Time to Turn Back the Electoral College...

To the days when the top vote getter is President and the person with the second most votes no matter their party gets to be the Vice President. The Congress only changed this back in the day so that Aaron Burr wouldn't get elected.

Ahahaha crying sore loser Dem's want to rig the election because they can't win it fairly. Voters continue to reject their candidates and their stupid shit policies. Sucks to be you losers :auiqs.jpg:

Trump complained ALL during his campaign saying how bad the Electoral College was, until he ended up winning the Electoral College and losing the Popular vote. You should educate yourself.

:206: Trump won :206: we have to rig the next election :206: why won't Americans vote for our Dem candidate and policies :206:

Trump cried about the Electoral College until it turned out in his favor. Of coarse you don't care about that.

Los Angeles County, shown in red, is more populous than all the states in blue.

Look how badly they've fucked up their own county. I don't want them making decisions for my state.

b0774651676bd0b21f003e1503cd77da.jpg

I find that one hard to believe.

Trump cried about the Electoral College until it turned out in his favor. Of coarse you don't care about that.

I only care that Trump whooped your asses and caused you people to have a category 10 meltdown. When you freaks are in meltdown mode you go full leftard and the American people see you for who you really are.

I only care that Trump whooped your asses and caused you people to have a category 10 meltdown. When you freaks are in meltdown mode you go full leftard and the American people see you for who you really are.

Of course, it's called being a flake. Complain about the Electoral College before the election so that if he loses he has something to blame his loss on. He wins and suddenly the Electoral College is genius.

Trump is not only a liar but can not stick to one side of an issue.

To the days when the top vote getter is President and the person with the second most votes no matter their party gets to be the Vice President. The Congress only changed this back in the day so that Aaron Burr wouldn't get elected.

Abolishing the EC means the President will be decided by California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas. That’s not happening. I thought you people were for the little guy?

Reeding iz harde.

OP said nothing about "abolishing the EC".
The electoral College insures sparsely populated areas get the same representative votes as densely Populated areas it balances the Power for the Majority of the Population. Give every State the same Number of Electoral votes. Regardless of population, 1 ….. 26 wins
So, like your conservitard buddies you don't want it representative democracy to actually be representative.

Well let me know when the UNITED States of America become a true Democracy seeing we are a damn Republic!

Notice the United part and learn each state should have a voice in this Republic which those like you on the left want to silent by using the Popular vote over the Electoral College...

Of course, it's called being a flake. Complain about the Electoral College before the election so that if he loses he has something to blame his loss on. He wins and suddenly the Electoral College is genius.

So Dem's are the only ones allowed to lie and flip flop on an issue? Here I'll just laugh in your face for the epic hypocrisy you are displaying. :auiqs.jpg:

No.

So Dem's are the only ones allowed to lie and flip flop on an issue? Here I'll just laugh in your face for the epic hypocrisy you are displaying. :auiqs.jpg:

I'm not a Democrat. I would have voted for the most honest person out there, Bernie Sanders, but he got screwed over by Hillary and Wasserman-Shultz. Sanders is an Independent that is forced to run as a Democrat. Even he was my third choice behind Jeb Bush and Kasich. I've NEVER voted Democrat for President.

I am willing to bet if the Founding Fathers knew what this country would turn into they would offer us back to England and just forget the Revolution, so let just the Country back to England, Spain, France, and Russia ( let see anyone know which state... ) and just forget the Constitution...

I would have voted for the most honest person out there, Bernie Sanders

Look, Bernie Sanders is a stupid fucking moron. For fucks sake people. :eusa_hand: Do as I say not as I do Bernie owns 3 homes now. :eusa_hand:

You need to quit reading the rightwing garbage. Sanders has a home he lives in when he is in DC, a regular home, and a summer home that was paid for when they sold a house that was left to his wife from her parents.

So Sanders only bought 2 homes... the other was purchased with the proceeds of an inheritance.

LOL turn back the electoral college....let 16 y/o voting.....let all illegals vote haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fucking morons!

Seeing as Burr was already veep when the 12th amendment was ratified, your hypothesis makes no sense. The reason the procedure was changed is because both the 1796 and 1800 elections turned out to be fiascos.

They didn't want him to get elected again. Most of Washington didn't like him, and it was made even worse after he killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel in 1804.

You always do this. You take an ounce of history, and make up a pound of nonsense.

The Democratic-Republicans would simply decline to nominate Burr to be a candidate again. There were no primaries back then. The nominations were chosen by the sitting member of Congress. The very people you identify as not wanting Burr to win again are the very people who would have had direct control over giving him the opportunity. It's absolutely stupidity to suggest that they went through the arduous task of convincing 3/4 of state legislatures to ratify an amendment to the constitution to alter a fundamental mechanism of the federal government, all to effect a political goal they were already in direct control of.

This is further highlighted by the fact that nothing in the 12th amendment would have prevented Burr from serving a second term as veep. The DR caucus of 1804 selected George Clinton as the candidate to replace Burr. If the 12th amendment has never been ratified, the caucus would still have selected Clinton.

Last edited:

Seeing as Burr was already veep when the 12th amendment was ratified, your hypothesis makes no sense. The reason the procedure was changed is because both the 1796 and 1800 elections turned out to be fiascos.

They didn't want him to get elected again. Most of Washington didn't like him, and it was made even worse after he killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel in 1804.

You always do this. You take an ounce of history, and make up a pound of nonsense.

The Democratic-Republicans would simply decline to nominate Burr to be a candidate again. There were no primaries back then. The nominations were chosen by the sitting member of Congress. The very people you identify as not wanting Burr to win again are the very people who would have had direct control over giving him the opportunity. It's absolutely stupidity to suggest that they went through the arduous task of convincing 3/4 of state legislatures to ratify an amendment to the constitution to alter a fundamental mechanism of the federal government, all to effect a political goal they were already in direct control of.

This is further highlighted by the fact that nothing in the 12th amendment would have prevented Burr from serving a second term as veep. The DR caucus of 1804 selected George Clinton as the candidate to replace Burr. If the 12th amendment has never been ratified, the caucus would still have selected Clinton.

This same topic was talked about on Meet the Press Daily. Barr was one of the reasons they made the 12th Amendment. Period.

I always do this? Care to share which things you are referring to? You won't, because you can't.

How Aaron Burr changed the Constitution - National Constitution Center

Yeah, let's have every future presidential election determined by 4 states. Sounds perfect. :rolleyes:

Yeah, let's have every future presidential election determined by 4 states. Sounds perfect. :rolleyes:

Can you read? I never said to get rid of the Electoral College. I simply said maybe we should go back to the winner becomes President and the second place candidate is the VP.

Forum List

Back