Time to Pull the Plug on EV’s

We shall see. I have no crystal ball on this either, and no one's giving me a free car regardless.
Absolutely. I always say the best way for people to let go of a bad idea is to embrace it fully.

Normalization of deviance eventually leads to predictable surprises.

Roflol. You really are crazy. Exactly how do you believe that the car manufacturers are going to increase energy generation. Man you are a fool.
Again, not my problem. Car manufacturers don't generate energy, but obviously, they are convinced the capability is there. If you don't want an electric car, don't buy one. Crazy right wingers love to say driving is a privalege, and not a right. Are you changing your mind now?

Your forgetting most of these cars now have inverters in them so they can be used to power homes in emergencies. Both AC and DC voltages are present. I am well aware of what these two forms of energy do and how they react. When these massive batteries short out internally, they explode. That is the true reason most shops will not touch them.. The fear of electrocution is a false fear but many shops cite it.
Refinreries wouldn't allow vehicles with cataletic converters as part of the exhaust system through their gates when manufacturers first started installing them. They were afraid of massive explosions triggered by the converters. There was a huge concern about the safety of allowing electricity use in homes. Change scares people. Even change that transforms our lives for the better.

Again, not my problem. Car manufacturers don't generate energy, but obviously, they are convinced the capability is there. If you don't want an electric car, don't buy one. Crazy right wingers love to say driving is a privalege, and not a right. Are you changing your mind now?
And you still are proving you have no clue. You should stop while everyone is convinced you have the IQ of a rock.
The car manufacturers are not convinced of power being available. They do not care. As long as you buy the product they do not care if you have to leave it parked.
They are selling cars to anyone but they do not care if you can afford or even have insurance. They do not care if you can afford gas.
Your whole problem with calling me a crazy right winger is it again shows you are completely without an IQ as I am not like you and try and convince people that my side is correct and they should worship my party. I am an independent

And you still are proving you have no clue. You should stop while everyone is convinced you have the IQ of a rock.
The car manufacturers are not convinced of power being available. They do not care. As long as you buy the product they do not care if you have to leave it parked.
They are selling cars to anyone but they do not care if you can afford or even have insurance. They do not care if you can afford gas.
Your whole problem with calling me a crazy right winger is it again shows you are completely without an IQ as I am not like you and try and convince people that my side is correct and they should worship my party. I am an independent
I'm pretty sure they understand that they won't sell many cars if their customers aren't able to charge them.

I'm pretty sure they understand that they won't sell many cars if their customers aren't able to charge them.
Why not give it up are you really just trying to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are completely ignorant? We already had that fiqured out from your first post.
They sell cars you dim wit. They do not produce energy. They do not build any type of energy transmission or generation. They do not even do any permitting of electrical generation or transmission equipment.
They sell cars. They will sell you a car right this minute and they do not care if you can afford the plates, the gas, the insurance to use it.
They are jumping on a bandwagon that certain clowns are all about. Because if they do not sell an EV then those idiots that want one will buy it from someone else. So if they sell a quarter million they would have lost those sales to some other company.

Why not give it up are you really just trying to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are completely ignorant? We already had that fiqured out from your first post.
They sell cars you dim wit. They do not produce energy. They do not build any type of energy transmission or generation. They do not even do any permitting of electrical generation or transmission equipment.
They sell cars. They will sell you a car right this minute and they do not care if you can afford the plates, the gas, the insurance to use it.
They are jumping on a bandwagon that certain clowns are all about. Because if they do not sell an EV then those idiots that want one will buy it from someone else. So if they sell a quarter million they would have lost those sales to some other company.
They aren't dumb enough to think they can sell cars that can't be driven, dumb ass.

They aren't dumb enough to think they can sell cars that can't be driven, dumb ass.
Really when was the last time a car company checked to make sure you could afford insurance, a drivers license, the fuel to drive one or the license plates? I am betting never.

It's been a crazy week what with the huge news coming from the Supreme Court last week. I've left this window open because I wanted to reply when I could.

About 10 years ago, I think it was, Honda was delivering home hydrogen .... I'll just say machines since I don't remember what they called them, and a hydrogen powered car. If I remember, they were making maybe a few hundred, maybe a few thousand for like $75 or $100K. Like I said, it was 10 years back and I don't remember exactly. I know there was a list to sign up and I signed up but didn't get the call to buy one.

