Time warp! McCain wins 2008 eleciton! Where are we now........

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
Where do you think we would be if McCain won the 2008 election? Would we be better or worse as a nation? What about the world?

Myself, I think we would be pretty much 99% where we are now. I tend to think our economy would be the same, but I think we would have a much larger footprint in the on going Middle East war.

Discuss.......

The answer to your first question:

The same place we are now. Just as you said. With two distinct differences:

1) We'd be more involved in the Middle East

2) We wouldn't be talking about Obamacare right now.

Where do you think we would be if McCain won the 2008 election? Would we be better or worse as a nation? What about the world?

Myself, I think we would be pretty much 99% where we are now. I tend to think our economy would be the same, but I think we would have a much larger footprint in the on going Middle East war.

Discuss.......

I 'spect we'd be just about as fucked up as we are now...

'cept mebbe in different ways...

but with Obama having been elected, at least we can mebbe get past the "America will never elect a knee-grow president" crap...

So we'd be pissing away billions in another pointless war and 1 out of 4 Americans would still have inadequate health coverage?

And you think this would be better, how, exactly?

There would still be "hot" wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Iran would have been invaded.

We'd be missing our domestic auto industry. Several financial institution would have closed down.

However, industries involved with the military would be thriving.

So we'd be pissing away billions in another pointless war and 1 out of 4 Americans would still have inadequate health coverage?

How many of the "47 million" uninsured signed up for ObumbleCare?

That would be no different than now. Which is what I believe he said. We'd be in the same place we are now.

How many of the "47 million" uninsured signed up for ObumbleCare?

About 10 Million.

Has Obamacare really signed up 10 million people?

But this is a hypothetical thread about a McCain Presidency.

So..in that case, there would still be the same number of people uninsured.

With McCain saying "Sorry folks. You are on your own."

And 45K of them a year would croak..and many more would go bankrupt.

Discuss.......

Pretty much what you said. I don't even think our foreign policy would be much different, as most of the scaling back (if you can call it that) has been forced on us by practical necessity.

If McCain had been elected? He would have died of a stress induced heart attack while in office and left us Sarah.

And we would have been really, royally screwed. While she was looking at Russia from her house. Or hunting moose.

Of course she would have resigned within 6 months of McCain dying.(job is really hard to do) Then who do we have left? John Boner. Oh god.

Lets be real glad that didn't happen.

Time warp! McCain wins 2008 eleciton! Where are we now........
The world wouldn't exist, because that war monger would have made Armageddon happen already. The nuclear fallout from thousands of nuclear bombs would have eaten us all by now.

If McCain had been elected? He would have died of a stress induced heart attack while in office and left us Sarah.

And we would have been really, royally screwed. While she was looking at Russia from her house. Or hunting moose.

Of course she would have resigned within 6 months of McCain dying.(job is really hard to do) Then who do we have left? John Boner. Oh god.

The i can see russia from my house was a saturday nite live skit. Talk about the unimformed voter. We have one here folks!

The i can see russia from my house was a saturday nite live skit. Talk about the unimformed voter. We have one here folks!

Wrong, it was an actual clip. Quick, someone get on youtube and post it because I don't know how to post a video to this text. It's pretty funny, but on her side of it, it was something ANYONE could have said. I still think she's a reality TV personality more than anything.

well we wouldn't have Obamacare. That's good. Can't say he would have done much else.

Forum List

Back