your worship of one.

I worship neither. I am merely presenting the facts, you know those things that you despise so very much

I worship neither. I am merely presenting the facts, you know those things that you despise so very much
You have never been introduced to facts, Terrorist Lover.

You have never been introduced to facts, Terrorist Lover.

I have presented the facts and you have ignored them....but that is what all Trump worshipers do.

Ironically I have never said we should not have killed the dude...but you are too fucking stupid to pay attention to what people are actually posting

That terrorist POS should have been taken out a long time ago. However, I am an isolationist, so I am somewhat torn.

There must be repercussions for attacking our embassy.
agreed but there are so many details that need to be considered. Like who was responsible and what the appropriate level of response is and how it effects our allies and troops and foreign agenda etc

It's the rest of the world that matters - not Iran. If the rest of the world thinks that the US might kill their leaders at any time, they'll be looking for any opportunity to end us. Wouldn't you?
Perhaps but this is an argument from extremes - the rest of the world is not worried we will take out their leadership.

I am torn on this action because escalation is counter to my core principals here but so is ignoring those that are actively engaging in hostilities with the US. What we have here is one of the most active terrorists in the area. Being part of Iran's government does not shield him from that reality. Ignoring those actions is not a tenable response.

my point has nothing to do with whether you care or not. Yet something else that goes right over your head. Where did you got your edication from cuz it ain’t workin tu guud

It's the rest of the world that matters - not Iran. If the rest of the world thinks that the US might kill their leaders at any time, they'll be looking for any opportunity to end us. Wouldn't you?
Perhaps but this is an argument from extremes - the rest of the world is not worried we will take out their leadership.

I am torn on this action because escalation is counter to my core principals here but so is ignoring those that are actively engaging in hostilities with the US. What we have here is one of the most active terrorists in the area. Being part of Iran's government does not shield him from that reality. Ignoring those actions is not a tenable response.
ignoring and drone bombing are not the only options. And if In fact drone bombing is the best solution then there are better ways to go about it than what was done.

Last edited:

my point has nothing to do with whether you care or not. Yet something else that goes right over your head. Where did you got your edication from cuz it ain’t workin tu guud
Who is talking about what I care about? You worrying about the feelings of the people following this terrorist is the topic.

ignoring and drone bombing are not the only options. And if I’m fact drone bombing is the best solution the. There are better ways to go about it than what was done.
What would those be?

There is little comparison of the aftermath of the event. I think there is a lot of comparison as to the act itself.

Who is talking about what I care about? You worrying about the feelings of the people following this terrorist is the topic.
Nope, your still missing the point. My worrying about other people’s feelings has nothing to do with it. Keep digging you’ll figure it out.

Nope, your still missing the point. My worrying about other people’s feelings has nothing to do with it. Keep digging you’ll figure it out.
No thanks, I’m having fun LMFAO at your concern over the feelings of your fellow terrorist lovers.

There is little comparison of the aftermath of the event. I think there is a lot of comparison as to the act itself.

I think there is very little comparison at either end.

OBL when he was killed was purely a vengeance killing, there was no strategic value to it. I am not saying this as a bad thing, the man needed to die. If the reports are true, there was strategic value to taking out Soleimani.

OBL was not part of anyone's military and never was. Soleimani is a general in a country's army, this is not insignificant. I am not saying it alone means we should not kill him, but it does change the the expected responses.

Pakistan had knowledge of our mission and gave permission to fly in their airspace to take out OBL. Iraq was not told and gave no approval.

There is really just nothing the same between the two events.

OBL when he was killed was purely a vengeance killing, there was no strategic value to it. I am not saying this as a bad thing, the man needed to die. If the reports are true, there was strategic value to taking out Soleimani.

OBL was not part of anyone's military and never was. Soleimani is a general in a country's army, this is not insignificant. I am not saying it alone means we should not kill him, but it does change the the expected responses.

Pakistan had knowledge of our mission and gave permission to fly in their airspace to take out OBL. Iraq was not told and gave no approval.

Pakistan knew nothing about Obama’s violation of their airspace to assassinate Bin Laden.

Pakistan knew nothing about Obama’s violation of their airspace to assassinate Bin Laden.

Wrong again, at least you are consistent.

Pakistan army knew about operation against Osama bin Laden

Pakistani officials have told GlobalPost that the Pakistani army had full knowledge of the U.S. raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden and that it played a larger role in the operation than previously acknowledged.

Forum List

Back