Time to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices

I was willing to take a wait and see position on the TRUMPCourt

They said they would honor Judicial precedence and not legislate from the Bench.
I expected a Conservative court but a court that would not run roughshod over individual rights

Completely discarding Roe v Wade, eroding Miranda protections, restricting states from regulating gun possession all run contrary to the Will of We the People.

Democrats have six months to abandon the Senate Filibuster and legally change the number of Supreme Court Justices
You're like clockwork, aren't you?

They said they would honor Judicial precedence and not legislate from the Bench.
I expected a Conservative court but a court that would not run roughshod over individual rights

Completely discarding Roe v Wade, eroding Miranda protections, restricting states from regulating gun possession all run contrary to the Will of We the People.

Democrats have six months to abandon the Senate Filibuster and legally change the number of Supreme Court Justices
No.

Suck on it, loser.

You are not very good at math
1656082850200.png

Sure, let's add 5 more like Thomas. That would be about right.

I would respectfully disagree with regards to gun possession and abortion.

With abortion, that question now goes back to the states where, presumably, "we the people" reside. I'm a pro-choice proponent, but I've never believed it should have Constitutional protection.

For gun possession, the 2nd Amendment was the only Constitutionally protected right for which a person had to show just cause to exercise. That's just wrong. Do we ask those who wish to speak to demonstrate that what they want to say needs to be said? Of course not. That would be silly.

I do, however, believe that a police officer should always be required to advise someone of their rights. I haven't read the opinion on that one, but it'll be interesting to see the logic behind that decision.

As for the broader question of increasing the number of Justices, I also have to disagree with you. It's evident that you believe that number should be increased simply because you don't like the decisions it's handed down. Well, too bad. That's our system, and the system has served us well for 233 years...

No, the Constitution did that.

The Right to Bear Arms is a right endowed to us by Almighty God.

God had nothing to do with us being granted the rights we have. That was done by men.

Of course, if you'd like to show me the words "Almighty God" in the Constitution, I'd be willing to reconsider...

This is just an opening salvo for Republicans

It is now obvious that the TRUMPCourt is at their service to rubber stamp any laws that restrict personal freedoms and support unrestricted Corporate Power

Republicans will now move to a nationwide ban on abortions
Look for Republicans to revoke Gay Marriage rights
Look for an expansion of gun access
Look for diminished worker protections
Look for elimination of environmental regulations

Time to end the TRUMPCourt
Expand the number of Justices

As for the broader question of increasing the number of Justices, I also have to disagree with you. It's evident that you believe that number should be increased simply because you don't like the decisions it's handed down. Well, too bad. That's our system, and the system has served us well for 233 years...
We had a system where the Senate expeditiously filled Supreme Court vacancies.
Republicans were willing to have a court with 8 Justices for a year

Why not 13 Justices ?

It is now obvious that the TRUMPCourt is at their service to rubber stamp any laws that restrict personal freedoms and support unrestricted Corporate Power

Paranoia reigns supreme.

Why not 13 Justices ?
Sure, let's add 4 new justices just like Thomas. That would be about right.

Why not 13 Justices ?

The better question, since you're the one who wants it, is "Why?"

Why not 13 Justices ?

Wouldn't make a difference as far as the Abortion Racket. This is now settled law, and all of the justices are supposed to honor it.

The TRUMPCourt has sent a clear message to Republican legislators

WE HAVE YOUR BACK

Any legislation that has been held back because of previous Court decisions is now fair game

The TRUMPCourt is clearly unwilling to support personal freedoms and is deaf to the Will of the People

No, fascist.

The TRUMPCourt has sent a clear message to Republican legislators

WE HAVE YOUR BACK

Any legislation that has been held back because of previous Court decisions is now fair game

The TRUMPCourt is clearly unwilling to support personal freedoms and is deaf to the Will of the People
Paranoia reigns supreme.

Paranoia reigns supreme.

Here it comes….

Justice Clarence Thomas said the court should reconsider rulings that protect access to contraception, same-sex relationships, and same-sex marriage.

Here it comes….

Bad law needs to be overturned and brought into compliance with the Constitution, not the other way around. We have had decades of activist courts stretching, twisting, pulling, and sometimes even referencing foreign law in attempts to circumvent the plain meaning of the Constitution.

Forum List

Back