Time to Turn Back the Electoral College...

To the days when the top vote getter is President and the person with the second most votes no matter their party gets to be the Vice President. The Congress only changed this back in the day so that Aaron Burr wouldn't get elected.

Abolishing the EC means the President will be decided by California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas. That’s not happening. I thought you people were for the little guy?

Reeding iz harde.

OP said nothing about "abolishing the EC".

I read it. I stated the objective by you people.

Looks like you stated your own strawman because you can't handle the topic. :gay:

Who in the fuck is "you people"?

You people.

One of the strangest ideas I’ve ever heard.

Fuck me

Yep, that IS a strange idea.

It was what they originally used. It was all good until Aaron Burr came along and they changed it just to keep him from winning a spot.

I know. I'm treating the post quoted as self-contained since he couldn't be bothered to hit the Quote button.
You have many women voting for people because they are cute.

To the days when the top vote getter is President and the person with the second most votes no matter their party gets to be the Vice President. The Congress only changed this back in the day so that Aaron Burr wouldn't get elected.

Seeing as Burr was already veep when the 12th amendment was ratified, your hypothesis makes no sense. The reason the procedure was changed is because both the 1796 and 1800 elections turned out to be fiascos.

Ahahaha crying sore loser Dem's want to rig the election because they can't win it fairly. Voters continue to reject their candidates and their stupid shit policies. Sucks to be you losers :auiqs.jpg:

They chose the electoral system specifically to prevent corruption in a few states from affecting the whole system.

No, the Framers established the EC to appease southerns states who corruptly withheld voting rights from the majority of their citizens.

Abolishing the EC means the President will be decided by California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas. That’s not happening. I thought you people were for the little guy?

This is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard, and yet it keeps getting repeated. No states would be involved in a popular vote system. Only individual people.

Los Angeles County, shown in red, is more populous than all the states in blue.

Look how badly they've fucked up their own county. I don't want them making decisions for my state.

b0774651676bd0b21f003e1503cd77da.jpg

Liberals are the most effed up people. They never talk policy. Let's just change the election laws.

Reeding iz harde.

The electoral College insures sparsely populated areas get the same representative votes as densely Populated areas it balances the Power for the Majority of the Population. Give every State the same Number of Electoral votes. Regardless of population, 1 ….. 26 wins

Seeing as Burr was already veep when the 12th amendment was ratified, your hypothesis makes no sense. The reason the procedure was changed is because both the 1796 and 1800 elections turned out to be fiascos.

They didn't want him to get elected again. Most of Washington didn't like him, and it was made even worse after he killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel in 1804.

Ahahaha crying sore loser Dem's want to rig the election because they can't win it fairly. Voters continue to reject their candidates and their stupid shit policies. Sucks to be you losers :auiqs.jpg:

Trump complained ALL during his campaign saying how bad the Electoral College was, until he ended up winning the Electoral College and losing the Popular vote. You should educate yourself.

Trump complained ALL during his campaign saying how bad the Electoral College was, until he ended up winning the Electoral College and losing the Popular vote. You should educate yourself.

:206: Trump won :206: we have to rig the next election :206: why won't Americans vote for our Dem candidate and policies :206:

Reeding iz harde.

The electoral College insures sparsely populated areas get the same representative votes as densely Populated areas it balances the Power for the Majority of the Population. Give every State the same Number of Electoral votes. Regardless of population, 1 ….. 26 wins
So, like your conservitard buddies you don't want it representative democracy to actually be representative.

Forum List

Back