All of the major American-named, though foreign-owned brands are still working on hydrogen fuel-cell cars. Modern fuel-cell research is more about using hydrogen to power an electric motor and the electric motor to drive the vehicle. Just like electric today, if you don't count the filth of the battery and the environmental concerns of the hydrocarbons powering the electric grid, electric vehicles use far less energy for motivation.

Hydrogen actually is, or can be, safe, the Hindenburg wasn't. Hydrogen is 100% sustainable for the life of the planet. It is also 100% pure, clean energy. It beats nuclear, solar, and all hydrocarbons, for the environment. It beats electric vehicles powered with coal and lithium.

I'm fine with gasoline and diesel vehicles. I'm fine with dirty electricity powered vehicles. I do have a problem with all the motors and all the batteries made in China with lithium mined by children. My opinion and my hope, though, is that hydrogen is still the long term future of vehicular motivation.

It's been a crazy week what with the huge news coming from the Supreme Court last week. I've left this window open because I wanted to reply when I could.

About 10 years ago, I think it was, Honda was delivering home hydrogen .... I'll just say machines since I don't remember what they called them, and a hydrogen powered car. If I remember, they were making maybe a few hundred, maybe a few thousand for like $75 or $100K. Like I said, it was 10 years back and I don't remember exactly. I know there was a list to sign up and I signed up but didn't get the call to buy one.

All of the major American-named, though foreign-owned brands are still working on hydrogen fuel-cell cars. Modern fuel-cell research is more about using hydrogen to power an electric motor and the electric motor to drive the vehicle. Just like electric today, if you don't count the filth of the battery and the environmental concerns of the hydrocarbons powering the electric grid, electric vehicles use far less energy for motivation.

Hydrogen actually is, or can be, safe, the Hindenburg wasn't. Hydrogen is 100% sustainable for the life of the planet. It is also 100% pure, clean energy. It beats nuclear, solar, and all hydrocarbons, for the environment. It beats electric vehicles powered with coal and lithium.

I'm fine with gasoline and diesel vehicles. I'm fine with dirty electricity powered vehicles. I do have a problem with all the motors and all the batteries made in China with lithium mined by children. My opinion and my hope, though, is that hydrogen is still the long term future of vehicular motivation.
I think that despite Elon Musk's claims we can develop hydrogen fuel cell vehicles which run off of hydrocarbon fuels.

The biggest problem currently is that the converters tend to get contaminated by other elements in petroleum products. Now that the converter size has been halved...it's beginning to be a lot more viable.

We have plenty of supplies of methanol and can produce ethanol when we wish. Ethanol is more weather dependant...but can supplement any methanol shortfall.

Then why are they wasting time and promising the bans?

How about this, if we get to 2035 and the bans come into effect, you owe me $10,000.00.

Money where your mouth(err fingers) is/are?
I believe the promised bans are there to motivate car manufacturers to develop and come up with EV technology because they won't be able to sell new ICE vehicles from xxxx date (depending on the country).

They will achieve it with less convenient vehicles than the ICE counterparts, but infrastructure will not be anywhere suitable or ready. People will have to change habit (move closer to work etc..) or suffer an expensive EV buy with shit results and inconvenience.

I believe the promised bans are there to motivate car manufacturers to develop and come up with EV technology because they won't be able to sell new ICE vehicles from xxxx date (depending on the country).

They will achieve it with less convenient vehicles than the ICE counterparts, but infrastructure will not be anywhere suitable or ready. People will have to change habit (move closer to work etc..) or suffer an expensive EV buy with shit results and inconvenience.

Just remember that last week California was asking coal-powered vehicle owners to not charge them because the government controlled electrical grid was failing.

Just remember that last week California was asking coal-powered vehicle owners to not charge them because the government controlled electrical grid was failing.
I have no issue with an electric motor car...
What I do have issue with is how that motor gets electricity. Battery technology is not sufficient to work well enough for long enough.
only so many charges on a LiOn battery before it goes bad. And considering the price of these things...I never buy new. The depreciation of these things has to be enormous...practically worthless after a year of ownership.

but some sort of generating capacity in line with the electric motor...that can and will work. Its going to take a while before any of this is viable. GM has been at it the longest and has the best results. And I think that if they continue they will have something marketable sooner rather than later. The batteries they are making now are not going to go to waste...they will fit right into a Hydrogen Fuel Cell car just fine.

Forum List

Back