Time to leave

I decided long ago......that if you want serious discussion with differing viewpoints.....go to a more regulated forum or one with adult members.

Then come here for entertainment purposes,

What about the invite only thread?
Or the CDZ?

The brawling can be quite fun. Even creative. And some of it can be metaphors for the truth. For example, I “get” MikeTX.

The sordid morbid gratuitous trolling and derailing of reasonable threads is the thing. No political point to it. Other than a weird flavour of the day obsession with certain posters.

Well I am so glad you cleared that up about 'metaphor'.......cause nobody 'gets' Mike :cuckoo:

It was his doughnuts that did it.

I was on the floor. :laughing0301:

I decided long ago......that if you want serious discussion with differing viewpoints.....go to a more regulated forum or one with adult members.

Or the CDZ?

The brawling can be quite fun. Even creative. And some of it can be metaphors for the truth. For example, I “get” MikeTX.

The sordid morbid gratuitous trolling and derailing of reasonable threads is the thing. No political point to it. Other than a weird flavour of the day obsession with certain posters.

Well I am so glad you cleared that up about 'metaphor'.......cause nobody 'gets' Mike :cuckoo:

Mike's got doughnuts???? Probably with sprinkles

Or the CDZ?

They looked home made to me. In a wonky oven.

I've been at this since 2002 on four boards...some under several aliases. On one board, they gave up on trying to moderate us and marooned us from public view. My leadership savvy quickly made me the yard boss without any real power other than group condemnation. The leftists had their own bullies and it worked quite well but with no new blood it got hard to come up with interesting exchanges. Everybody hated everybody else in the end and the board was finally closed. A migration to a new board followed and many swore they'd never let the new home turn into the kind of savagery we had where we came from. We quickly ran off the board regulars and took over. Management tried to PAY us stay with a certain number of posts getting the writer a $100 on Paypal. So of course both gangs posted multiple one and two word posts, as many as 100 a day so by the end of the week they owed dozens of us $100. Then they refused to pay. Oh oh....can't have that so we drove them out and a new owner claimed he bought the board without buying the indebtedness. There are maybe 20 posters left there....tumbleweeds blowing through the streets.

The secret is to maintain quality of your posts and don't take any crap from anybody. Pretty soon your foes will discover messing with you is a fool's errand because you'll destroy them. My advantage I suppose is from all the years and hundreds of enemies, I know pretty much all the replies that will chase off pretenders. I have my stalkers but within a few days, they're aware they can't touch me in insult-exchanges. Tommy expects these forums to have some form of normalcy which this one does and is therefore why I try to put up with management that thinks I'm a maniac and keeps a close eye on me. So what I've found is that if you come here or someplace else have a strategy. Mine is to appreciate the smart ones and laugh as much as possible whichever side it comes from. I despise leftists but a couple of them are pretty original and clever and sometimes I let them know it. Other boards' tribes don't allow that but my guru in the beginning, a cat from S. Carolina and former helo-jockey, showed me he could have fun with the communists and maybe slowly change them into normal people. So I've tried to pass that along to my allies on occasion...not now, this close to an important election. It's tribal until 4 November and we can all lower our guard then. If this diatribe helps anybody, fine...if not that's fine too. Just have yourself some fun, get pissed when it's called for, then settle down and have fun again.

Is that what it amounts to? Gang warfare? lol.

View attachment 366616

The most fun are the ones that come in saying: "I'm liberal socially but a a fiscal conservative". They must be jumped in or out depending on who gets to them first. In racing we used to say brakes are for quitters. Independents will have to decide within minutes who they can hang with and betrayals aren't tolerated. All these calls for "civil conversation" are horseshit....we did that for years and nothing ever happened. Abbie Hoffman told me once he'd rather be dead than sit through a debate between a conservative and a liberal and that's how I see it. Stomp your feet, wave your hands....SAY SOMETHING, DO SOMETHING!

Or the CDZ?

Where are these doughnuts???? or is it safe to ask?

Or the CDZ?

I think I saw them in the FZ.

Meh. This place isn't for being all serious and shit. It's supposed to be for entertainment purposes only. Or venting. Or bitching. Or poking. Or laughing.

When it starts to get serious..then leave for awhile. Come back. Start all over again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Exactly why I am here.
No one is changing anyone else's perspective or opinion.
But there are sure as hell some angry mofo's lurking around here.

Or the CDZ?

You got me? Antibiotics can help!

Or the CDZ?

You got me? Antibiotics can help!

Can’t afford them.

:eusa_naughty:

And as for the invite only.......well, I wasn't invited
A bunch of us got a group warning because an idiot never posted an invite list and then bitched about trolling.
Now that group warning has become a private discussion, much like the invite only threads.
How ironic.
Hope I don't get slapped again for bringing it up.

Or the CDZ?

Doughnuts?
I have been supplying the doughnuts in Introductions since Old Lady "claimed " she was leaving.
Here you go...
8trumpdonuts17.33-AM-2.jpg
Enjoy.

Hello friends and foe,

I have decided it is time for me to leave, because I prefer another forum, where blatant trolling and numerous personal attacks are strongly moderated. I grew tired of it here, decided to move on to a forum, where moderation doesn't let it destroy threads, the offender gets moderated.

I had to leave as I was starting to get more snotty in my replies which is another reason to leave, having to deal with the chronic trolling and stupid behavior of members who don't intend to discuss the topic, made me lose focus on why I am here. Sooo tired of the stupid partisan thinking and the blatant trolling here, the refusal of members staying on topic was the last straw for me, the off topic rules are not getting enforced much, I feel that I am just wasting my time here.

I prefer real point/counterpoint discussions on any topic, not finding it much here. I have in recent weeks pointed out how many members don't address my Post one articles, they attack the writer, the publisher while ignoring the content of the article. I consider that as a bad habit this forum has developed, which is yet another reason why I have decided to leave.

Two of my PM's to the Mods have been completely ignored, one was a suggestion (May 12) to create a resource section in the forum, which has been done elsewhere to success.

Thank you for the laughs, and the many positive reactions I have received in the two years I have been here. I learned all the while.

Kudos to Moderator Coyote, who often disagree with me, but always civil and tries to carry on a discussion, which forces me to try harder to respond in kind the same way, wish a lot more people can do that here, but alas....., I consider him the BEST of the democrats in the forum, nearly the ONLY one I can argue while staying reasonably calm and civil the whole time.

Kudos for PoliticalChic interesting long posts makes me look forward for more.

Kudos for Cruiserfranks many thanks given, appreciated it.

Kudos to billy_bob many thanks given, appreciate it too.

There is a lot I can say about how poorly this place are being handled by the mostly absente owner, and the undersized Moderation team who doesn't have an everyday Administrator to support them. The trolling and off topic behavior are not getting addressed in time, too many threads damaged early, which turns off part of the membership, it certainly cooled my forum interest here.

Well that is about it.

Not going to respond to the inevitable, even snotty bashing over this post, it would help me leave more easily....

Cheers,

Thomas
/——/ Sunsettommy??? Never heard of you.

Hello friends and foe,

I have decided it is time for me to leave, because I prefer another forum, where blatant trolling and numerous personal attacks are strongly moderated. I grew tired of it here, decided to move on to a forum, where moderation doesn't let it destroy threads, the offender gets moderated.

I had to leave as I was starting to get more snotty in my replies which is another reason to leave, having to deal with the chronic trolling and stupid behavior of members who don't intend to discuss the topic, made me lose focus on why I am here. Sooo tired of the stupid partisan thinking and the blatant trolling here, the refusal of members staying on topic was the last straw for me, the off topic rules are not getting enforced much, I feel that I am just wasting my time here.

I prefer real point/counterpoint discussions on any topic, not finding it much here. I have in recent weeks pointed out how many members don't address my Post one articles, they attack the writer, the publisher while ignoring the content of the article. I consider that as a bad habit this forum has developed, which is yet another reason why I have decided to leave.

Two of my PM's to the Mods have been completely ignored, one was a suggestion (May 12) to create a resource section in the forum, which has been done elsewhere to success.

Thank you for the laughs, and the many positive reactions I have received in the two years I have been here. I learned all the while.

Kudos to Moderator Coyote, who often disagree with me, but always civil and tries to carry on a discussion, which forces me to try harder to respond in kind the same way, wish a lot more people can do that here, but alas....., I consider him the BEST of the democrats in the forum, nearly the ONLY one I can argue while staying reasonably calm and civil the whole time.

There is a lot I can say about how poorly this place are being handled by the mostly absente owner, and the undersized Moderation team who doesn't have an everyday Administrator to support them. The trolling and off topic behavior are not getting addressed in time, too many threads damaged early, which turns off part of the membership, it certainly cooled my forum interest here.

Well that is about it.

Not going to respond to the inevitable, even snotty bashing over this post, it would help me leave more easily....

Cheers,

Thomas
/——/ Sunsettommy??? Never heard of you.
Who is she?

Or the CDZ?

Doughnuts?
I have been supplying the doughnuts in Introductions since Old Lady "claimed " she was leaving.
Here you go...
View attachment 366664
Enjoy.

Those look like cupcakes.

Or the CDZ?

Doughnuts?
Here you go...
View attachment 366664
Enjoy.

Those look like cupcakes.
What they really look like is a Diabetic Coma.
:eusa_sick:

Hello friends and foe,

Well that is about it.

Cheers,

Thomas
So you want mommy and daddy to protect you from all the bad people that might call you names?

1595595896697.png

Hello friends and foe,

Well that is about it.

Cheers,

Thomas
So you want mommy and daddy to protect you from all the bad people that might call you names?

View attachment 366690
/----/ Some people said some things...
1595600478384.png

...I'm personally convinced that the "Invite Only" format would help these problems WITHOUT being echo chambers..

We already have an invite only infrastructure. It's called pm. And the only reason I can think of why people wouldn't wanna use that infrastructure is because they wanna be seen rather than heard.

Do you know what's wrong with that model? I'll tell you. Pretty much every one of the invite only threads has ended up like a bunch of people broke down on the side of the road talking about a flat tire when, in fact, the actual problem that's stopping them from getting where they wanna go is the blown engine.

And tommy's problem is that he wants to be in charge in some little way. I dunno why. There's no real power in it. Have you ever read his posts about how many forums he's ''rescued'' from admins he doesn't like? Have you ever seen his posts complaining about moderators and admins on other forums? It's all he talks about. A casual Internet search renders several results of him doing the exact thing thing on other forums. He's a control freak.

New Topics

Forum List

Back